WAVERLY FOOTBALL

hbk2016
Varsity

Re: WAVERLY FOOTBALL

Post by hbk2016 »

UKFanatic you don't know any details about any of it. You might want to talk to those in charge before you spout off.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

From a Wildcat fan!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Hbk since I don't know anything about it, I will let you explain to all of the track KIDS who were crying after being told they could no longer practice why they are less important. Steve, isn't it ironic that your attitude of my opinion is not valid because I am a wildcat fan is the exact attitude that led to this decision. The details of this story are actually worse than I alluded to . However I am not going to air them here and will not continue to fight about it on here. I have stated my opinion. Nothing is going to change the decision. It is all about the money. I get that. It just never makes it right.

REMO.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am not sure why they would kick things off this early. I remember a couple years ago when Ironton had their turf installed, they didn't start until after graduation because they wanted to have one last ceremony on the natural grass surface. Of course, starting a month early gives them some breathing room, but Ironton was done in plenty of time for the football season even when they started around June 1

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

VERY TRUE 4TH. AND I MUST Have misunderstood. I thought waverly already had their turf down. I live over here on lake white now. but I have not been by Waverly's stadium other than passing it. I'd be interested in seeing how much different it looks.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Just saying that a rational adult would schedule a meeting with those in charge to go in and discuss the situation and get the facts, rather than a rant on social media which accomplishes nothing.

From what I understand they have made arrangements for the kids to practice on a new track at Piketon instead of the worn out 25 year old one we had.

I would guess most turf companies don't sit around all summer waiting for schools to call. Seems like they would have alot of stuff scheduled and you take what you can get.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

My kids, who run track have been told they are practicing in the parking lot at the school complex. If they have made arrangements with Piketon that is fine, but they have not told the kids that. Junior High practiced in the junior high gym last night. The high school had a meet last night and a meet tonight. We will see.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

hbk123 wrote:Just saying that a rational adult would schedule a meeting with those in charge to go in and discuss the situation and get the facts, rather than a rant on social media which accomplishes nothing.

From what I understand they have made arrangements for the kids to practice on a new track at Piketon instead of the worn out 25 year old one we had.

I would guess most turf companies don't sit around all summer waiting for schools to call. Seems like they would have alot of stuff scheduled and you take what you can get.
Practicing at Piketon or even Eastern or Western would make sense. I know Clay doesn't have a track and they will usually go out to Northwest and practice after Northwest's track practice unless the weather is absolutely terrible.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ukfanatic,
My comment was in fun. Didn't mean to offend you.

I don't pretend to be on the inside so I don't know everything there is to know about the decision making. Starting the project the end of April has been discussed for sometime so it shouldn't have been a surprise. I met with a person in the Admin office at Piketon today (for other business) and was informed Waverly track athletes are practicing at Piketon.
The way it sounded to me with the comment was Waverly had foregone the track season and those kids were out - unimportant. Provisions have been made to practice (while not ideal) and meets continue.
The football and soccer teams have been dealing with (not ideal) situations for years. I have heard of schools having to play all their games on the road in different sports for different reasons over the years and practicing at other facilities. None of it is ideal but it happens.
Waverly had the opportunity to GREATLY IMPROVE the stadium facilities (very much much much much needed) and they proceeded to get it done.
It is also my understanding the track will be resurfaced, which is very much needed. I really don't know how they were holding meets on that track anyway.

When it's all said and done Waverly will have a top notch sports complex for ALL sports - not just basketball, football, soccer, but ALL sports.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

As an outside guy looking in, this is getting blown way out of proportion.

As stated, Waverly's kids are practicing on Piketon's track. Their track is nicer than what Waverly would have presented, anyway.

Waverly had an opportunity to greatly improve their field and complex by installing turf. If they have to start in the Spring, so be it, as long as they formulated a plan for the track athletes to practice (as they have). Waverly's field has been a disaster for years and even if track may "suffer a little" during installation THIS season only, that's better than Track, Soccer, and Football suffering for several seasons going forward.

Congrats on Waverly on installing turf, I am highly looking forward to seeing it!

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Is the new bleachers on the home side going to effect the size of the turf around the football field or track around it? It went from 8 lanes to 6 lanes, right?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It never was 8 lanes and has been in pathetic condition the last couple years. Kudos to getting this done when they had the opportunity.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AS SOME STATED EARLIER IRONTON RECENTLY INSTALLED TUEF. EVERYBODY THOUGHT IT WAS GETTINGF STARTED late. but it turned out to be done in plenty of time, and looks awesome.once the project was started , it went incredibly quickly.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

EagleFan89 wrote:Waverly 2015
8/28 H Piketon
9/4 A Zane Trace
9/11 H Unioto
9/19 A Ridgedale
9/26 A Caldwell
10/2 H Valley
10/9 A Wheelersburg
10/16 A Portsmouth West
10/23 H Minford
10/30 H Portsmouth
Back to the original topic of Waverly's 2015 prospects. Given this schedule would it be fair to say better team, but similar record to 2014?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

where in tarnation is ridgedale.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ridgedale is in no mans land up above Columbus. Dropping Jackson was an obvious must but its still a pretty good schedule.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly with at least 6 games on turf with 5 home and at Burg. Anyone know what Caldwell and Ridgedale have?

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

smurray wrote:Waverly with at least 6 games on turf with 5 home and at Burg. Anyone know what Caldwell and Ridgedale have?
Ridgedale is not going to be a very competitive game for Waverly, I don't think.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not familiar with either.
what division schools are these.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Caldwell is DVII. They went 11-1 last year, beat Harvest Prep 50-21 in the first round and lost on the last play to Trimble in round 2 of the playoffs 14-10, a game they controlled for the majority of the time. They lost 5 seniors, 2 who started, they are loaded this year. This game is at Caldwell, the game is played at the Noble County fairgrounds, a unique environment but not a nice stadium or field.

Return to “Football”