Thoughts on the PVC this year?

RvFan02
Waterboy

Re: Thoughts on the PVC this year?

Post by RvFan02 »

Since Caldwell was a "fluke" last year per one poster...have to give them the nod for 2015. If you can go 10-0 in regular season and make it to week 12 of playoffs on a fluke then lookout PVC!!!
On a serious note, Caldwell does have to be the team to beat in the league. Monroe Central is always a battle, Jay always finds a way to reload. Fort Frye will be good as well. if Caldwell stays injury free and plays their game, I do not see anyone in the leage beating them. Couple early season games may be interesting (Liberty Union week 1 and Shadyside week 3 I believe).

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

CHS_skins wrote:Since Caldwell was a "fluke" last year per one poster...have to give them the nod for 2015. If you can go 10-0 in regular season and make it to week 12 of playoffs on a fluke then lookout PVC!!!
On a serious note, Caldwell does have to be the team to beat in the league. Monroe Central is always a battle, Jay always finds a way to reload. Fort Frye will be good as well. if Caldwell stays injury free and plays their game, I do not see anyone in the leage beating them. Couple early season games may be interesting (Liberty Union week 1 and Shadyside week 3 I believe).
couldnt have said it any better week 5 vs Waverly will put a little test in them

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

Wiskerbizket wrote:
CHS_skins wrote:Since Caldwell was a "fluke" last year per one poster...have to give them the nod for 2015. If you can go 10-0 in regular season and make it to week 12 of playoffs on a fluke then lookout PVC!!!
couldnt have said it any better week 5 vs Waverly will put a little test in them

I forgot about Waverly. Not familiar with them but hopefully they can give us a test. Need a tough schedule to prepare for hopeful playoff run. Fort Frye always seems to give us a good game no matter what either team has, same with Frontier. For some reason they just seem to match up with us every year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Talked to some kids Fort Frye Line Tackle Sr Anthony Winters, Jrs- Hupp, Knotts, Matheny , and Trey Mincks.. QB Fr Engle RBs - Jr Kacey Lewis , Jr. Baker. FB- SR. Layton WRs Jr Lockery, Bradford, Brady Carpenter, Srs Waterman and Rice. All started games last year but Engle , Matheny and Layton didn't play

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

caldwellbasketball wrote:
olddog wrote::) Maybe the PVC should offer Beallsville again. They will have a very difficult time finding games in every sport at this time of the year, good luck Beallsville go blue.
B

Beallsville's situation would not allow them to be an option. Invitations were sent to Barnesville, Morgan, Belpre, St. John, Shadyside, and a handful of others. The current league is in tact for this year and next, after which Trail will leave for the IVC. Football season will be starting soon and should be fun.

Caldwell Football Schedule 2015:
Scrimmage @ Williamstown w/Belpre
Jamboree Game Home v. Utica
@ Liberty Union
@ Buckeye Trail
@ Shadyside
Monroe Central
Waverly
Rosecrans
Frontier
@Fort Frye
@ West Muskingum
Shenandoah
According to the commissioner in the league that Buckeye Trail will be going to, the league with all new teams will be in place by 2016-17 school year (after this year). Read the article online early this summer.

When I heard that BT was leaving, I thought it might bring River back into the league.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trail went into a league where Hiland , Malvern , and Garaway will own them. I think they should of stayed in PVC for competitive reasons

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Monroe Central has some good ones back in
QB Jarett Hooper, cener Ryan Reich, tackle Justin Kilburn, rb Chad Alleman.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I think MC will have the best lineman( kilburn) and best QB(Hooper) by far in the league.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

3 very good teams playing for 1st place in Caldwell, FF and MC.

In my mind, I give the edge to Caldwell but by the slimmest of margins.

Good luck and good health to all the teams.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

PVC MAN wrote:I think MC will have the best lineman( kilburn) and best QB(Hooper) by far in the league.
Cmon your amusing here..Its ok to be a fan and bias but speak a little bit of sense... Do you look at stats or anything that could even come close to these predictions...
keep em coming ...Work is stressful and i need a laugh.I take nothing from MC but i think your a little bit to much on any of your posts

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

PVC MAN, I'd be interested in hearing your prediction on a match-up between MC and someone like MSML, or maybe Coldwater, whoever you'd like to choose. :lol:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye plays Morgan at home on Tuesday like to see what they do vs a bigger more physical school. Looks like Tate Engle will start it will be good to get his feet wet.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

It appears some of the kids has names on here and like to toot their own horns, here is the low down on MC. I'm to old to play football now, I just show up and watch on Friday when's I'm able to be out of the coal hole!

-OL/DL is going to be very big & very solid. Possibly one of the biggest lines Jay has had at Monroe Central. Much of them are experienced but the only one I would call a "standout" is Kilburn. You don't have to be a MC fan to recognize it, the kid is just a sheer bull, closest thing MC has had to being unblockable since Aaron Seese was playing DE. Good experienced line of both sides of the ball, more than able to play smash mouth football and overpower a lot of teams. A lot will depend on if this OL/DL can stay healthy, if they do then MC will have a good year.

-Depth is slim again this year, must avoid injuries. However many losses MC has at the halfway point will most likely be how many they finish with asides the Magnolia game which is week 6. Union Local always gets up for the opportunity to play Monroe so I envision UL will again play tough. Shadyside & Caldwel will also provide games for MC in which they must show up ready to play ball.

-The backfield will depend a lot on if MC is able to find some kids to fill the receiver spots. While this line is big enough to run, run, run - you have to pass the ball to keep a defense honest. Alleman is going to have a heck of a year at RB in my opinion. It's not very often you find a kid that is 220-230 pounds that can beat 95% of the players on the field in a foot race. Hooper's passing wasn't anything impressive at the beginning of the year last year, came on toward the end but has to improve upon how he finished last season. Good speed, not great. Good enough to score with his feet though to give a good run, keep - option look with Alleman.

Regular season prediction: 8-2

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier will lean on Damon Matheny at QB and Camino at WR

MercerVegaschick
Waterboy

Post by MercerVegaschick »

Cougars with a brand new coaching staff. Former player Jake Brunoni running the defense. Will be interesting to see how they do.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

Monroe Central scrimmaged Morgan today. I believe Monroe put up 4 scores, held Morgan scoreless. Very impressed with the DL play, Kilburn spent the whole day in the backfield. Kid may be the best to come out of Monroe Central as far as a dominant defensive lineman goes.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

If MC plays like they did today the PVC title will be back where it belongs. (In Woodsfield).

studRB
Waterboy

Post by studRB »

Saw Union Local scrimmage Buckeye Trail yesterday. Trail varsity beat them 2-0. Not sure UL had more than 2 first downs all day.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

A guy that works at the prison told me Trail broke off a long run and then had a nice drive. He said that both teams played even other than that. Trail was not traditional trail as they threw the ball a ton, their quarterback was good. Union Local was more physical up front but Trail was more athletic.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

Earlier in the week Shenandoah played Bellaire better than many thought. Shenandoah was more physical but Bellaire broke a couple nice runs. Shenandoah people think this will be their best team in 10 years. Van Fossen was absolutely running people over from what I gathered.

Return to “Football”