All Conference

Re: Week 3. Trimble hosting South Galia

Post by whompascat »

Cats by a bunch

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

I think if the rebels don't want 7-10 players hurt by the end of the first half u might possibly want to think about CALLING IT OFF!!! Cause this TomKitties football team will PUNCH U IN THE MOUTH!!!

TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

Well Trimble should win out rest of the year unfourtnaly this game will get ugly quick gonna be a long night for South Gallia but all the freshman and sophomores should get playing time in this one

Trimble-56

South Gallia-7

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK3 (1-1) South Gallia @ (2-0) Trimble

Post by mattash »

Trimbles the real deal this year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Cats will win big and the starters will get some rest.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Trimble wins big that part of it I think everyone will agree with. My question is how bad does the Trimble defense want to be viewed as the best in school history? I know last season they were compared to a team from years past (the exact year is eluding me) when talking of points allowed for the year. I have a feeling that holding the other team scoreless will be the Cats new focus from week to week. This week could be the start of a very long scoreless streak for that nasty defense!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Trimble wins big that part of it I think everyone will agree with. My question is how bad does the Trimble defense want to be viewed as the best in school history? I know last season they were compared to a team from years past (the exact year is eluding me) when talking of points allowed for the year. I have a feeling that holding the other team scoreless will be the Cats new focus from week to week. This week could be the start of a very long scoreless streak for that nasty defense!
A-Town - I think that you hit the nail on the head with this statement. The offense will do what it has to do to score some points, but I would agree that the defense will be the focus the remainder of the year. Even though it is an old cliche', this is still true "Defense wins championships".

Tomcats by a country mile in this one next week.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Spoke to a lot of Trimble players today and it sounds as though they made it through the war last night with many bumps and bruises but no serious injuries. That is fantastic considering the hits they took and the hits they delivered. There were some very, very hard hits. IMO the CATS will definitely strive for a shut out against the Rebels. Jenkins proved last night that he is deserving of a starting spot at tailback this week. Trimble by as many as they want in this one, South Galia 0

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Post by gtownlotlizard »

The Cats should be able to take care of this one fairly easy even though the Rebels have the best looking helmets around. Hopefully there is no let down after back to back emotional victories to start the season. Wow, what a war the Cats endured against the White Falcons! I was able to make the trip down to Mason and catch the game with my good buddy Mothman. Hats off to both teams in that one. They were both bringing the wood all night long. I have not seen hitting like that since Holby was laying out Coach Oz in the Alumni game, and that was many, many, Big Macs ago!

Good Luck to the Cats and keep on keepin on, U are on the verge of something special.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Trimble can name the score in this one.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

gtownlotlizard wrote:The Cats should be able to take care of this one fairly easy even though the Rebels have the best looking helmets around. Hopefully there is no let down after back to back emotional victories to start the season. Wow, what a war the Cats endured against the White Falcons! I was able to make the trip down to Mason and catch the game with my good buddy Mothman. Hats off to both teams in that one. They were both bringing the wood all night long. I have not seen hitting like that since Holby was laying out Coach Oz in the Alumni game, and that was many, many, Big Macs ago!

Good Luck to the Cats and keep on keepin on, U are on the verge of something special.
I am with you on this post. Great game. Hats off to Cats. They did what they needed to do to win.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Awwwww looky here HES IS BACK(gtownlotlizard) I thought u retired MR. Lizard so I had to step and fill ur shoes BECAUSE U COULDN'T CUT IT!! And it seems as ur were getting jealous and can't handle that Sum_it_up89 is in the SPOT LIGHT!!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Trimble wins big that part of it I think everyone will agree with. My question is how bad does the Trimble defense want to be viewed as the best in school history? I know last season they were compared to a team from years past (the exact year is eluding me) when talking of points allowed for the year. I have a feeling that holding the other team scoreless will be the Cats new focus from week to week. This week could be the start of a very long scoreless streak for that nasty defense!
You can not compare defenses from past years to now. When coaches of yesteryear were at the helm not much mention was made about "lets see if we can be the best defense ever by leaving the starters in..." Starters were usually pulled early during blowout wins. So, while this years' coaches can leave the starters in to try and ensure they have the defense that gives up the fewest points in history, they can not say for sure it was the best defensive team ever. I doubt that they care about that anyway. I would think, or at least hope, they care more about keeping players healthy for future games.

Trimble 46

South Gallia 6

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Post by gtownlotlizard »

Sum_it_up89 wrote:Awwwww looky here HES IS BACK(gtownlotlizard) I thought u retired MR. Lizard so I had to step and fill ur shoes BECAUSE U COULDN'T CUT IT!! And it seems as ur were getting jealous and can't handle that Sum_it_up89 is in the SPOT LIGHT!!
Not sure what you're getting at here? I haven't been on here in a while, and won't be here for long. I just wanted to say that was one heck of a game Friday night. I went back and reviewed some of your posts and you are all over the place man. You must have more personalities than some of these guys have user names on here. Why would I be jealous of u? That cute little sign you made the other night? Honestly, my 2 year old does better work than that with 2 crayons and a placemat at applebees. I promise I don't want your spotlight pal and thats good for you, cuz you couldn't carry my jock!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

gtownlotlizard wrote:
Sum_it_up89 wrote:Awwwww looky here HES IS BACK(gtownlotlizard) I thought u retired MR. Lizard so I had to step and fill ur shoes BECAUSE U COULDN'T CUT IT!! And it seems as ur were getting jealous and can't handle that Sum_it_up89 is in the SPOT LIGHT!!
Not sure what you're getting at here? I haven't been on here in a while, and won't be here for long. I just wanted to say that was one heck of a game Friday night. I went back and reviewed some of your posts and you are all over the place man. You must have more personalities than some of these guys have user names on here. Why would I be jealous of u? That cute little sign you made the other night? Honestly, my 2 year old does better work than that with 2 crayons and a placemat at applebees. I promise I don't want your spotlight pal and thats good for you, cuz you couldn't carry my jock!
gtown - From one old timer to another, that's a great response, and I am sure, spot on........ :mrgreen:

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

nice to see old gtown back. from one lizard to another, that was a great post on the cats wahama game the other night. it was nice catching up and watching the game with mothman and the whompas cat.
This week I say the Cats 56 Rebels 0

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Now if we could only get Smelly or Mothman to pitch in on some beer and pizza

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I wish there was something to talk about here

zebra77