Region 17

dreamweaver
Varsity

Re: Region 17

Post by dreamweaver »

Fairland and Burg? Interesting match up. I go with Fairland in the upset. :12224

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

dreamweaver wrote:Fairland and Burg? Interesting match up. I go with Fairland in the upset. :12224

Really and your right, that would be an upset. That first meeting wasn't even close even with fairland putting up 32 points. They had no answer for Burg's offense and I can guarantee you that fairland will not put up 32 again. Burg's defense has tremendously improved.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

We have just finished Week 11 and this Region has played out as I predicted back in the summer. I said after the top three teams this region was wide open. I said Hartley, St. C. and Liberty Union were the top three. After the bracket was released last week, I said Wheelersburg had the easiest route to the Regional finals. Top three teams on one side of the bracket. St. Clairsville was just to beat up at this point of the season to play with LU. Now with MF's running back out, Wheelersburg should walk thru to the Regional Finals. It will depend how beat up the Hartley/LU winner is.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

IDK if LU can control the ball enough to play with Hartley for 4 quarters. It should be close for a while because of the way Liberty Union plays, but Hartley will pull away eventually for an easy win.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

todmc wrote:wheelersburg better remember fairland left 3 tds on the goal line and it wasn't the defense that stopped them. it was penalties and 2 bad snaps that stopped them and fairland has gotten healthy and a lot better since then. good luck to both teams and hopefully not another west game
Well, this time it was the Burgs defense that stopped Fairland. The Dragons didn't score in the second half and that was because the Burg picked off 4 passes and sacked the QB a couple of times on crucial 3rd and 4th down plays. Fairland had a very impressive offense, but the Burgs defense found ways to slow them down and get crucial stops when they needed them.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think Wheelersburg has the offense to run with Hartley, I think they will beat MF by 14+

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

chicken_coop wrote:I think Wheelersburg has the offense to run with Hartley, I think they will beat MF by 14+
Really? How many times have you seen Hartley?

And before you ask, I have seen both play.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

AHM wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:I think Wheelersburg has the offense to run with Hartley, I think they will beat MF by 14+

I saw several of the Hartley players at the NFL combine. :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 But only their full ride players. :lol: :lol: :lol:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

AHM wrote:

I havent seen them in person, but saw a game on tape. Furthermore, I said Burg has the offense to run with Hartley, I didnt say beat them. But Wheelersburg will be in the football game, no doubt.

I dont care If you've been to all 10 games of both teams, IN my opinion, Burg can run with Hartley, we will see in a few weeks...IMO!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

AHM wrote:

Hartley is going to have to worry about Liberty Union. They are very similar to Valley in that they return a very strong team that actually won the region beating Burg and Valley last year. They are slightly better defensively than Valley and match up very well to the style of Hartley.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

This region played out just as I thought it would. During the summer when everybody thought this region was so tough, I said there were 3 good teams. (Hartley, L.U. & St. C.) After those three teams, it was wide open. I also said after the playoff brackets were released the top three teams were on one side. Give Wheelersburg credit, they got a good bracket & finished in the Regional Finals. Congrats Wheelersburg!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BB #26 wrote:This region played out just as I thought it would. During the summer when everybody thought this region was so tough, I said there were 3 good teams. (Hartley, L.U. & St. C.) After those three teams, it was wide open. I also said after the playoff brackets were released the top three teams were on one side. Give Wheelersburg credit, they got a good bracket & finished in the Regional Finals. Congrats Wheelersburg!

how good will those 3 teams be next year ?? was they playing a lot of seniors this year ??

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Hartley will be just as good, and maybe better. They will lose some good linemen and a few good skill guys but will have good players replacing them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

run n shoot 08 wrote:Hartley will be just as good, and maybe better. They will lose some good linemen and a few good skill guys but will have good players replacing them.
http://www.bishop-hartley.org/index.php ... l=&start=7

No Doubt you Guys will recruit some new blood.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:
run n shoot 08 wrote:Hartley will be just as good, and maybe better. They will lose some good linemen and a few good skill guys but will have good players replacing them.

isn't it a private school that PARENTS have to pay for child to go to ??

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

wobycat wrote:

Freshmen teams have been undefeated the past two years. JV teams have only lost a couple the past few years.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:

isn't it a private school that PARENTS have to pay for child to go to ??
Supposedly. I have no idea on Hartley, but they probably hand out scholarships just like the others. Athletic and scholastic.

Even Portsmouth Notre dame will do it to an extent. My friend's daughter is a good softball player. He was told if she would come there most of the tuition would be paid for.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

wobycat wrote:

That page looks like its recruiting information for high school students playing football in college? Unless Im missing something, I did not read that as recruiting high school students into the school? It looked more like it was information on college recruiting practices?

I was pretty impressed by the information?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

They should have split public and private schools. Just look at how many privates are left. You could never convince me the field is even remotely close to level.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Westfan wrote:They should have split public and private schools. Just look at how many privates are left. You could never convince me the field is even remotely close to level.

21 public and 7 private.... Three quarters of the teams left are public....

There are 715 public schools and 21 public still in. There are 75 private schools with 7 still in.

Not a very good argument.

They would go to five public divisions if there was to be a split.
If you separate public and private you will have Mentor, Davidson, Pickerington schools, and Colerain winning DI, Winton Woods, Glenville, Trotwood,Highland, New Albany and Massillon winning DII, Steubenville, Kenton, Tippecanoe, Thurgood Marshall, and Marion Franklin winning DIII, Clinton Massie, Coldwater, Chagrin Falls, and Genoa winning DIV, and Marion Local, Shadyside, Kirtland, and maybe Trimble in DV.

Even if they separate, there will still not be much parity. It will be the same schools winning over and over again, it just wont be private schools. Public schools that don't make the playoffs now or don't win playoff games now wont magically start winning if there is a split.

Return to “Football”