PVC Week 5: Fort Frye 20 @ Monroe Central 48

CN2
Freshman Team

Re: PVC Week 5: Fort Frye(4-0) @ Monroe Central (2-2)

Post by CN2 »

42-14

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

48-20

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

NorthernLight wrote:Image
Wasn't she in the sophomore class when we were seniors????

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

Yeah, I saw her in line at the Duke when I was up there over the 4th of July. She ask how you were doing!! :lol: She also inquired about Leroy :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Um, right. Last girl I talked to in the Duke was your sister.......... :122246

And she sure as Hell doesn't look like that :122245

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

I told my sister never talk to strangers..see they never lister to an older brother.

We're up 30-7 down here, playing a 5-0 school..looks like 34 in a row

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Sweet brother. Keep me posted every week. I'm rooting for your team!

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

From what I listened to the cadets need to work a lot on there D. The O is fine it's hard to play the play action style down big though. The radio made it seem like Lang was the only player on the field when FF was on D. I just think he is too easy to game plan against on that side of the ball since you know where he will be. Maybe using him as a rover type and moving him around will be a better strategy against well coached and fast teams. On MC side from what I heard it was their blitz up the middle that allowed Lang to get the corner with no inside pursuit. I assume they changed that strategy and were more effective in the 2nd quarter on.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Great job Noles. I kept quiet this week on here, but I really did think the game would play out like it did. I just didn't want to jinx it. Last year the Noles were super weak in the middle of the defense. They are more stout in that area this year which helps on the edges and everywhere else. Also FF had more weapons last year.... this year stop Lang and nobody else is going to beat you.

I know you can't go by other scores, but to a certain extent you can and when FF struggled with River that threw up a yellow flag. Throw in 3 other lopsided wins against unimpressive opponents and the resume just doesn't wow you. Also I remember reading how FF would beat Union Local.... yeah... um... no way no how.

I felt the Noles were getting buried way too early on the message boards after week 2. It took a little while to come together, but they are getting better each week. They are playing great right now and there's still room to improve.

As for the respect thing I respect any kid who suits up to play this game, but as far as the FF football program you need to win more than 4 times in 40 years in this series to make this the rivalry dspy is trying make it out as. FF has a great athlete in Lang and a decent team this year, and a better team last year. Lang graduates .He was probably the best pure athlete on the field in this game the past 2 years... now what?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Fort Frye could not get a stop. Monroe has a ton of weapons and a good team best in the league. Chandler probably had close to 25 tackles again.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

surfsider wrote:Believe it or not Monroe Central is in the hunt for playoffs and could win out. This 'W' will get the Seminoles up the ladder and close to top 8.
I see too much of Nixon, Brown, Jorris, and Fort Frye won't be able to cover all of them.
And, most importantly, when was last time Coach Jay lost to same PVC foe 2 years ina row?

Seminoles by 18.
Guess I was pretty conservative on my thoughts because I knew MC would win. Nice job Noles. Keep it rolling.

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

Before this goes to page two, I wanted to give a shout out and thanks to the web-radio announcers, Jeff Stephens and Mike Podlasiak. For those of us who live many miles away. Thanks and a really great job!!

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

The Noles are getting better each week,ask Caldwell and FF. We played our best games the last two weeks.

Return to “Football”