9/7 Nelsonville-York vs Newark Catholic

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Re: wk2 Nelsonville-York vs Newark Catholic (Sat)9/7

Post by Bighitsinc »

buckeye_master wrote:
Sum_it_up89 wrote:I think NY keeps this game close.Also its week 1 and we already have people on here talking about how Davie needs to make changes,give me a break. The buckeyes will be fine and will win seven or eight games.

Sum it up...You clearly wasn't at this game and you think NY will keep this game close? if there isn't any changes made I bet we get walked all over in this one...So don't tell me Davie don't need to make changes and for one people aren't coming at Davie or talking bad about him...I made a statement and I will stand by that "If Davie don't make changes it will be a long night at the green wave house for NY"...THATS A FACT!!!
"The old men that think they know it ALL"
from the boys of fall
Last edited by Bighitsinc on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Does anyone have the 2013 Nelsonville roster?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:Does anyone have the 2013 Nelsonville roster?
Usually the Athens Messenger has it in their preview, but this year all I saw was a team picture with no names, unless I missed something.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Does anyone have the 2013 Nelsonville roster?
Usually the Athens Messenger has it in their preview, but this year all I saw was a team picture with no names, unless I missed something.
I seen the same thing. I even looked on AM website and other different places on line as well. No roster to be found. Like to see the official 2013 Nelsonville roster. Does NY have a football website C-Bolt?

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

It was in the Messenger Preview,,,,,,, get them glasses on and turn the page

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

[quote="vctransplant"

Not giving up on NY.
They are a young team and they will improve each week, but NC has to much for the Bucks.[/quote]

O&B I know you would never giive up on your Buckeyes just like I never gave up on my Vikes the past (well ahh ummm) how ever long its been cause you, like me love you program. But you are a realist. Some people just don't get that. Stay real cause I love your insight.[/quote]

You are correct vctransplant. O&B has never owned a pair of rose-colored glasses in his life. He's the eternal optimist, but as you said, he's a realist. That's a great combination that you rarely see on here. Glad to know him and have had the chance to catch quite a few games with him!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

BIGHITSINC wrote:It was in the Messenger Preview,,,,,,, get them glasses on and turn the page
Guess I did miss it then because it sure wasn't on their website that I could see, it was on there last year, and we don't get the paper,why don''t you post a link if you see it on there then, thanks

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Steely Dan wrote:[quote="vctransplant"

Not giving up on NY.
They are a young team and they will improve each week, but NC has to much for the Bucks.
O&B I know you would never giive up on your Buckeyes just like I never gave up on my Vikes the past (well ahh ummm) how ever long its been cause you, like me love you program. But you are a realist. Some people just don't get that. Stay real cause I love your insight.[/quote]

You are correct vctransplant. O&B has never owned a pair of rose-colored glasses in his life. He's the eternal optimist, but as you said, he's a realist. That's a great combination that you rarely see on here. Glad to know him and have had the chance to catch quite a few games with him![/quote]

I feel the same about you too Steely. You and I talked last year about that very thing. The insight is awesome by both of ya and so is the realism. And there are others. A-town, and 93 Bulldog are and Hitman, and Louie are too. Being a fan and a real person is what this forum is about to me.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

I sure hope Nelsonville manages to keep their fingers out of NC helmets this week. Watching the game in channel 15, its disgusting how many times you can clearly see the defense trying to gouge eyes. Idc how bad your losing, show some class and sportsmanship, nothing like poking someones eye out cause your getting your a$$ stomped on the field.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

To many freshman playing without a true leader! Newark Catholic by 32 plus!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Moonshine..I don't ever agree with you ..THIS Time you hit it on the head...NO LEADERSHIP. AT ALL. NY is a very young until a leader steps up and takes charge. They. Will struggle..more than likely a freshman will step up.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Seems like I'm the only one (of the circle of football fans I speak with) that thinks the Buckeyes are a good football team and will get better as the season progresses ... I saw some good things out of the orange & brown Saturday night ... don't discredit how good Trimble's defense is ... after watching Fed Hock, Alex, Athens, Gallia, NY, Trimble over the course of three days, I thought Alex Mount ran as hard (and fast) as any of the backs I seen all weekend - with the exception of Trae Williams, who is just lightning fast ... But for Mount, only a freshmen, to be asked to run head first as hard as he could into Jackob Koons all night was a lot to ask - but that young man responded ... 19 carries - 63 yards ... and let me just say those 63 yards were extremely hard to come by ... if he runs that hard, and shows the kind of 'burst' he showed after taking the handoff, versus other teams on the schedule like River Valley, Berne Union and some TVC-Ohio opponents - I guarantee that kid racks up 100-150 yards a game and the Bucks will win.

I think (7-3) is very possible so long as the Buckeyes don't get down on themselves, keep practicing hard, keep improving.

As far as leadership? Come on. Say what you want about Dave Boston jr., but there isn't a much better "leader", "motivator" in our area when it comes to high school football coaches ... you can get by without 'player-leaders' when you have a coach like that ...

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I agree Buckeyes will work out the bugs... They always do .. They won't be the Bucks of old but they will get there wins. There always seems to be someone step up when they need it. Might take a game or so but they will get better.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I had the bucks at 5-6 wins before the season. 6-4 at NY is a down year, but just think about how much the youngsters will improve going into next year and the year after. NY will be just fine.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Hope I'm wrong but Green Wave take this one by a comfortable margin

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This will be the 4th all-time meeting between the Buckeyes and Green Wave.

Newark Catholic leads all-time series 2 wins, 1 loss.

2010 Newark Catholic (H) 13-9
2011 Nelsonville-York (A) 34-12
2012 Newark Catholic (H) 32-6

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
BIGHITSINC wrote:It was in the Messenger Preview,,,,,,, get them glasses on and turn the page
Guess I did miss it then because it sure wasn't on their website that I could see, it was on there last year, and we don't get the paper,why don''t you post a link if you see it on there then, thanks
Well C-Bolt, it don't look like anyone has the roster right off hand. I thought maybe someone would have one from the game program from the Trimble game.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

It's going to be closer than some of the predictions. I'm going to pick NC in a close one. I'm not counting NY out, a few bounces their way and they can win.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

For all u nelsonville history buffs when IS the last time the buckeyes have Been shut out in a game??

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Saturday nite

Return to “Football”