Stadium and school not at same location

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Re: Stadium and school not at same location

Post by UK#1 »

At Goshen the football field is behind the elementary school or middle school i dont remember which but it is across the road from the high school. Also when River Valley first moved to Bidwell didnt they still play games at the old field in Cheshire?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

UK#1 wrote:At Goshen the football field is behind the elementary school or middle school i dont remember which but it is across the road from the high school. Also when River Valley first moved to Bidwell didnt they still play games at the old field in Cheshire?
Yes up until last season.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

UK#1 wrote:Meigs played games in town by the river but now play at the school. Always liked playing at that field not best locker rooms or playing surface but it sure was neat to play with the hill on one end of the field and ohio river on the other
I always liked Meigs field too.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

UK#1 wrote:
Jottings wrote:Gallipolis' Memorial Fidld is in downtown Gallipolis. The new high school is in Centenary, about four miles outside of Gallipolis. Gallipolis has all sports programs in Centenary except football. Groups are working on that.
Wish that Gallia would keep playing at Memorial Field one of the coolest places to play or watch a game. Its was cool to see people be able to sit on back porch of there house and look down and watch the game.
my uncle joe giles lived in one of those houses......

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

UK#1 wrote:
Jottings wrote:Gallipolis' Memorial Fidld is in downtown Gallipolis. The new high school is in Centenary, about four miles outside of Gallipolis. Gallipolis has all sports programs in Centenary except football. Groups are working on that.
Wish that Gallia would keep playing at Memorial Field one of the coolest places to play or watch a game. Its was cool to see people be able to sit on back porch of there house and look down and watch the game.
my uncle joe giles lived in one of those houses......

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Many MVL schools do not

Philo
New Lex
Crooksville
John Glenn(uses Muskingum University's field)
Morgan

&
Bishop Rosecrans

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Before the football stadium now known as Boston Field was opened in 1982 on the grounds of Nelsonville-York High School, Nelsonville-York (and Nelsonville before consolidation) played at Polley Field. Polley Field is about half a mile from the old Nelsonville High School.

Return to “Football”