Valley 42 West 0

sportphotos
JV Team

Re: WEST at VALLEY!!! Thoughts!?!?!

Post by sportphotos »

noles_fan wrote:If West can play a "clean game" meaning no turnovers, penalties or giving up big plays that can win this game. Do I think they could win by 14 sure. Do I think they could lose by 14 sure. This is high school football we are talking about here. Anything can happen under the Friday night lights. We have all seen or played in games when something unexpected has happened. Lets just all agree to disagree. We all love our teams and are passionate about them. I for one will route for West every week win or lose no matter who they play. I think this will be a hard fought game with the winner having a real shot at being named SOCII champs.
Well said.Good Luck West!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

chicken_coop wrote:Everything in this thread looked good until post #14......interesting.
Sorry to the Valley posters, we have to deal with this bulls_ _t every week. There is only a few people from the Westside that have made a post on this thread.

TheNatural
Riding the Bench

Post by TheNatural »

urban buck wrote:Go West, even though you don't stand a chance in hell according to all here, play like you do, never ever give up.
Valley must be great, but one thing they are not, is humble. In my book, makes you not so great.

Go West!
I don't recall anyone saying they don't have a chance in hell. Quite the opposite actually. People have, for the most part, given reasonable predictions and opinions and most people agree that Valley is favored. Is that what is upsetting you so much?

No one has said they don't have a chance in hell or shouldn't bother showing up.... except you.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

luvbigcats wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Everything in this thread looked good until post #14......interesting.
Sorry to the Valley posters, we have to deal with this bulls_ _t every week. There is only a few people from the Westside that have made a post on this thread.
Yep it's sad for sure!! It's obviously a woman doing it all, because they are obviously not wanting to meet. It sure must take a lot of time to be in control so many names..? I guess that would require a Masters.... Like I said, I don't know many Westside or Valley men who would take this kinda crap?? PROVE ME WRONG!!
For the sake of being at the game Friday let's all hope it really is a good one?!

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I logged onto a high school football thread and found the Springer show.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

:lol: in this episode we're trying to figure out if it's a man or woman..!!
They defiantly have a man's tendencies....maybe you can help?

I guess we'll never really know for sure....

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

Endzone......you ARE NOT the father!

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Vladimir wrote:
Bo_Diaz wrote: Valley returns all but 3-4 starters. They returned a loaded team.
Sounds like it from what Jesco is saying. So it's just your QB, who is the OC son, and the center and left OT?
And the Fullback, who was a darn good blocker. He was replaced by his cousin who has had a very good year, along with Alex Loop has had a phenomenal season in a back up role. After those 4 positions, every other guy was a starter or played a significant role last year. The QB isn't the runner that Howard was, but he's a big time passer. The other two spots have been filled by guys with playing and starting experience. While it is hard to replace a 1st team all state DT, this team returned a ton of talent that worked hard to be better this season. There has even been a few surprises from guys that didn't play big roles last year but have came up big so far this season.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

OldBlue wrote:Endzone......you ARE NOT the father!
:mrgreen:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

luvbigcats wrote:
It's all good, we know that these clowns arent indicitive of the whole West Side. Every since post #14...we've just been rolling with the madness.

Looking for a good ballgame. Just glad it's on VSN.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Brian Baer will lead us in song:

Darren row the team ashore, hallelujah
My brothers and sisters are in the stands, hallelujah
My brothers and sisters are in the stands, hallelujah
Darren we can't let'em score, hallelujah

The field is deep and field is wide, hallelujah
There stands Triplett on the other side, hallelujah

Valley's liver is chilly and cold, hallelujah
Chills the body but warms the soul, hallelujah

:aaaaa36 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa36

:aaaaa3

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

If you ar e referring to me with the masters and all. Wow, dumber than I first thought. :razz:
And all this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

gotta get my 2cents worth in on this game LOL valley by 20+ . now you all can get back to your head-butting.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

urban buck wrote:If you ar e referring to me with the masters and all. Wow, dumber than I first thought. :razz:
And all this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea yea yea :roll: better to be thought of as a dummy rather than a coward!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Someone wanted reasons why West can or can't win. I think we can, which is alot different than we will.

Reasons we can win.
1. West has played a tougher schedule. I don't know about Van Buren, but West has played 1 really good team in Liberty Union; one great offensive team in Fairland; and one common opponent in Portsmouth whom was a fast turf team. West has improved a ton from the beginning of the year because of this.
2. Our defense has improved alot from Week 1. Especially against the run.
3. Our offensive line is alot better. They've moved kids around and our "small" line really took it to a huge minford line.
4. Moving Bricker to fullback at times with Hurd and Kouns has made West faster and much quicker in the backfield. This helps the small line because we threaten the edge more and they don't have to make big holes; just a seam will get yards.
5. Quarterback play is getting better. Irwin is much improved and more confident on the field.
6. West has good team speed and has looked good on turf.

