Wahama Leaving TVC ???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Wahama Leaving TVC ???

Post by Orange and Brown »

Trimble folks will be happy. They can go back to dominating the Hocking again.
I like having Wahama in the TVC though.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It would actually be good for the Ohio ... River Valley could slide into Wahama's spot and everything would stay the same as it is right now basically.

But I agree with O & B ... I think Wahama made the TVC-Hocking a better conference, losing them would weaken it some ... but adding River Valley, a DIII school in most sports, would be a plus.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Wahama wants in the LKC.

I don't think the LKC wants Wahama. Some bad feelings still linger from LKC members towards Wahama.

I think the "miscommunication" discussed in the story was done on purpose.

Just my thoughts.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

River Valley will be very pleased if this occurs. They really do'nt want in the ohio. And the ohio can stay at 6 teams which will make them happy.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

HSFBFAN wrote:River Valley will be very pleased if this occurs. They really do'nt want in the ohio. And the ohio can stay at 6 teams which will make them happy.
Won't happen. Superintendent does not want her South Gallia team having to play RV in football and basketball.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:
HSFBFAN wrote:River Valley will be very pleased if this occurs. They really do'nt want in the ohio. And the ohio can stay at 6 teams which will make them happy.
Won't happen. Superintendent does not want her South Gallia team having to play RV in football and basketball.

I wonder why?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

yeah probably not I forgot about river valley and south Gallia being in the same school district. but, I think the league will still try to put river valley in the hocking if wahama does leave.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:
Not sure it will be up to her ... there are 15 teams in the TVC, if the majority wants something to happen - it will.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

River Valley and South Gallia play each other in a county meet in track, so why would another sport matter?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sounds like Wahama isn't going anywhere in the very near future ... http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/con ... l?nav=5063

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Competition-wise, it is good to have Wahama in the TVC Hocking just to give Trimble at least one football rival that can go toe to toe with them year in and year out.

Common sense-wise, it's awkward having a WV team in an all-Ohio conference.

It will be interesting to see if Trimble can remain dominant over the next several years, as the school district continues to shrink in size. This is a problem with many districts in southeastern Ohio, but when you are already pretty small, it seems getting smaller has to have a breaking point at some point in time. I think that is probably the main reason Trimble declined to join the TVC OHIO when it had a chance a couple years ago.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Regardless of whether or not Wahama stays or goes, why would River Valley ever join the Hocking division? They are twice the size of most of the Hocking schools and basically the same size as Meigs, Wellston, and Alexander. If Wahama did leave, the Hocking division would go to an even 8 schools which in my opinion would make the league much more manageable. A 9 school league creates too many league games and scheduling problems that leave little flexibility for non league games. The MVL has made it work mostly because of an agreement with the ECOL to play crossover games during bye weeks.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

River Valley twice the size?

and let me give you a few reasons why the Hocking would be a better fit:

2012 River Valley

(3-7) Meigs 48-18 L
(7-3) Nelsonville-York 51-12 L
(4-6) Alexander 41-6 L

2011 River Valley

(6-4) Meigs 22-0
(7-3) Alexander 35-0

2010 River Valley

(3-7) Meigs 41-0 L
(7-3) Alexander 49-20 L

I can keep going on and on for more years ... I seriously don't think River Valley is worried about 'computer points' or playing smaller schools - just being on a field where they can compete with teams would be a plus.

BTW - division wise ... River Valley, Belpre, Federal Hocking would be the same (DIII) in all sports (boys and girls) except football.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

93Bulldog wrote:River Valley twice the size?

and let me give you a few reasons why the Hocking would be a better fit:

2012 River Valley

(3-7) Meigs 48-18 L
(7-3) Nelsonville-York 51-12 L
(4-6) Alexander 41-6 L

2011 River Valley

(6-4) Meigs 22-0
(7-3) Alexander 35-0

2010 River Valley

(3-7) Meigs 41-0 L
(7-3) Alexander 49-20 L

I can keep going on and on for more years ... I seriously don't think River Valley is worried about 'computer points' or playing smaller schools - just being on a field where they can compete with teams would be a plus.

BTW - division wise ... River Valley, Belpre, Federal Hocking would be the same (DIII) in all sports (boys and girls) except football.
Yes, twice the size.

Enrollment figures
River Valley 190

Waterford 89
Miller 104
Trimble 107
Southern 76
Eastern 87
South Gallia 91

River Valley belongs in the TVC Ohio regardless of recent success or lack thereof. They are a perfect fit in size, location, and demographics. River Valley might become an "inconvenience" for one school, but I doubt the other members will have much of a problem with the new addition.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

demographic? Bidwell/Cheshire?

EASTERN, SOUTHERN, FEDERAL HOCKING, RIVER VALLEY, SOUTH GALLIA, BELPRE, WATERFORD, WAHAMA ...ARE ALL RIGHT DOWN CLOSE TO THE RIVER AND CLOSE TO ROUTE 7!

Athens, Nelsonville-York, Wellston, Alexander and definitely McArthur are not even close to Cheshire ...

demographic ... LOL ... good one.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dude, River Valley has no business being in the TVC-Ohio ... if your getting beat 48-18 by a (3-7) Meigs team ... or shut-out 41-0 by a different (3-7) Meigs team in 2010, and then get shut-out again by a (6-4) Meigs team in 2011 ... you don't belong in the Ohio Division.

The Raiders have been playing TVC-Ohio teams every season - and I had to go back SEVEN YEARS to finally find a game they actually won ...they beat a (3-7) Alexander team in the fall of 2007.
The Raiders combined record over the last seven years is (10-50) - but you think they should play in the TVC-Ohio with Athens, Nelsonville-York, Wellston, Alexander and a Meigs team that has been EASILLY beating them year after year.

I guess it makes sense ... especially since the 'demographic' fits ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Taking football out of the equasion ... since you have SO MANY other sports ... River Valley would share a division with both Federal Hocking and Belpre ... all three would be DIVISION III.
If River Valley were to join the Ohio, they would be in a league that has two DIVISION II schools in Athens and Vinton County.

So the question is:

do you want to be with Fed Hock and Belpre and be the big schools in the league?
or do you want to join a league where you will be the small school?

seeing as River Valley hasn't really been that dominant in any sport - choosing to be the 'small school' in a league sounds absolutely ridiculus.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

NOBODY from athens will ever admit that numbers are any advantage...................just sayin..................

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BIGHITSINC wrote:NOBODY from athens will ever admit that numbers are any advantage...................just sayin..................
I spent my entire high school career playing against a rival that had more students than Athens does Nelsonville-York ... never once had a problem with it ... not one time.

To think Logan was better than us at something because their enrollment was a little bigger is totally laughable to me ... and I still think that way today.

My points about River Valley have more to do with the state of their athletic program - not the size of their student body ... as of right now, they fit better in the Hocking ... if things change, as long as your 'IN' the TVC, the possibility of moving over to the Ohio Division is their ... Belpre just switched a few years back, it wasn't that big of deal to accomplish.

Return to “Football”