Trimble - Athens Jamboree Game

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Trimble - Athens Jamboree Game

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens knew Trimble wanted to win that game heading in ... if they decided not to put their best foot forward - then they have to live with the consequences ... lol ... which means bragging rights for the 'Cats all year ... I've received about 10 text messages already - I sure wish they would have made that extra point at the end so we could have at least settled in a tie!

:)
LOL! We did what we thought was best for the season as a whole last night and I would guess Trimble did as well, with that being said lets turn our attention to real football games against some old rivals in Gallia Academy and Nelsonville-York respectively! Good luck to both schools!
Last edited by A-Town Big Dog on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Like always someone beats Athens and they come with all these excuses of why they lost. I understand it was a preview but, give credit where credit is due. Being an alumni of Trimble and playing football for them I can tell you already that Trimble had a lot more plays then what they ran last night. For Athens not trying to win the game I say bull crap. They was running the hurry up offense and the reds wasn't even letting the chains get set. Athens was tryin there best to win and got beat by a division 7 school.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Throw that D7 part out though ... Trimble had more players, bigger players ... it doesn't matter Athens has 278 boys in the school - those 160 lb soccer players and chess club members don't help Athens on the gridiron ... once the ball is snapped, its how many FOOTBALL PLAYERS you have ... kids that can - and will - hit ... kids that can run, pass and catch ... the 'Cats with that huge 52 man roster proved they have more FOOTBALL PLAYERS than most in our area.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

The staff at Trimble always does a great job with what they have. Always seem to adjust to their talent level.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Go cats!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

93Bulldog wrote:Throw that D7 part out though ... Trimble had more players, bigger players ... it doesn't matter Athens has 278 boys in the school - those 160 lb soccer players and chess club members don't help Athens on the gridiron ... once the ball is snapped, its how many FOOTBALL PLAYERS you have ... kids that can - and will - hit ... kids that can run, pass and catch ... the 'Cats with that huge 52 man roster proved they have more FOOTBALL PLAYERS than most in our area.
Never ever thought that I'd hear you admit to this. Whether you realize it or not, you have admitted that size does matter............ Wow!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think you misunderstood the post ...

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Trimble 21

Athens 20

just puts a smile on my face everytime i see it :-D

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

Don't think Athens was even running full speed in this Jamboree Burrows didn't seem to show what he really has. So to me Athens was really looking to keep everyone healthy...There very sneaky like that in making u think they tried. When In all honesty they was just stretching there legs in this one..Kinda like a practice :lol:

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

93Bulldog wrote:Throw that D7 part out though ... Trimble had more players, bigger players ... it doesn't matter Athens has 278 boys in the school - those 160 lb soccer players and chess club members don't help Athens on the gridiron ... once the ball is snapped, its how many FOOTBALL PLAYERS you have ... kids that can - and will - hit ... kids that can run, pass and catch ... the 'Cats with that huge 52 man roster proved they have more FOOTBALL PLAYERS than most in our area.

Why is it that Athens doesn't include Freshman in their roster???. All schools in this county do except Athens.

gridiron fan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridiron fan »

How many teams in the county have a freshmen team? Maybe that's why??? Not sure.

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

NY don't have a freshmen schedule either they either play JV or Varsity I don't hear of freshmen games around the area!!

Return to “Football”