Logan Vs Shadyside

Logangrad
All State

Re: Logan Vs Shadyside

Post by Logangrad »

logan also experiences somewhere between 12 and 20 percent attrition from junior high to freshman. And something like 35% attrition from Frosh to senior year. So an 8th grade class of 35 May graduate 12-14 seniors. This has been happening since 1998. Per Logan numbers

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

I believe that Logan's 8th grade only had 28 players this year.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I counted the players from their team pictures last year. 9th grade had 33 players, 8th grade=27, 7th grade=33.The freshman class was actually bigger then previous years I believe.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

C-Bolt wrote:I counted the players from their team pictures last year. 9th grade had 33 players, 8th grade=27, 7th grade=33.The freshman class was actually bigger then previous years I believe.
Logan had 33 kids on the freshman team and they are playing schools who can't field freshman teams......

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:I counted the players from their team pictures last year. 9th grade had 33 players, 8th grade=27, 7th grade=33.The freshman class was actually bigger then previous years I believe.
Logan had 33 kids on the freshman team and they are playing schools who can't field freshman teams......
This happen with a lot of team........I thought a couple years ago Logan didn't have a 9th grade team..........Don't some teams choose not to have freshman teams and put them with the varsity.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I heard the year Logan didn't have a freshmen team there was too many injuries. They started out but a big injury bug caused them not to have enough players to finish the season. Didn't have enough to field a team the rest of the year.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan may have had 33 kids come out for the team but that pic is taken in August. They lost several to injury or grades or lack of desire. I guess my whole point in any of the numbers is like I stated before, there is a huge misconception about Logan's size and their numbers. Logan is not Lancaster or Dublin and are very close to D2 status and could be when the new policies are put in place by the OHSAA.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Have you not noticed that people are talking about a completely different the subject matter now? The one that actually matters, the game. You couldn't just leave this part alone? Talk about that game people, that's what this thread is about.
I guess just talking about the game didn't last long :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

So many rumors out there. If OCC teams leave for the LCL, then Teays Valley and Hamilton Township might go to the OCC. If the MSL league loses 2 D2 teams they will want another D2 school for the points. Talks like Tri Valley and Zanesville might go to the LCL

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Did anybody else see the mistakes that whoever wrote the article in the paper made? Shadyside has made the d7 playoffs 10 years in a row. Shadyside played in 2 different d7 state title games. Last season was only the second season where there was 7 divisions. They were d6 before that. Idiot. And Athens fans have no rights knocking Logan's decision to play shadyside. 9/10 years ss would wipe the field with Athens. Athens ran from Logan. Not to long ago they were playing little wahama West Virginia. One last thing, Nelsonville-York 1 state title. Athens 0 state titles.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bucks_09 wrote:Did anybody else see the mistakes that whoever wrote the article in the paper made? Shadyside has made the d7 playoffs 10 years in a row. Shadyside played in 2 different d7 state title games. Last season was only the second season where there was 7 divisions. They were d6 before that. Idiot. And Athens fans have no rights knocking Logan's decision to play shadyside. 9/10 years ss would wipe the field with Athens. Athens ran from Logan. Not to long ago they were playing little wahama West Virginia. One last thing, Nelsonville-York 1 state title. Athens 0 state titles.
Athens ran from no one. Athens left the league right after the vote to expand. Before we ever played Zanesville or chillicothe. We are an academic school and couldn't have our student athletes coming home at 1 am. I don't understand why you are whining about Athens. Athens gives you a massive amount of points. In 2009, you had 16.7 points. 6 of those points came from Athens. That's 36% of your points in one game

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What does Athens have to do with this topic?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
bucks_09 wrote:Did anybody else see the mistakes that whoever wrote the article in the paper made? Shadyside has made the d7 playoffs 10 years in a row. Shadyside played in 2 different d7 state title games. Last season was only the second season where there was 7 divisions. They were d6 before that. Idiot. And Athens fans have no rights knocking Logan's decision to play shadyside. 9/10 years ss would wipe the field with Athens. Athens ran from Logan. Not to long ago they were playing little wahama West Virginia. One last thing, Nelsonville-York 1 state title. Athens 0 state titles.
Athens ran from no one. Athens left the league right after the vote to expand. Before we ever played Zanesville or chillicothe. We are an academic school and couldn't have our student athletes coming home at 1 am. I don't understand why you are whining about Athens. Athens gives you a massive amount of points. In 2009, you had 16.7 points. 6 of those points came from Athens. That's 36% of your points in one game

Ummm...... Pretty sure all the high schools are "academic" schools....... What a moron!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Orange and Brown wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:

Ummm...... Pretty sure all the high schools are "academic" schools....... What a moron!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Only way to fill out the schedule!

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Look for Shadyside to have a fine-tuned offense by the time Logan rolls into Tigertown. The defense will always be one of Shadyside's strongpoints under head coach Mark Holenka. Both teams needed a game that week and this was the best option. It's a one-and-done for this series. Shadyside prevails in the end.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

surfsider wrote:Look for Shadyside to have a fine-tuned offense by the time Logan rolls into Tigertown. The defense will always be one of Shadyside's strongpoints under head coach Mark Holenka. Both teams needed a game that week and this was the best option. It's a one-and-done for this series. Shadyside prevails in the end.
Man my Chiefs are taking heat for this game but I like It Shadyside plays like a D-II or D-III school. If both teams are healthy it will be a very good game with the Chiefs coming out on top 24-18

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

If the Chiefs are anywhere near being back to their old ways this year, I would say the Chiefs win big. Shady will be in trouble. Chiefs still trying to dig out of a mess. Most posters on here are forgetting about that, but Burke is working hard to bring them back and is doing a fine job already in only 2 years at the helm. I'll take the Chiefs over FloodShady by 21.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Trenchfoot wrote:If the Chiefs are anywhere near being back to their old ways this year, I would say the Chiefs win big. Shady will be in trouble. Chiefs still trying to dig out of a mess. Most posters on here are forgetting about that, but Burke is working hard to bring them back and is doing a fine job already in only 2 years at the helm. I'll take the Chiefs over FloodShady by 21.
Man, I agree the program was a complete mess and old Billy needs time! You can not unscrew up a screwed up mess in 2 years! needs at least 3-5 years!

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Paladin wrote:Its humorous to read the chickensh!ts who are jealous of the Chiefs . As 2old used to say, they suffer from Chieftain envy. Logan stayed with the SEOAL for decades, often as a smaller school and yet also as a larger school as others shrank in size. But one fact remains, no matter how big or small Logan was in the SEOAL, they still managed to win more SEOAL titles than anyone in the history of the league. In putting their schedules together, they had OCC D-I schools, state ranked smaller powerhouses and still opt to schedule Catholic schools like Columbus DeSales. Logan plays anyone.

The reality for most of SEO is quite the opposite. Running from competition, no matter the size, has been going on for decades for much of SEO. The rest of the state recognizes that. Yet If you are bigger, smaller and tough or Catholic, Logan will play you. Its good for the world to see the rest of the real SEO................................................ shameful as it is :roll:

You know you dont have to bag on SEO teams just because you couldnt beat a central ohio team with the best athlete that has ever come from SEO. Truth is when you had Katie you got outcoached. So to justify that you have to put down the athletes from SEO so it can always be your excuse for getting so close but couldnt close the deal.

Return to “Football”