Reasons we might not.
1. Valley is good and experienced.
2. They've had our number.
3. They are home.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Valley has to be the favorite in this one, but I don't think it will be a blowout. West seems to be getting better as the year goes along. 2 of West's 3 losses were to solid teams in Fairland and Liberty Union who should both be in the playoffs this year. I think the tough game last week with Minford also should have helped West improve a little. I think the key to the game will be if West can sustain some drives and manage the clock well enough to keep Valley's offense off the field. If West can establish the running game like they did against Minford, this could be a great game. Valley is probably more athletic than Minford was, so the sweep play may not be there, so West may have to pass more than they want to open up the running game.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

4th n Goal wrote:Valley has to be the favorite in this one, but I don't think it will be a blowout. West seems to be getting better as the year goes along. 2 of West's 3 losses were to solid teams in Fairland and Liberty Union who should both be in the playoffs this year. I think the tough game last week with Minford also should have helped West improve a little. I think the key to the game will be if West can sustain some drives and manage the clock well enough to keep Valley's offense off the field. If West can establish the running game like they did against Minford, this could be a great game. Valley is probably more athletic than Minford was, so the sweep play may not be there, so West may have to pass more than they want to open up the running game.
I agree with most of what you say. I think Valley is more athletic and very fast to the ball and gang tackle well. I dont think West will be able to use the outside. Valley will try to take that away and force them to run up the middle and then eventually force them to put the ball in the air. I still say that Valleys strength is their Defense and the Offense feeds off of the Defensive energy.

But I also think that West has a chance to win this game if they keep it close. If Valley makes some mistakes and turns the ball over. West will have a very good chance to win. This is a HUGE rivalry game and anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Calpreps predictions for the SOC II this week
SOUTHERN OHIO II
Northwest (McDermott, OH) at Minford (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Minford (OH) 46-10]
Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH) at Valley (Lucasville, OH), 7:30pm [projection: Valley (Lucasville, OH) 35-17]
Waverly (OH) at Wheelersburg (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Wheelersburg (OH) 48-3]

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

nutronron2012 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:Valley has to be the favorite in this one, but I don't think it will be a blowout. West seems to be getting better as the year goes along. 2 of West's 3 losses were to solid teams in Fairland and Liberty Union who should both be in the playoffs this year. I think the tough game last week with Minford also should have helped West improve a little. I think the key to the game will be if West can sustain some drives and manage the clock well enough to keep Valley's offense off the field. If West can establish the running game like they did against Minford, this could be a great game. Valley is probably more athletic than Minford was, so the sweep play may not be there, so West may have to pass more than they want to open up the running game.
I agree with most of what you say. I think Valley is more athletic and very fast to the ball and gang tackle well. I dont think West will be able to use the outside. Valley will try to take that away and force them to run up the middle and then eventually force them to put the ball in the air. I still say that Valleys strength is their Defense and the Offense feeds off of the Defensive energy.

But I also think that West has a chance to win this game if they keep it close. If Valley makes some mistakes and turns the ball over. West will have a very good chance to win. This is a HUGE rivalry game and anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Calpreps predictions for the SOC II this week
SOUTHERN OHIO II
Northwest (McDermott, OH) at Minford (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Minford (OH) 46-10]
Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH) at Valley (Lucasville, OH), 7:30pm [projection: Valley (Lucasville, OH) 35-17]
Waverly (OH) at Wheelersburg (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Wheelersburg (OH) 48-3]

If Valley comes out and just lets West have their way with them running the ball, yea they're obviously going to keep this game close and keep the ball away from Valley's offense.

The key for West is on Defense, causing turnovers, slowing Valley down and hoping they're coaches have a brain lapse from the Fairland, Liberty Union and Minford games where the defensive backfield was shredded.

If Valley has success getting the ball to their athletes this will be a big concern for West. The only way I see West pulling this one off is if they win the turnover battle, have success running the ball, control the clock and keep Valley's "O" off the field. Sounds like a good recipe for a win, but easier said than done. JMO

the trophy case
Waterboy

Post by the trophy case »

as i was catching up on thread,
had to double check the address in my browser
to make sure i wasn't logged onto the portsmouth topix forum...

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

OldBlue wrote:Endzone......you ARE NOT the father!

This "Sub Thread" is HILARIOUS!!! ..... "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry"!!!! :lol:

Return to “Football”