Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 12

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by bilco 2 »

I think burg by a score, ironton lost too much and it will take awhile to reload.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Will Ironton's defense be able to slow down the Burg offense? To me that is the biggest question. Looking at regular season points allowed over the past few years, Ironton is giving up more and more points each year.
2009 - 137 pts
2010 - 163
2011 - 168
2012 - 260

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

elmer fudd wrote:Come on now, while its not a cupcake schedule it's certainly not a brutal schedule for Ironton this year either. Stop the excuses!!
I agree every other team on this schedule is about as Strong as a Rock Hill team or one of them Div. 7 teams.
Wish we played a tough Schedule as your team does..........

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Ironton pounds Burg in the trenches winning game and ending this discussion Friday!!! :oops:

I'm oleblue and I approve this message.... :oops:

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

cg-ironton fan wrote:know one knows how ironton is going to do this year with this group of kids but the following 2 years will be interesting for sure!! hopefully next year schedule not as brutal as this years!! any1 have a idea of next years schdule??

GO TIGERS
Next year's schedule is the same with Meigs and Jackson replacing Hartley and St. Charles.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

TigsFan wrote:If the Tigers aren't "conditioned" and they're "out of shape" every year then how come we always beat you guys? We have won 11 of the last 13.
Didn't say they were not conditioned or out of shape! And yes you all have had the upper hand the last several years however you cannot deny their mental toughness has been a weakness! They have a history with the cramps and it always happens when we get momentum lol. I think its embarrassing and if a Wheelersburg team played the cramp game the alumni would be pissed. I'll take the over 5 on How many cramps they get this year! Burg wins 31-21 just like Cal prep predicts!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

I think most knowledgeable fans understand that Wheelersburg has to be considered a decided favorite in this game. We love our winning tradition in Ironton, but a roster composed 62% of ninth and tenth graders, combined with only 3 returning starters, would offer a challenge for any program. Ironton has some talented players, but many of them are young and inexperienced. With so much youth, the Tigers may have to out-flank and out-finesse its opponents in 2013, and this program does not have much experience playing that kind of ball.

By contrast, The Burg boasts 28 juniors and seniors, or 62% of its varsity roster. That includes multiple starters from an 8-2 playoff team with a winning tradition of its own. There is no reason why a team with these credentials should not chalk up a win in Week 1 against a squad that is still searching for its identity.

But then again, its Ironton versus Wheelersburg, and that by definition means excitement. Good luck to both teams this season, and hope both stay injury-free.

local superstar
All State

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by local superstar »

Could you repeat that Pembrooke? Not sure I read the first 10 times! Now lets see how many times you write it afterward! Lets hope none, cause you all have a boat load of talent.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Good luck Pirates!

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

The Burg a favorite? I think that's a given. The TIGERS in a shocker,just to the non-believers! Being underdog is new but this group has been known to respond! I've said it a couple times..TIGERS shock with a late score! It's not the tigers of old and we all know that. The new look Tigers continue the dominance and the senior class at the burg goes away winless against the tigers!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Tigers...it will be a very tight game...but Ironton finds a way to win.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The Burg 28

ironton 20

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Ah yes, the cramp game. I'll never forget working on the cramp game in practice. We used to take the last 30 minutes of practice time to perfect it. We would work doubly hard on it when we played Wheelersburg because they were real cerebral assassins. We just knew we couldn't beat them on merit.
Coach would stand on the top row of the bleachers with a pellet gun and ping guys in the hamstring and calf. He wanted to make sure that when the appropriate time came, we knew how to fall and just how to react to make it look real.
It works to perfection. It has to be done just at the right time. The fact that for 90% of the time the Tigers dominated the line of scrimmage did not matter. It was all about the strategic placement of the cramp. Three or four well placed cramps will out do 350 yards of rushing anytime. Instead of working so hard to dominate the game for three quarters, I always wondered why we didn't just play the cramp game the entire four quarters. I guess that's what led coach to being the winningest coach in state history. If not for the cramp practice, I doubt Ironton would have ever won a game in this series....let alone 80 plus percent of the games.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

I wondered how that worked! That's funny right there. :razz:

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Dino, you are right on the money,

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Dinocrocetti wrote:Ah yes, the cramp game. I'll never forget working on the cramp game in practice. We used to take the last 30 minutes of practice time to perfect it. We would work doubly hard on it when we played Wheelersburg because they were real cerebral assassins. We just knew we couldn't beat them on merit.
Coach would stand on the top row of the bleachers with a pellet gun and ping guys in the hamstring and calf. He wanted to make sure that when the appropriate time came, we knew how to fall and just how to react to make it look real.
It works to perfection. It has to be done just at the right time. The fact that for 90% of the time the Tigers dominated the line of scrimmage did not matter. It was all about the strategic placement of the cramp. Three or four well placed cramps will out do 350 yards of rushing anytime. Instead of working so hard to dominate the game for three quarters, I always wondered why we didn't just play the cramp game the entire four quarters. I guess that's what led coach to being the winningest coach in state history. If not for the cramp practice, I doubt Ironton would have ever won a game in this series....let alone 80 plus percent of the games.
AHAH!
Now we have proof!

It was always whether or not they faked it to catch their breaths, or that 15 players were too out of shape to play an entire 4 quarters, but now it appears that the truth has revealed itself!
:lol: :lol:

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Dino has carried on the tradition after football. I saw him fake a cramp on the beach only to have a miracle recovery when two female lifeguards brought him back to life :lol:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

:lol: :lol: :lol: It was all part of a strategy and turned into a dynasty.
I still take the Burg this year!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

UPDATES PLEASE

740-644-5055

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

elmer fudd wrote:Come on now, while its not a cupcake schedule it's certainly not a brutal schedule for Ironton this year either. Stop the excuses!!
i would say this sked stands up against anyone Else's in so ohio...... line play worrys me about ironton.... skill players may have to go crazy to win this one

Return to “Football”