Jackson 35 Warren 20

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: Jackson (2-3) at Warren (2-3)

Post by 4thgoal »

doubleplay643 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:Jackson needs to get a little creative on offense. Running the same 4-5 plays all night long won't work. At least put a couple receivers outside to spread the defense a little, even if it's a run play.
Yes everyone that is a neutral observer is asking this very question.
Was the offense running the same plays the first 2 weeks when they scored 50+ points each week?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

4thnGoal, yes for the most part. Although we threw successfully to the tight end on a seam route against Wellston in game 1, on first play from scrimmage, for about a 30 yard game, and tossed it around a little in the Waverly match-up as well.

So those running plays were successful in Week 1 & 2, but not 3, 4, &5. I could have seen being stubborn in Week 3 even though we weren't be very successful but it would have been nice to have done something a little different in Week 4 and 5. Although if we would have thrown and gone 3 and out, giving you and Athens the ball more probably would not have worked in our favor...double edged sword.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

I would have to think it's the same plays we've just add more. The first two games the teams were not very good and then we went to West Jeff and where exposed to a tough nose team that was pretty good. Followed up by a couple other good football teams and when you play these type of teams your weakness will show up. Friday should tell us if this team can play and win or will it be a long season.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

jackson must win every week while getting better because Gallia will be waiting for them week ten. Changing positions or playing kid both ways or not playing some may be what it takes to find the right group of players. A loss Friday will make it hard for this program to stay focused and keep kids interested for the rest of the year and off season.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Here is the best case scenario, for here on out, and the end of the 2013 football campaign for the Ironmen.

Finish 7-3, and maybe sneak into the #8 seed. Play Athens and even though there is a 99.9% chance we aren't successful in Week 11, make a better than expected finish against them and at least compete, thereby ending this year knowing that in "round #2" against them the kids realized they made significant improvement versus "round #1" against them.

Now that is a pipe dream but nonetheless the best possible outcome in my opinion.

Hopefully this week we will see some of the kids playing both ways limited a little bit, especially offensively...giving them even more stamina on the defensive side of the ball. Couple different player personnel on the O-Line would make them that much better defensively in my opinion. But I am no coach that is for certain, and heck I wasn't even that good of a player lol.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

SEOAL champs and another shot at Athens should be the goal. I feel we will need to make changes to get 7-3 and hope for playoff spot.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

VERY important game for the Ironmen.

A win will give them some momentum for the rest of SEOAL play. A loss could cause the whole season to spiral out of control.

This group has taken their lumps the last three weeks, but it's time for them to step up and make things right.

There's a championship on the line during every week of league play. Each week is just as important as the next. Get the job done tomorrow night!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

By the way, the last time Jackson lost four straight games was in 2008. Last four games of the season after starting 5-1. Those losses were to Ironton, Logan, Chillicothe, and Zanesville. Three of those teams went on to the second round of the playoffs.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

You have to look at the caliber of the teams we played the first two weeks vs the caliber of the teams we've played the last three weeks when you ask why we don't do some of those same things such as throwing it around and such. When you have twice the pressure in the back field as before it limits your ability to make certain plays. We are slow to hit the holes and thats just plain and simple and when you have a defense that is quick your limited in what will be successful.
Some of the bigger guys should be playing guard or tackle if you want to open up your offense any but that wont happen for what are obvious reasons to those that follow the team and are familiar with the team.
We'll need to be solid and control tempers tonight if we want to win. Penalties could be a huge factor if we allow it to.
All players need to stay busy to the whistle on every play and if those two things happen the Ironmen may very well be 3-3 saturday morning.
Go RED :aaaaa8 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa8

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

From an outsider view point, Camnott does not seem to be a true Ironmen fan. Sounds like a very jealous person to say negative comments about high school kids. They are kids playing a game. Act like an adult..

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

[quote][/quote]Not sure what you mean. Didnt mention any individuals and probably more involved with Ironmen sports than most. Anyway I will not argue further on a forum. Its about football not your feelings. :aaaaa51

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Blackjack wrote:From an outsider view point, Camnott does not seem to be a true Ironmen fan. Sounds like a very jealous person to say negative comments about high school kids. They are kids playing a game. Act like an adult..
Yes for gosh sakes don't ever say or write anything that anyone could construe as having even a hint of negativity in it. Lest you ruin the self esteem of a player, and maybe even the morale of a whole team. Just post that everyone is great and that we should not even keep score in any games. :mrgreen:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

eagle25 wrote:
Blackjack wrote:From an outsider view point, Camnott does not seem to be a true Ironmen fan. Sounds like a very jealous person to say negative comments about high school kids. They are kids playing a game. Act like an adult..
Yes for gosh sakes don't ever say or write anything that anyone could construe as having even a hint of negativity in it. Lest you ruin the self esteem of a player, and maybe even the morale of a whole team. Just post that everyone is great and that we should not even keep score in any games. :mrgreen:
Camnott is not saying anything really different than any of the comments that have been made previously on this thread or any of the prior threads for Jackson in the last couple weeks. I believe most observations (at least that I have made) is that if we are going to insist on a power type run game and know that the defense is going to stack you up with players in the box, that you are therefor are going to have to be stronger and have more physicality than the other team week in and week out. I think most comments have suggested that the coaching staff should be considering toying with that line-up up both line wise and perhaps elsewhere. One of the posters even put forth a line-up that he thought would work...which based on my knowledge seemed pretty reasonable actually.

It will be interesting to see what is rolled out tonight, I have to assume at some point we will see some different players/positions this evening.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I think that whichever team gets off to a good start will win this game tonight.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

Line up was just my way of getting kids on the field my not be where they normally play. Jackson needs every athlete on the field no matter how funny it looks compared to where kids always play. Maybe tonight we will see some new looks.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Good luck Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren just scored a TD with no time on the clock before half after the kicker recovered the kick he had blocked.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

iman24 with a good call on Johnny Farley...the young back has both of Jackson's TD's

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ironmen won 35-20

They ran amuck.

Sounds like a serious injury to Rafferty....hopefully not

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Great effort on the ground by Griffiths and Crabtree who both rushed for over 100 yards. Two TDs from freshman Johnny Farley who stepped in for Rafferty too.

Good to see the Ironmen back in the win column. Gotta keep working hard, try to get healthy, and get a win at Logan next week.

Return to “Football”