Ironton 2013

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: IRONTON FOOTBALL 2013

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Tigercannon, isnt that like the pot callin the kettle black. Nobody whiiiinns like you buddy, nobody. You win the award fosho.lol

I heard Tigers are gonna be hard to beat this year, just like last year. Question: do they got another Lewis to get them outta all the messes(losses) they would of had last year if not for that kid? Wow he was a game changer.
Maybe ;-) :122245

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Poor old Ironton High. No home grown talent to speak of. No history of outstanding coaches. Poor community support for athletics. Lousy facilities. No statewide ambition or tradition. If it were not for the pure charity of Lawrence County families sending us their talented children to play ball for the last 40 years, would sports even exist in Ironton? Plus it helps that no Ironton kid with ability has ever played for Ashland, Rock Hill, Wheelersburg, South Webster, South Point, Coal Grove, or St. Joe. I guess the jig is finally up.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Poor Pembrook, so full of yourself! :122246 Good Luck Ironton! Doesn't look like you'll be needing any luck though with such arrogance! haha Gotta love it though.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Fair comment, buck. :-D I was actually trying to sound more sarcastic than arrogant, but whatever. Truth is, you get some transfers and you lose some. If you have a winning tradition, you get more than you lose. It happens everywhere, not just Ironton. Just ask Chesapeake basketball fans. A few transfers can even help propel a program to another level that would be unlikely to be attained, but Ironton can count those kind of kids on one hand over the last 40 years, and still have some fingers leftover. Making Ironton the scapegoat for the underachievement at other schools is a popular refrain that makes some people feel better, but it will not fix the underlying issues at those schools. I'm rooting for the best for all Lawrence County schools in 2013-2014, and hope many will bring home hardware for their trophy cases.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

unclebob wrote:the kid from coal grove that transferred is a sophomore who has great height 6 4" I'm guessing. He was a really good basketball player in the 8th grade but didn't finish basketball last season for the Hornets. He played football football last year as an end.
This kid is a trouble maker anyway, glad he is gone from the Grove. He is the type of player that if he doesn't get what he wants he will make it harder for the team to succeed. He didn't make it through basketball this year just for those reasons.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

game day wrote:If South Point would have hired Triplett these kids would not leave South Point. I would bet to say that a few kids from Ironton might have went to South Point.

The same coach that went 4 and 6 last year at west? I doubt that.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Yea the coach that went 4 and 6 last year at Portsmouth West AFTER taking a year off, much like good ol Bob did. He came back and went 4 and 6 or worse, losing by 30 points at times. So yea, six of one, half a dozen of another. You guys really make me laugh. Ironton went 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 last year with 20+ seniors AND Lewis. Again, if not for Lewis, that would of been more like 2 and 8. So its all good. :122249

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Haha good urban, Im with ya on that one!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Yea the coach that went 4 and 6 last year at Portsmouth West AFTER taking a year off, much like good ol Bob did. He came back and went 4 and 6 or worse, losing by 30 points at times. So yea, six of one, half a dozen of another. You guys really make me laugh. Ironton went 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 last year with 20+ seniors AND Lewis. Again, if not for Lewis, that would of been more like 2 and 8. So its all good. :122249
Considering Coach Lutz had 5 starters Transfer out right before he announced he was coming back 5-5 wasn't to bad. He did go from 5-5 that year to 8-4 the next and 10-3 the year after that playing for a Regional Championship :122249

Ironton was 7-4 last year losing to Bishop Hartley (13-1), Johnstown Monroe (10-3), Bishop Watterson (7-4) and Johnson Central, KY (9-2) - What Team around hear could have beat any of these Teams last year???

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I seen some more Tigers out running a couple days ago, it's good to see them take it upon themselves to get out there and work hard. Keep up the hard work boys.

