Valley 56 Coal Grove 21

courier
All Conference

Re: WK3 Valley @ Coal Grove

Post by courier »

I can't believe we are heading into wk 4! Geesh!

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

Valley dominated up front all night. The line play for the Indians was the difference tonight. Being able to rush the QB stopped their passing attack. And they ate up most of the blocks allowing the linebackers and db's to make the tackles.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Is there a beef with Coal Grove and Valley. I'm reading through the thread and noticed that Loop and Arnett were still running the ball when game was out of hand. Just curious. Nice win Valley.

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

Coal Grove had no intention of pulling there starters tonight. With 4 min to go their first team was still in.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RollTribe09 wrote:Coal Grove had no intention of pulling there starters tonight. With 4 min to go their first team was still in.
SO......? What's that got to do with your starters? I could care less. That's football to me, but why not let the reserves play a little more. Surely they wouldn't blow a 42-14 lead.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Nice Statement Win Valley! Looking forward to watching them!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote:
RollTribe09 wrote:Coal Grove had no intention of pulling there starters tonight. With 4 min to go their first team was still in.
SO......? What's that got to do with your starters? I could care less. That's football to me, but why not let the reserves play a little more. Surely they wouldn't blow a 42-14 lead.

Arnett's run was immediatly following an onside kick and it was the 3rd play of the 4th quarter. Loop's run was with almost 8 minutes left. It is not like valley was running it up.

Anyway, back to the game itself.....the Indians dominated start to finish. They came out with a 3 and out and got the ball and went quickly down for a Td and the rout was on. Valley did whatever they wanted and completly shut down anything that Coal Grove tried. All and all a great win!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I don't think it was about blowing a lead its about player safety coal grove is a very large and physical team if you put freshmen out there someone is getting hurt valley already has several sophomores that get lots of playing time

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's brother wrote:
wobycat wrote:

Arnett's run was immediatly following an onside kick and it was the 3rd play of the 4th quarter. Loop's run was with almost 8 minutes left. It is not like valley was running it up.

Anyway, back to the game itself.....the Indians dominated start to finish. They came out with a 3 and out and got the ball and went quickly down for a Td and the rout was on. Valley did whatever they wanted and completly shut down anything that Coal Grove tried. All and all a great win!
I could care less if they were running it up or if they weren't. I was just curious. 49-14 and Loop still running the ball, thought their might be some bad blood between the two.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:I can't believe we are heading into wk 4! Geesh!
Time flys when your having...............FUN :mrgreen:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley made a statement tonight, great win....keep doing what you need to do.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

No running it up in this one, not one bit. There was tons of time left on both long LV 4q td runs. Went to the V for last two plays at the end. Valley is a really good team....in spite of the score they put up, their defense is the strength of that team.

I still believe in my Hornets!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Pocket Aces wrote:No running it up in this one, not one bit. There was tons of time left on both long LV 4q td runs. Went to the V for last two plays at the end. Valley is a really good team....in spite of the score they put up, their defense is the strength of that team.

Thank you.

I think Grove finishes 7-3

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

chicken_coop wrote:
Pocket Aces wrote:No running it up in this one, not one bit. There was tons of time left on both long LV 4q td runs. Went to the V for last two plays at the end. Valley is a really good team....in spite of the score they put up, their defense is the strength of that team.

Thank you.

cg will NOT win next week they play raceland and they will be 0-4 with south point and fairland still to go!!! they will be lucky to finish 6-4!!!! good luck hornets

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

Thank you.

cg will NOT win next week they play raceland and they will be 0-4 with south point and fairland still to go!!! they will be lucky to finish 6-4!!!! good luck hornets
Thought someone said they play waverly

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Coal Grove had a tough 3 games and the third game showed it.
Beat meigs and this team could be a different team all together hard to keep a team believing after a loss and even harder after 2 in a row and 3.
Not saying this Hornets team can't win out but after every loss it get's harder self doubt creeps in and that is the hardest opponent for any team or coach to defeat.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

waverly is game 5 sept 27

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

I really don't know what to say ... I was a little worried about this game ... But wow the Indians came out fired up ..and kicked butt . I think coal grove gives up on the pass a little early from their game plan ...I know we pressured the qb a lot but they have some good skill kids ...but really didn't think we would push them around like that . The score was essentially 56-14 ... Hornets last score was against our 2s and 3s

anyone have any stats at all ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I do recall a poster saying it was ridiculous that the Burg staff should have taken a knee in the previous game. Said it showed no class and argued that it could have cost an injury to a starter. But this week, it's perfectly fine when Valley has their starters in with 8:00 to go when it's a 49 to 14 game, surely no injury will occur.

I will ask the question, that was presented to me from last week. Explain to me logically?

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 56 Coal Grove 21

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Wobycat, this is a Valley/GC thread. There has been no whinning or excuse just good post. Go somewhere else with the Burg stuff. You are the one being classless now.

Return to “Football”