Minford 34 Grandview Heights 0 9/6/2013

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Minford 34 Grandview Heights 0 9/6/2013

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Week 2 will be Minford's first home game of the season against a team they have never played. That's a good reason NOT to underestimate them. It is also Wall of Fame Night. GO FALCONS!!!! Defend "The Pasture".

mglight88
SE

Re: WEEK 2: COL. GRANDVIEW HEIGHTS @ MINFORD

Post by mglight88 »

Look for the Falcons to dominate the line of scrimmage in this one and pick up a win at home against the Bobcats of Columbus Grandview Heights.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

FYI it's not "Columbus" Grandview Heights (GH is the name of the town and high school).

When Fisher played them in league, they also had some real athletes at the skill positions and some good big uglies.

Word from the wise- GH is notorious for being a little extracurricular on the football field. Expect some cheap play.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Well, that's cool, but according to OHSAA, the city is listed as Columbus. My bad

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Good luck Minford

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Good luck to the Mighty Falcons hope you kick some city boy butt!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I like Minford in this one due to their physical play.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

i look for minford to use the clock to their advantage. grandveiw has a good looking qb and some speed

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I think this game is huge for the psych of Minford. Grandview Hts. has a good QB & a number of skilled kids. Kind of reminds me of another teams in the league ..... except GH is more physical. If Minford can beat these guys or even play with them, that has to give them confidence when the league games roll around. It will come down to Minford's offensive & defensive lines. Good Luck Falcons!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This should be a physical game. The game of the week in Scioto County. Good luck Falcons!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The FC Fan wrote:FYI it's not "Columbus" Grandview Heights (GH is the name of the town and high school).

When Fisher played them in league, they also had some real athletes at the skill positions and some good big uglies.

Word from the wise- GH is notorious for being a little extracurricular on the football field. Expect some cheap play.
Interesting...

According to the OHSAA, the City is Columbus and the school is Grandview Heights. They dont go by "Heights High" in the city of grandview. The school address is also in Columbus:

Grandview Heights High School
1587 West Third Ave.
Columbus, OH. 43212-0987

Not that it matters, lol...

Best of luck to Minford and the SOC.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Good Luck Falcons...here's another chance to show Central & Northern Ohio that we still can play some football here in Southern Ohio! Time to earn some RESPECT!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

chicken_coop wrote:
The FC Fan wrote:FYI it's not "Columbus" Grandview Heights (GH is the name of the town and high school).

Interesting...

According to the OHSAA, the City is Columbus and the school is Grandview Heights. They dont go by "Heights High" in the city of grandview. The school address is also in Columbus:

Grandview Heights High School
1587 West Third Ave.
Columbus, OH. 43212-0987

Not that it matters, lol...

Best of luck to Minford and the SOC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandview_Heights,_Ohio and just because OHSAA calls it "Columbus Grandview Heights" doesn't mean its the appropriate way to refer it. There's the school called Olentangy Liberty (and Olentangy Orange), but there's no city in Ohio called Olentangy. Unless its a private located in Columbus, its best not to call Grandview Heights with "Columbus" attatched because then it gives the connotation that GH is a Columbus city school, which it most certainly is not (and having talked to GH people before, through hell or high water they'll insist all the things that set the two schools apart). Is there a certain reason why you call Athens HS "Athens" and not "The Plains Athens" HS?

Anyways, expect GH to bring some smash mouth football. Got some fast skill players. If I'm the Falcons, I'd try to set some of their kids off and let the Bobcats rake in the penalties.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

FC Fan: Do you know of a forum for GH, besides jj's Puddle? Do see any of their fans here supporting their team.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GH came to Lucasville to play the Indians in 05 i believe and they didnt have a forum other than JJ's

They did bring a fair amount of fans, and had good sportsmanship back then, sounds like they are a little chippy now..

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

The puddle is the only one I know of, but there's only two GH posters and they might not be there anymore.

Look up "Grandview Heights football" on YouTube.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

as much as this pains me I will take Minford in this one...not a fan :o

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Anyone know what radio is covering this one?

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Wow! Great win Falcons! Sorry I picked against ya’ll in pick’em. I deserve an “L" for that. lol :oops:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Wow. Congrats to the falcons sounds like they dominated the game.

Return to “Football”