Wk5 Symmes Valley @ Southern

TShep17
JV Team

Re: Wk5 Symmes Valley @ Southern

Post by TShep17 »

Steely Dan wrote:Congrats to Southern, huge win. I'm a believer now, for certain. Two big challenges left, Tomcats and Whoamamma. You win one of those two games, you are in the playoffs, for the first time, ever!

Even if Southern finishes 8-2 they should make playoffs in at #5 seed cause Wahama and Trimble will be HUGE challenges but right now Southern just needs to take it one game at a time and stay focused on the big picture

Congrats to Southern on the big win tonight sounds like all seniors stepped up

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Southern Fan wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Interesting facts:

Symmes Valley has won 13 straight games versus the TVC-Hocking ... haven't lost to a Hocking team since 2007.
They are 13-1 against all Hocking teams since 2007 ... last loss was to the Tomcats 47-0.

info from ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Leaderboards.html
When the only tvc hocking teams you regularly play is SG southern and eastern i can see why this 13 game win streak is in tack. Had they played trimble and wahama since 2007 this would not be the case so this fact is alittle misleading bulldog
How bout them Tornadoes
Toot your own horn and beat your chest all you can this year. SV came to your place and nearly beat you playing a bunch of youngsters on a down year. That is what a true football program does, not a one hit wonder. Glouster and Wahama will both beat you by 4 TDs.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

OK, I think there are at least a couple of Southern prepsters who would admit, I've been a supporter of their kids for years, so for me to support them now that they are finally having some success should be no big surprise. I'm very happy to finally see these kids have some success on the gridiron. The basketball and baseball silliness, well, that's another story. :122245

I've not done any studying of the schedules or Joe Eitel projections this year, so I took a safe bet and said, you win one of two against the Tomcats or the White Falcons, you are in. Sounds like even stubbing your toe against both teams is going to get you into the fray. Win three out of the next five, and you get a week 11 game.

My friends down in Pomeroy, Syracuse, and Racine ought to be really fired up now! Congrats to the Tornadoes. :-D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

(3-1) Strasburg-Franklin lost 56-14
(3-1) Beallsville lost 14-6 to Frontier.
(3-1) Symmes Valley lost 14-6 to Southern.

My guess is 8-2 will definitely get Southern in ... heck, if Malvern stubs their toe; the Tornadoes could host a game with an 8-2 record.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Congrats to Southern good win , If You can pull it off next week that will be a great win.
It's nice seeing other TVC Hocking teams doing well

Return to “Football”