Fairland applying to the SEOAL??????

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: Fairland applying to the SEOAL??????

Post by fortdawg »

I wonder if the SEOAL would let them in only in football? That Monday drive home from Proctorville to Vincent after a girl's BB game in some weather would be interesting. Has Warren looked into joining the league with PHS and South? I have no idea if that would be feasible or not but you wouldn't have to pack a suitcase for at least two games.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Fairland is not a good fit......C'MOM just think about it.......would be better off trying to get Vinton to join..... 8) :!: :idea:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

This would be a completely insane move. I know most are thinking about football here but can you imagine games like a mid week Logan/Fairland JV softball game or something similar? This wouldn't make any economical sense what so ever and if it happens I'd be stunned to say the least.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i dont see this happening. fairland is just to far away.

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

Fortdawg wrote:I wonder if the SEOAL would let them in only in football? That Monday drive home from Proctorville to Vincent after a girl's BB game in some weather would be interesting. Has Warren looked into joining the league with PHS and South? I have no idea if that would be feasible or not but you wouldn't have to pack a suitcase for at least two games.
What league is PHS and South in? PHS is the the MSL, I think? South in the OVAC.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Neil, you are probably right---I have no idea. Seems strange that the two schools would be in different leagues. hahahaah If I was Warren I'd pick one of those leagues and go with it. I don't see them in the TVC anytime soon and the MVL didn't want them----The SEOAL is hanging by a thread if any of the noise on here is believable-- so any port in a storm seems apt right now.
If not they may get forced into being an independent.

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

I agree with what you are saying. The only choice Warren has is to stay in the SEOAL until, or if it dies; then go elsewhere.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Neil wrote:I agree with what you are saying. The only choice Warren has is to stay in the SEOAL until, or if it dies; then go elsewhere.
Same with Logan. I am an avid supporter of the SEOAL, but its becoming more and more a marriage of convenience. Not a lot of options for those left and not a lot of viable options for expansion.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Good subject I will admit but don't see it happening.
Portsmouth is wanting to join the OVC and I believe Gallia Academy is to.
One is the travel involved would be easier and school size and competition is better for both.
Don't get me wrong Gallia can compete in the SEOAL in most sprts if not all but in the long run is what needs to be looked at.
The SEOAL is slowly dying I would love to see them evolve and stay in existence but it is a rural league that is spread out with no new members in sight.
The OVC is weak in some aspects true such as football in peoples eyes but they do compete well with each other and Portsmouth and Gallia Academy can only strengthen that.
As for Basketball Chesapeake is the class there with Rock Hill being strong in baseball with South Point also.
So maybe Fairland will look to join the SEOAL who know's but I think teams moving to OVC would be a better bet.
And as far as a combined league of OVC and SOC don't see that happening to much history in both to want to let lose of by either League.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Right now Warren is like the red headed stepchild nobody wants, we would love to get ba k in the TVC and have shorter travel but the higher ups in the TVC have decided they dont want us or maybe they should if they look at the number of people that travel. Sometimes you have to let the past go as I know some in the TVC still have a chip from when Warren left for the SEOAL in 1986 maybe its time dont you think.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bigbluedad wrote:Right now Warren is like the red headed stepchild nobody wants, we would love to get ba k in the TVC and have shorter travel but the higher ups in the TVC have decided they dont want us or maybe they should if they look at the number of people that travel. Sometimes you have to let the past go as I know some in the TVC still have a chip from when Warren left for the SEOAL in 1986 maybe its time dont you think.
I would love to see warren in the TVC.
As well as Gallia Acadamy and Jackson

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bigbluedad wrote:Right now Warren is like the red headed stepchild nobody wants, we would love to get ba k in the TVC and have shorter travel but the higher ups in the TVC have decided they dont want us or maybe they should if they look at the number of people that travel. Sometimes you have to let the past go as I know some in the TVC still have a chip from when Warren left for the SEOAL in 1986 maybe its time dont you think.

Warren might be getting too big for the TVC

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I haven't read through this thread but heard from a very good source that Ironton wants to get a league with Fairland, South Point, Jackson, Portsmouth and Gallipolis....and then add Chesapeake as they'll then want in.

It won't happen.....sounds like a Lawerence county plan.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

I would love to see the SEOAL expand, but if it does not soon, then I see Warren going more toward Marietta and the ECOL. Now if the likes of Athens, vinton or someone like that gets back in the SEOAL then I think Warren stays. Warren has actually shrunk some in the past couple years with some of the school policies helping that, so being too big for the TVC should not be an issue. I just see Warren wanting in a a league with mostly D1 and D2 schools and that would lead them to ECOL. Just my thoughts. Hope I am wrong and that the SEOAL comes back strong, but I think staying with local rival Marietta is benefital for both Washington County Schools.

To the original post, Fairland would be a good addition, but a long drive from Vincent. Lose one long drive Chilly for another in Fairland.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I still say it would be a big mistake to vote Fairland into the SEOAL, but I jave no say so good luck to all the schools if it happens.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

WILL NEVER HAPPEN..... :shock: :!: :idea:

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

this league has become a basketball league in its own right,does Fairland offer anything?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Hey Daniel got any official evidence that Fairland applied or you just stirring the pot? IMHO the SEAOL teams might join the Ovc. Lol dumb post

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

noreply66 wrote:

Warren might be getting too big for the TVC
And Athens isn't ? Good grief how long you think on this one?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I like the thought of warren in the TVC and make 3 divisions

Return to “Football”