GO TIGERS

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
urban buck wrote:Yea the coach that went 4 and 6 last year at Portsmouth West AFTER taking a year off, much like good ol Bob did. He came back and went 4 and 6 or worse, losing by 30 points at times. So yea, six of one, half a dozen of another. You guys really make me laugh. Ironton went 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 last year with 20+ seniors AND Lewis. Again, if not for Lewis, that would of been more like 2 and 8. So its all good. :122249
Considering Coach Lutz had 5 starters Transfer out right before he announced he was coming back 5-5 wasn't to bad. He did go from 5-5 that year to 8-4 the next and 10-3 the year after that playing for a Regional Championship :122249

Ironton was 7-4 last year losing to Bishop Hartley (13-1), Johnstown Monroe (10-3), Bishop Watterson (7-4) and Johnson Central, KY (9-2) - What Team around hear could have beat any of these Teams last year???
ohb2, very good point but this is not what the haters want to hear...........amazing how the truth hurts some but that is just the way it is every year.......and I luv the comment without Lewis, more like 2 and 8......something we will never know will we.......

good to see the haters are still around and getting their rocks off knocking the Tigers but as long as they are knocking the Tigers no one else has to worry.......

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

For starters, I wish Ironton luck this year. They have a few good linemen and a core of good young guys coming up. As for the two transfers from SP, as I am from SP, and know the two kids. They are both great boys and really good athletes. One is more of a basketball player than anything, yet the other a football player. I must say that even though I hate to see them leave SP, they're probably better off athletically at Ironton. SP sports always seem to underachieve to some extent and those kids want to be winners. They've been coached well growing up and know what it takes to win.

I wish both teams luck this year though! SP also has good athletes moving up and they should fair well this year, I believe.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

primetime20 wrote:For starters, I wish Ironton luck this year. They have a few good linemen and a core of good young guys coming up. As for the two transfers from SP, as I am from SP, and know the two kids. They are both great boys and really good athletes. One is more of a basketball player than anything, yet the other a football player. I must say that even though I hate to see them leave SP, they're probably better off athletically at Ironton. SP sports always seem to underachieve to some extent and those kids want to be winners. They've been coached well growing up and know what it takes to win.

I wish both teams luck this year though! SP also has good athletes moving up and they should fair well this year, I believe.
Great post PT and I know they will do well at Ironton.......I agree South Point has always had great athletes but something seems to be lacking at the leadership level to get the max out of the players......good luck to the Pointers this year......

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Some of you Ironton folks want it both ways..not all of you. Excuses when teams do bad and arrogance when they do good. Then you dog other teams for the very same. So be it..why no one likes Ironton. Doesnt have much more to do with than talking out of both sides of your mouth.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

^^^^^^^^^
I'm not sure who your talking about, I've never dogged another Team on here. Although I'm a die hard Tiger fan, I would love to see all the area Teams do well especially the Pointers. I live in South Point, My moms side of the family is from and graduated from South Point and most of them still live there. My mom even drove a school bus for South Point for 35 years. Sounds like this could be the year the Pointers get things turned around from what I'm hearing.

GO POINTERS..........
GO TIGERS..................

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck to Tue Tigers from Buckeye country!!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Ironton lost two starters the year Lutz came back..and no wonder they left with all the former staff in their ear trying to dog the only guys that would take the job back then shame when coaches want you to lose so they can have the job back. Yea most things arent near as black and white as some of you think. I like Lutz fine but I liked Trip alot and he has had winning seasons as much as a great coach like him can have at West and I aint one to make excuses for him or anyone else. Good luck next year Ironton. I think it will b interestin this year fosho.lol
Last edited by urban buck on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Not much of this is relevant to football now. But since Im reading some bull here :122245 and there thought I contribute some myself.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

dreamweaver wrote:Some of you Ironton folks want it both ways..not all of you. Excuses when teams do bad and arrogance when they do good. Then you dog other teams for the very same. So be it..why no one likes Ironton. Doesnt have much more to do with than talking out of both sides of your mouth.
U r as full of sh!t as a Christmas goose..........excuses and arrogance..........I dont see any fans dogging other teams.....we dont really give a sh!t if u like us or not.......and if u call that talking out of both sides of my mouth u r correct cause that is what I am doing.........take your potty mouth back where u came from.........

your name matches your imagination, dreaming .........see u on the rebound..........

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

TTT has spoken.

Return to “Football”