Lucasville Valley 2015

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Re: Lucasville Valley 2015

Post by buckeyes41 »

I totally understand the reasons why you want to play a full schedule. But there is teams that you can find to play no matter what week it is. I see where South Point picked up a school out of Indiana to come and play them in week 2. Ironton got their open date filled as well. So there is teams out there if you look hard enough. When I said everyone should play 9 games, I just said that because people was saying how it wouldnt hurt them for the playoffs. I agree you should play all 10 games. No doubt.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

buckeyes41 wrote:I totally understand the reasons why you want to play a full schedule. But there is teams that you can find to play no matter what week it is. I see where South Point picked up a school out of Indiana to come and play them in week 2. Ironton got their open date filled as well. So there is teams out there if you look hard enough. When I said everyone should play 9 games, I just said that because people was saying how it wouldnt hurt them for the playoffs. I agree you should play all 10 games. No doubt.

I highlighted the important part. Also that is week 2. Not a lot of schools have open dates late in the season, as noted by our resident athletic director.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I went to Valley for their pass scrimmage and I'm not too familiar with the names but....Valley had a great looking QB with little bit long hair and a great looking receiver that had long hair and a beard. Those two guys looked and played with a lot of confidence and they looked like 4th year college boys! I was very impressed with those two fellows. I'm just going to make an early prediction and say, if Valley don't have an O-line then that's ok because that QB will be passing over the D-fences' heads and hitting his target in that talented receiver that I watched. also it's a really good thing Da Pirates have an awesome D-line and really good D-backs that can get to the indians QB and if he's lucky enough to get rid of the ball, the D-backs will for sure cause a turnover for the Valley Indians. guess we will see??? other than the Burg, its going to be a really tough time for all the other schools to keep Valley from running up the score! JMO

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Sorry if my information about romanello moving to wr was wrong it's what one of the players told me when he came over to swim with our kid

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

izladoom wrote:Sorry if my information about romanello moving to wr was wrong it's what one of the players told me when he came over to swim with our kid
Regardless of whether he is lined up as a WR or TE, I believe most will agree he is the primary receiving threat and will likely cover him with a DB or their most athletic LB, so it won't be a mismatch.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

yea....its what you would have to do in that situation

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Don't know why everyone is assuming the Valley won'thave an O-line. They have the whole line from last returning, plus the ones that missed a lot of time last year will be healthy.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley's o-line was the most dominant at the end of last year of everyone I saw except for Burgs [including Kirtland] and they return every starter plus another who played early but was then hurt. There is also Coach Crabtree's son who is a freshman but could play

O-line will be one of their biggest strengths

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Here I thought those lil linemen are soft, undedicated and lacked offseason discipline....some folks are going to be a little bit surprised! 8)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know the date of the scrimmages?

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

izladoom wrote:Anyone know the date of the scrimmages?
Friday August 14th Symmes Valley home Friday August 21st Notre Dame Jamboree Game at Old Historic Portsmouth Stadium but I have not heard start times, so if someone knows those they can fill them in

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Glad to see that they are utilizing the ole girl, lots of great memories from Spartan Municipal

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hopefully time warner has your games on replay like they did a few years back.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

chicken_coop wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:It would be silly to think Valley will not beat East, especially returning 95% of a Regional Championship team. The Indians will have a chance to win every game they play in, and yes even against Madd Doggs Pirates. I'm not saying they will go 9-0, but they will have a chance to win every game.
I believe some people said the same thing last yr and correct me if I'm wrong didn't burg beat valley
Just because they didn't win the game last year has no bearing on what they can do this year, and as far as that goes...Valley put the Regional Championship trophy in the spot the SOC trophy was supposed to go in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having won 3 of the last 4 SOC II titles, and a BIG core of players returning, they will have a chance to win every game, just like I stated. Will they? We wont know until the season plays out.

To say they "don't have a chance" against Burg would be foolish, but then again....I'm talking with Mad_Dogg :roll:
the playoff run for valley will only last until they meet up with marion local

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

So you are predicting Valley to go the State title game? Thanks Madd Dog. I think Marion Local could beat most teams in the state regardless of division.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

nutronron2012 wrote:So you are predicting Valley to go the State title game? Thanks Madd Dog. I think Marion Local could beat most teams in the state regardless of division.
What makes u think it would be the finals

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

What difference does it make and isn't it too dam* early for anyone on this chat board to talk playoffs...geesh! How about enjoying the upcoming season first! HS football ends fast enough without hurrying it along... :122245 The battle over the biggest JOHNSON can wait a while, don't you think!?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:What difference does it make and isn't it too dam* early for anyone on this chat board to talk playoffs...geesh! How about enjoying the upcoming season first! HS football ends fast enough without hurrying it along... :122245 The battle over the biggest JOHNSON can wait a while, don't you think!?
:aaaaa19 AMEN!!!!

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

No matter what.. despite the 9 game schedule, The Raceland KY Matchup is HUGE for the Indians. Raceland in the last 8-10 years has had an avg around 7-8 wins a regular season. Huge 2nd level points for the Indians if they knock off the Rams. I see another stellar season for the boys from Lucasville!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:What difference does it make and isn't it too dam* early for anyone on this chat board to talk playoffs...geesh! How about enjoying the upcoming season first! HS football ends fast enough without hurrying it along... :122245 The battle over the biggest JOHNSON can wait a while, don't you think!?
It has nothing to do with that, this keyboard Warrior didn't play a down of football, and always comes into the Valley threads running his chops. I've met the clown in person, and I take everything with a grain of salt...lol. But heres some of puppies recent doozys..

"Valley will never compete in the SOC II"
- Valley moved up and competed.
"Valley will never beat Burg"
- Valley beat Burg
"Valley will never win the SOC II"
- Valley won the SOC II
"Valley will never win a regional title"
-Valley won a regional title"

Now it's Valleys playoff run will end when they play whoever...and that could be true, but like I said, this guys is ALWAYS in these threads studdering around...take it back to Burg DOGGGGGGGGGGG

Return to “Football”