Wheelersburg 39 Coal Grove 20

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 2: coal grove (0-1) at wheelersburg (1-0)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

4th n Goal wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:i went to ironton game so i do not know how this 1 ended but if the burg coach stuck a late score in the endzone just so the scoreboard looked better SHAME ON HIM!!

the valley coach must be 1st class if he took a knee!!
Valley scored on a 6 yard run Saturday night, with under a minute to go when they were up 28-14 at the time.
yeah this must happen alot i went back and looked at ironton game and they done late also!!! so thats ironton burg and valley all doing that this past week!!

in my opinion i just wouldnt do it cause a kid could get hurt on a play that doesnt mean anything!!

Jesco White
S

Re: Wheelersburg 39 Coal Grove 20

Post by Jesco White »

Valley took a knee at the 1 in the Portsmouth game. However, against Van Buren, I'd be willing to bet the last score was meant to make a point after the unnecessary number of cheap shots Van Buren took throughout the game. Obviously I wasn't on the sidelines, so I'm unable to be 100% certain, but I have heard it from a reliable source. Regardless, I've never been the type to care about another team running up the score on me/my team. I don't blame anyone for how they feel on the issue though.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2: coal grove (0-1) at wheelersburg (1-0)

Post by tigermack »

tl895 wrote:
vols2289 wrote:Quick question. What happens if, and I mean if, Coal Grove beats Wheelersburg? I would love to see it just because of a possible match up later in the playoffs with huge crowd and basically like old times. just a thought.
dont worry about grove and the playoffs.........
Coal Grove is only a D6, the Burg is in D 5, so a matchup isn't possible. Unfortunately, I don't see Ironton in the playoffs this year, either!
On a good note, after having watched the burg play Coal Grove, I think CG is better than their record indicates.

Izladoom
All State

Re: Wheelersburg 39 Coal Grove 20

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah valley did run it in and I also heard it was for all the cheap shots. Trust me in this case every school would have done the same.

Return to “Football”