Ironton 14 Amanda Clearcreek 7

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Re: WK3 (1-1) Amanda Clearcreek @ (1-1)Ironton

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Exactly, maniac. At least 4 of those predicting Ironton to win are not even Ironton posters. One poster actually saw AC in person this year, so he is entitled to his opinion. I did not predict a win, only said Ironton could be competitive if it avoided costly mistakes. I based my comments in part on the Ironton Tribune article by Jimmy Walker, which gives a good rundown on AC's personnel: http://www.irontontribune.com/2013/09/1 ... learcreek/. Ironton's fans may be biased towards their own team like most others, but by and large, they are pretty knowledgeable about high school football. If someone thinks Ironton does not respect AC, they're wrong. Looking forward to watching a storied program like AC hit the turf at The Tank tonight!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

pembrook burrows III wrote:Exactly, maniac. At least 4 of those predicting Ironton to win are not even Ironton posters. One poster actually saw AC in person this year, so he is entitled to his opinion. I did not predict a win, only said Ironton could be competitive if it avoided costly mistakes. I based my comments in part on the Ironton Tribune article by Jimmy Walker, which gives a good rundown on AC's personnel: http://www.irontontribune.com/2013/09/1 ... learcreek/. Ironton's fans may be biased towards their own team like most others, but by and large, they are pretty knowledgeable about high school football. If someone thinks Ironton does not respect AC, they're wrong. Looking forward to watching a storied program like AC hit the turf at The Tank tonight!
I agree went by the Stadium few mins ago looks like a good crowd building up wanted to go but foot is hurting to bad.
But I like you read and talk to people that know the program.
A.C. hould be a good game with the Tigers pulling away late if and only if the protect the ball and don't make turnovers.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Everytime the Tigers had something going in the first half, they'd shoot themselves in the foot. Looked completely different the second half. Lost a lineman to an injury and the fullback to an injury. Both looked like ankle injuries and left the game on crutches.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Young team but has a will to win.
They need to learn to play under control but that will come the game was closer than needed but they didn't get rattled and it showed on the 97 yard drive.
The QB has a arm and can run but he forces the ball when not needed and I believe he will get better this is a team people said would be lucky to win 3 games and they won 2 already and looks to win more.
Young but getting better game by game this A.C. team was not a bad team overall.
ironton does need to work on the penalties looking forward to next week and what they show against Ashland.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Tigers on the win.

Return to “Football”