Minford 2015

Badboy
Varsity

Minford 2015

Post by Badboy »

I guess it's not too early to talk some football. Last year the Falcons were fielding a young team with plenty of sophomores and juniors and finished 6-4.

2015 schedule:
Fairland
@ South Point
@ Oak Hill
@ Paint Valley
Northwest
Bishop Ready
@ Portsmouth West
Gallia Academy
Wheelersburg
@ Waverly
Valley

Bishop Ready and Gallia Academy definitely beef up this year's schedule. I dont know how many years Minford has remaining with the Northwest contract but that is a spot I hope they fill with another school when the time comes. South Point is another game I hope to see replaced, as SP finished 2-8 last year and has not fielded a competitive team in years. Bishop Ready had a down year last year but I look for them to reload.

I see this year's team anywhere from 7-3 to 8-2. I think a lot of that will depend on line and QB play. Moving down to D5 will definitely help them, but there will be lots of local competition within the SOC II for those playoff spots.

Thoughts?

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Minford 2015

Post by Westfan »

I would think 6-4. Maybe 7-3 depending on Ready.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Westfan wrote:I would think 6-4. Maybe 7-3 depending on Ready.
I think Fairland, SP, Oak Hill, PV, NW, PW, GA and Waverly are wins if they play well and limit turnovers. 8-2 is my prediction.

Ready, Burg and Valley are winnable. Injuries and other factors could play a big part of those games later in the year.

West and Gallia Academy could go either way, but I like Minford's chances in those matchups ;-)

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Fairland is a jamboree game, so it will not count.

This team will be good. Still a little young with a soph QB setting in as a starter; however, there is some very good talent on this team. I think they can go anywhere from 6-4 to 10-0. It's just all going to depend on the work ethic and Sr. leadership.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

nice aggressive schedule.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Any news on the running back that was hurt during the Northwest game last year? Is he back to 100%?

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I don't think having Northwest on the schedule is such a bad thing now that the Mohawks are in the SOC I, Brooks has done a pretty good job over there getting them going on a foundation. If NW is going to be consistently 5-5 to 7-3 in the SOC1 now which is very likely/possible with the schedule, that is a decent amount of points for Minford.

Now to football, being out of the area, I am not as close in my football knowledge base of the Falcons so, is the Freshman QB, now a sophomore going to be the guy? Who will be the backs for the falcons? Who are the playmakers on both sides of the ball? Good luck to Coach Daniels and the Falcons!

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

what does minford return this year?

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

buckeyes41 wrote:what does minford return this year?

Minford has quite a bit returning from last year's team that finished 6-4. We should have at least 2 quality seniors leading this year's team, among the 7 or 8 total. Eli Daniels (2014 1st team SOC) and Aaron Alley (hopefully coming back 100% from injury) are the ones that come to mind. We also had a ton of sophomores playing last season, and a freshmen (Noah Gray) that finished the last 3 games starting @ QB.

Even with the tougher schedule, this year's team can still get to at least 7 or 8 wins this season, although I am predicting that 3 or 4 of these games will come down to the very last possession. Thank god we are back down to where we belong in Division 5, as far as the playoffs are concerned. GOOD LUCK TO THE FALCONS THIS SEASON!!!!

I have some questions for anyone on here willing to answer (preferably other Falcon fans):
1.) What is this summer's schedule for 7-on-7 and scrimmages?
2.) Are we still based out of wing-t, or are we going in a different direction (spread)??

Thanks in advance.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Aaron Alley is not playing this year unfortunately.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

MClaw wrote:Aaron Alley is not playing this year unfortunately.
That hurts. Maybe he will change his mind.....he cant go back and get his senior season of football back after this year. As long as he is healthy and able, I hope he reconsiders.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

What type of injury did he get last year?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

buckeyes41 wrote:What type of injury did he get last year?
I believe it was a broken ankle.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

veer

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

big-train wrote:veer
big-train, I am actually being serious. Do you really wanna go that route again (being a smart-@$$)??

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I believe Dylan Shepherd will replace Alley at FB/LB. He will be a Jr and has a strong work ethic and an even better attitude. Don't worry about Minford at this position. As far as Alley, that was a very serious injury he had, so don't be too hard on him b/c you never know what the docs have told him.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

AFF
Why wouldn't somebody b a smartxxx because whatever they run you will be first in line to be critical
sorry about the honesty it is what it is :roll:

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

big-train wrote:veer
I heard they requested Gary Bailey to come back on the staff and implement the full house backfield. Dive, belly, option. Pop pass.

Several Minford Hillhound pee wee football coaches from the 80's and 90's hay days are coming aboard the staff on defense. Going to be in a 5-2 monster all year, against every opposing offense. Word on the street is both ends playing up, pin the ears back and go! Very complex defenses.......going to take the former Pee wee superbowl coaching staff of Minford football lore to implement this complex defense.

Sssshhhhh! Dont tell anyone. Its supposed to be a secret.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

big-train wrote:AFF
Why wouldn't somebody b a smartxxx because whatever they run you will be first in line to be critical
sorry about the honesty it is what it is :roll:
LOL! You're exactly right big-train, I WILL tell it EXACTLY as it is!!! Just what i believe is the utmost truth with ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

I realize that Minford has some good talent coming up, but what good is it if not all of it is utilized???

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

From an earlier post, I forgot to add the name Cain Madden. He is a beast and hopefully he will have a great Senior year.

Does anyone on here know minford's 7-on-7 schedule???

Return to “Football”