Portsmouth 35 West 21 9/6/2013

sportphotos
JV Team

Re: Week 2: West (0-1) @ Portsmouth (0-1)

Post by sportphotos »

WOW.How's that saying go? Oh yea, "We're with you if we win, ....and we are with you if we win....sometimes."

GOOD LUCK WEST! I BELIEVE IN YOU PLAYERS AND COACHES, KNOW HOW HARD YOU HAVE WORKED. BELIEVE IT, THEN GO ACHIEVE IT. NEVER EVER GIVE
UP. LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

urban buck wrote::oops:Yea I know.
Upset?

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

Trojans shouldn't have any problems here. Portsmouth is better than last year and West is just as bad as last year. Trojans by a couple scores.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Westfan wrote:
urban buck wrote::oops:Yea I know.
Upset?
Not at all. Not surprised either.Hope Middle School Football goes well this year!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I hope all of our football goes well this year.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This matchup doesn't bode well for either team. Portsmouth is a spread offense, attacking defense that relies on speed. West is a power offense and conversative defense that relies on strength and discipline. Whoever sets the tempo early and gains momentum will probably come out on top. Because of this, I don't think this will be close game. One team will set the tempo and the other will crumble.

To quote every old coach, "the team that blocks, tackles, and takes care of the ball will win the game."

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Advantage to PHS at the skilled positions ... Advantage to West on the lines ... Fewest turnovers wins!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Saw Fairland vs Minford. I don't care who played and didn't...Fairland wasn't very good up front and not very fast. For them to hammer West the way they did is amazing because the talk was that West was much better this year.

Portsmouth will no doubt be faster than Fairland. Unless West gets much better up front between last week and this, Portsmouth by 2-3 TDs.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Westfan wrote:Shawnee is right. We had 4th and goal to go from around the 8 in the first quarter. Yes you kick it.

Our first driver we go for it on 4th and a long 3 to 4 yards at around midfield and get stuffed. Why take the chance of giving them a short field when you know their strength is offense? Plus the energy it gives a team to stop another on downs. Punt the ball.

At the end of the game we have all three timeouts. We needed to score twice. Why do we burn a TO on a change of possession when the clock doesn't run anyway?

Because they are great coaches... :oops:

Btw...A head coach is only as good as the people who surround him. Some one said they have 16 coaches....wonder what the issue is?

Why do their teams continuously fall short on stopping the spread offense or any passing game for that matter....

If West is so disciplined, why did they have multiple turnovers and double digit penalties.....(Last week)

Now I know I'm just a by stander that some on here think I know nothing about the game or West, so obliviously It would do no good for me to answer these questions.
Could one of you who are close to the program ( there's a few of you I know of) who seem to know everything about them and why things don't go right and so on...start by answering these easy questions for everyone please. :-D
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Hmm.At least they didn't get fired from middle school coaching for not winning any games! lol. You can't even get a pick em contest straight dude. :lol: I got your back man. 8)

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

urban buck wrote:Hmm.At least they didn't get fired from middle school coaching for not winning any games! lol. You can't even get a pick em contest straight dude. :lol: I got your back man. 8)
Hmmm... I don't remember anyone firing me...? But, thanks for the concern. And if you can do any better with the pickem contest then go right ahead....not something I have to do buddy, not like I'm getting paid to do it. I tried using multiple programs so it would be less time consuming, but didn't work, but again thanks for the concern.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

See you at the game. 8) Some stuff is easier to forget

Good Luck West
Last edited by urban buck on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

That's funny right there. GO WEST, BEAT PORTSMOUTH.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

West "experts" have such class. Underdog and all, bring home the win.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Oh I'm sure you last three posters can answer them questions....especially one of you. LOL where's dreamweaver when you need em'
Enlighten me please.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

urban buck wrote: There should be a rule on these websites..any negative comments made, real identity is put on here also. That would be a blast. :)
I agree 100%. But why wait for the negativity...? Some are too scared.
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

sportphotos wrote:WOW.How's that saying go? Oh yea, "We're with you if we win, ....and we are with you if we win....sometimes."
Sounds like a good excuse for losing...Don't get me wrong, It's my Alma mater, I want West to WIN or I wouldn't get on here and complain when they don't ( but was projected to ).... most just continue to question the reason why they aren't ?? Remember anyone can WIN with Talent...2002, 2008,2010,2011 showed us all that. The question lies...what about all the other years..? Nobody has an answer for that...is it talent, is it coaching, was it luck or a combination of everything..? Everyone is so afraid to speak their mind and continue about there day like nothing is wrong. When a team supposedly works as hard as they do, has as much pride as the do, has as much determination as they are said to have it should show between the white lines on Friday nights.
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Crab's brother wrote:If there is one fan base on this website that claims to be experts, it the West fans. Hell, there was a topic on here Saturday morning bashing the entire West athletic department.
I asked a question about what West fans seen that makes them feel they will win by 2 TD's over an improved team that beat them last year. I was told that 3 quarters at 41-7 wasn't domination. I never claimed to be an expert. I just asked a question or two and a kid got defensive. Like I said earlier, West may very well win this game and I hope they do. I still have yet to hear why they will. I have watched Fairland-Minford and Valley-Portsmouth. I gave my reason why I think Portsmouth wins Friday. I just wanted to know why they won't.
Some just hate to hear the Truth! And for the last part of your questions... It's called Living in DENIAL
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O-A-K-S#1
Waterboy

Post by O-A-K-S#1 »

West will finish 3-7. Then the Pendleton regime begins.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

rix1514 wrote:West will finish 3-7. Then the Pendleton regime begins.
:122246 :122246 :122246

Just curious, what are the 3 wins?

Also, I think he would be a good young coach. Only thing hurting him is he isn't a teacher.

Return to “Football”