ironton-west scrimmage this morning

playa_44
JV Team

Re: ironton-west scrimmage this morning

Post by playa_44 »

Enough already.uugh.You just keep proving my point.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I've seen excuses and attacks of knowledge thrown rather loosely. The real story is both teams got better and a opinion is if the first teams played a 4 qtr game ironton would have been the better team. I've seen mentioned a few times about the qb getting tossed but not once about the kid in the secondary riding him 4 yards out of bounds until he could drag him down,which in my OPINION would have been a flag from where I was standing. The qb would've been flagged as well but wouldn't have set out for 4 plays. I must say at that time west had NO answer for anything he did on the edge! Needless to say this post is full of facts and plenty of opinions! What I can say for certain is that both of these teams will compete hard and have ups and downs throughout the season! Good luck to the west siders and hopefully these young tigers can prove everyone wrong!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

on a mission wrote:I've seen excuses and attacks of knowledge thrown rather loosely. The real story is both teams got better and a opinion is if the first teams played a 4 qtr game ironton would have been the better team. I've seen mentioned a few times about the qb getting tossed but not once about the kid in the secondary riding him 4 yards out of bounds until he could drag him down,which in my OPINION would have been a flag from where I was standing. The qb would've been flagged as well but wouldn't have set out for 4 plays. I must say at that time west had NO answer for anything he did on the edge! Needless to say this post is full of facts and plenty of opinions! What I can say for certain is that both of these teams will compete hard and have ups and downs throughout the season! Good luck to the west siders and hopefully these young tigers can prove everyone wrong!
You don't know anything for certain on a mission, especially football!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

urban buck wrote:
on a mission wrote:I've seen excuses and attacks of knowledge thrown rather loosely. The real story is both teams got better and a opinion is if the first teams played a 4 qtr game ironton would have been the better team. I've seen mentioned a few times about the qb getting tossed but not once about the kid in the secondary riding him 4 yards out of bounds until he could drag him down,which in my OPINION would have been a flag from where I was standing. The qb would've been flagged as well but wouldn't have set out for 4 plays. I must say at that time west had NO answer for anything he did on the edge! Needless to say this post is full of facts and plenty of opinions! What I can say for certain is that both of these teams will compete hard and have ups and downs throughout the season! Good luck to the west siders and hopefully these young tigers can prove everyone wrong!

Is the QB your kid or something?lol.Tell that to the refs that ejected him, then later in the game, threatened to eject two more Ironton players for their mouths.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Oh yea, Good Luck to both teams, especially West, since Ironton won't need it once they get the rest of their team mid season!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Actually I posted about it in an earlier post. Momentum carried them out of bounds. Players are taught to play until the whistle blows. Both players were playing hard, unfortunately the ref was late with the whistle. The real problem was the QB came up swinging the CB retaliated. As far as the games out come if it was a 4qt game West showed better adjustments as the game went on, their secondary began to make plays on the outside runs as well as the pass defense. Ironton's defense never really showed they could keep west's run game in check.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Someone needs to lock this thread and be done with it for crying out loud, it was just a scrimmage. Hopefully both Teams learned from it.

Good luck to both Teams this year.

bubba_smurf
Waterboy

Post by bubba_smurf »

All i can say is schedule us,you will make good money for your trouble.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

This thread reads almost identical to last years. People just cant understand what a scrimmage is and how it cant be judged on who would win in a real game or determine a teams season success. Go back and read how good West looked and pushed Ironton around on the field last year. West then went on to lose to Fairland and Portsmouth in the first three games. LOL OUCH!!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

So Ironton is still getting transfers and the Lutz era is over? Wonder how long that will last? I along with a lot of others are all for Ironton scheduling Valley, West and/or Minford.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Ironton "fans" can dish it out baby but they can't take it.wow
:122246

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

West had a dismal year last year. One thing for sure, they don't make excuses for it. (Oh they were all sophmores and freshman fighting for positions)lol 8)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Ironton "fans" can dish it out baby but they can't take it.wow
:122246
Since you don't want to let it go lol:

I can dish it out and take it as well if you want to go that way, it was a scrimmage lol. So what do you want to argue about now, Irontons QB should have been thrown out (covered), Penalties (covered), Transfers (covered), a couple Ironton players have potty mouths (covered), Irontons Defense needs work (covered), Irontons Offense needs work (covered), Ironton and West have young teams (covered), Ironton has arrogant fans who are not allowed to have an opinion (covered) anything else???

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

You are so awesome. Yep you can dish it out and cant take it is an understatement. 8) 8) 8)

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

OK, let's see. If you are an ironton fan who talks big, you are arrogant. If you are an Ironton fan who is more measured and admits weaknesses, you are just making excuses. If you are an Ironton fan who dares to debate issues, you can dish it out but you can't take it. Then when all else fails with Ironton fans, just play the transfer card on them. That'll get 'em everytime. Down goes Frazier!

Seriously, all of this attention over a scrimmage is kinda nice. We're flattered and appreciate our West brothers because they are so passionate about their team like us. Good luck in 2013, fellas. :122249

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton may struggle this year they may not.
Hard to tell from just one scrimmage.
The Jamboree game this Saturday will be a better gauge maybe but then again maybe not.
If Ironton can go 7-3 this year they may make the playoffs but it matters not right now.
They are 0-0 and and will be either 1-0 or 0-1 after weak one with a very strong Wheelerburg team.
Till then we can debate just how much a scrimmage says about any team.
Go Tigers

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

ALL ANYONE FROM EITHER SCHOOL DISCUSSED ON HERE WAS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES RATHER FAIRLY I MIGHT ADD. GO BACK AND READ A COUPLE IRONTON FANS GOT BENT OUT OF SHAPE AND WEST FANS START RESPONDING. THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS. WONDER HOW MANY MINUTES BEFORE ANOTHER IRONTON PRO FAN GETS ON AND TELLS IT LIKE IT IS, SO IT MUST BE SO.HAHA. PROBABLY NOT LONG!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

urban buck wrote:ALL ANYONE FROM EITHER SCHOOL DISCUSSED ON HERE WAS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES RATHER FAIRLY I MIGHT ADD. GO BACK AND READ A COUPLE IRONTON FANS GOT BENT OUT OF SHAPE AND WEST FANS START RESPONDING. THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS. WONDER HOW MANY MINUTES BEFORE ANOTHER IRONTON PRO FAN GETS ON AND TELLS IT LIKE IT IS, SO IT MUST BE SO.HAHA. PROBABLY NOT LONG!
Intelligent quote :122248

Return to “Football”