Wahama 28 Southern 14

The Dog
Freshman Team

Re: WK6 (5-0) Southern Vs (4-1) Wahama

Post by The Dog »

Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:Back in our day, Coach Wolfe wouldnt let Cousin H and the boys even think of playing football. We just got our big ears haircuts and ran suicides if we missed a free throw and we almost won the whole dang state. The boys down at Toms Butcher Shop think this may be the year we become a football school.

Racine Southern Hustlin Purple Tornadoes 40
Whoa-Momma 0
That thers justa bout right. Just what I been tryin to tell them boys at Toms and they keep syain Racines a baseball school now. Too bad cuz people forget omost winin the whole danged state back in the day. I'm jus glad they quit makin them boys lift those danged waits. Them things throws off yer shot.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Wahama was so mad about losing to us in varsity that they brought some 9th graders up to play against Trimble Jr Hi. That's what their players said anyway. Plus the refs wouldn't let the Trimle coaches scream at them like they use to so it took them out of their game a little.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Southern has a chance to prove that they are for real tonight, they don't necessarily need to win to do that either. If Southern can compete and keep it close tonight I think it would say a lot about them and what we can expect down the line.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Wahama is a one dementional team (RUN) is all they can do, And IF and its a BIG IF because kane roush is a fundable running back IF they can stop Wahamas run game and put up a few score southern could have a GREAT CHANCE! Then the TOMKITTIES will be on the WHOA TRAIN come week 9

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Does any one have a score?

masonite
Waterboy

Post by masonite »

Southern recovered a Wahama fumble on the 1 yard line and scored a TD. Since then, Wahama has scored 3 TD's and the score is 20-7 at halftime. Wahama gets the ball to start the 2nd half and after the tongue lashing they get from the coaches at halftime, I expect them to score on every possession in the 3rd quarter.

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Thanks 3inarow!

Tornado85
Freshman Team

Post by Tornado85 »

Wahama. 28
Southern. 14
Southern had 2 drives stalled inside 20 and fumbled on a drive at 35. We had our opportunities. Need to regroup and finish year strong!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Yep, SHS had the chances to make it more of a game. But, they now see where they need to improve.

TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

Overall Southern defense did good wont say great cause of giving up those 2 big pass plays first half which hurt them the Roush boy did hurt then from time to time but that was to be expected the offense had chances especially in the 2nd half but couldn't finish and the first half interception thrown that was a bad decision should have tossed that baby out if bounds overall though southern fought hard the team has a bunch of heart and looked real good at times but just need to clean up a few things they will be ok though now just need to focus on next week

Wahama didn't impress me by any means it's Kane Roush and that's it no way I can see them repeat as state champs they are a run run run team but whatever works and it did tonight so I got to respect them on that

Southern will finish the year out 8-2

karlchilders
Waterboy

Post by karlchilders »

they's a talking bout southern basketball on gridiron glory. lol

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

stopping roush cant be easy :idea:

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

TShep17 wrote:Overall Southern defense did good wont say great cause of giving up those 2 big pass plays first half which hurt them the Roush boy did hurt then from time to time but that was to be expected the offense had chances especially in the 2nd half but couldn't finish and the first half interception thrown that was a bad decision should have tossed that baby out if bounds overall though southern fought hard the team has a bunch of heart and looked real good at times but just need to clean up a few things they will be ok though now just need to focus on next week

Wahama didn't impress me by any means it's Kane Roush and that's it no way I can see them repeat as state champs they are a run run run team but whatever works and it did tonight so I got to respect them on that

Probably the best summation of it all. Moments of promise for Southern but couldn't cash in on them.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Southern will finish 8-2 and be playing week 11. Just hope they can keep their focus.

Bart Kowski
Waterboy

Post by Bart Kowski »

TShep17 wrote:Overall Southern defense did good wont say great cause of giving up those 2 big pass plays first half which hurt them the Roush boy did hurt then from time to time but that was to be expected the offense had chances especially in the 2nd half but couldn't finish and the first half interception thrown that was a bad decision should have tossed that baby out if bounds overall though southern fought hard the team has a bunch of heart and looked real good at times but just need to clean up a few things they will be ok though now just need to focus on next week

Excuses :roll:

Those zebras are what kept the game close.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

I really don't know what game you watched. Defense kept the game close. Your mad because Cromley ran his mouth about blowing everyone out 60-0 after losing to Trimble and it didn't happen. You can't admit we're a better team than you thought. You guys won and congrats on that but give us a little credit too. Here's this too..... Good luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs.

Bart Kowski
Waterboy

Post by Bart Kowski »

Purple Gold wrote:I really don't know what game you watched. Defense kept the game close. Your mad because Cromley ran his mouth about blowing everyone out 60-0 after losing to Trimble and it didn't happen. You can't admit we're a better team than you thought. You guys won and congrats on that but give us a little credit too. Here's this too..... Good luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs.
Nope.....not mad......glad. We won....... remember. Don't know anything about what a coach says and dont care either. You want the truth......This is the best Southern team.....EVER. There is all the credit you need. I do thnk it is funny that you guys thought for sure this was the year you would beat our boys. But.....your best team still couldnt do it. :122246

TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

Bart Kowski wrote:
Purple Gold wrote:I really don't know what game you watched. Defense kept the game close. Your mad because Cromley ran his mouth about blowing everyone out 60-0 after losing to Trimble and it didn't happen. You can't admit we're a better team than you thought. You guys won and congrats on that but give us a little credit too. Here's this too..... Good luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs.
Nope.....not mad......glad. We won....... remember. Don't know anything about what a coach says and dont care either. You want the truth......This is the best Southern team.....EVER. There is all the credit you need. I do thnk it is funny that you guys thought for sure this was the year you would beat our boys. But.....your best team still couldnt do it. :122246

Way to take the high road I feel a little more credit

Either way you look at it Wahama won so congrats on that they got a fine coaching staff and program and they deserve all the credit on the win

Also I was very impressed with Southern defense yea they did give up two big pass plays but other than that they played well your not gonna stop Roush hopefully limit the big plays but Southern had chances but fell short they have nothing to be ashamed about in all honest Wahama probably wanted to hang 50 on Southern but it didn't happen and I think Wahama was very surprised on that and who knows with Roush the game could have went either way but overall performance Wahama didn't impress me now that's just my opinon that's all so take it however you want

So last thing congrats again to Wahama and good luck rest of season and to Southern you'll be fine just keep playing hard and good luck rest of season

TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

Bart Kowski wrote:

Way to take high road!!! Just keep beating Southern down but they will still be standing I think truth be known Wahama probably wanted to hang 50 and it didn't happen I say they were caught off gaurd a little bit I think if Wahama didn't have the Roush boy it could have gone either way but it don't matter that was last week time to forget about it and move on

Congrats to Wahama on the win they got a great staff and program in WV and to Southern you'll be fine just keep playing hard you'll do just fine and good luck rest of season to both teams

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

TShep17 wrote:
Bart Kowski wrote:

Way to take high road!!! Just keep beating Southern down but they will still be standing I think truth be known Wahama probably wanted to hang 50 and it didn't happen I say they were caught off gaurd a little bit I think if Wahama didn't have the Roush boy it could have gone either way but it don't matter that was last week time to forget about it and move on

Congrats to Wahama on the win they got a great staff and program in WV and to Southern you'll be fine just keep playing hard you'll do just fine and good luck rest of season to both teams
Well said, two decent teams. I think wahama is better than most think. They would prolly even win a first round playoff game in OH.

Return to “Football”