WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I guess we'll know eventually.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cannon is an official and it's possible somebody told him something he could take to the bank.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:cannon is an official and it's possible somebody told him something he could take to the bank.
he has also said that after 2 burg blowout wins last year and 3 in a row over ironton that ironton was 5 tds better talent wise than burg. he has said burg has nothing coming back at all. burg dropped coalgrove because they were afraid of the competition. Do you agree with any of that?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I understand he's out there. he won't deny that.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

This will be a tough game for both teams and being a season opener makes it even tougher.
Burg has that speed and Ironton will need to control the ball and keep that offense off the field.
Turnovers will be key for both teams but Ironton should be at the point where they found a identity under coach Vass.
Good luck to both teams and may both come out healthy

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

How many returning starters does Ironton have?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd like to know that as well west.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Well, geesh folks, it seems as thought the battle of the Johnson's has started earlier than normal...My back is bigger than yours and my line can kick yours into the twilight...Oh yes, two irrelevant high school teams doing battle week one and the zipper has been unleashed and the comparison begins anew...Ironton is thumping chest even though for the past decade they have been a bunch of jelly belly softies...No one fears them and some of their ardent supporters seem to relish in yesteryear as though it'll bring them some sort of dwindling to nonexistent respect....the schedule has been watered down so the looney fans can tout the great return of the Tigers but in reality the schedule isn't worth the price of a one ply toilet tissue. For the idiots...it's as soft a schedule you can have in Southern Ohio....The burg is as good fundamentally as any team in the south..they'll be a force as they've always been and unlike Ironton's recent history, they'll be conditioned to play 4 quarters....The burg will win because they are the tougher, mentally and physically, team.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

found the 2014 roster, with starters listed and back ups. The way I read it is Ironton's offense will return 6 starters.....lft te, lft tackle, lft guard, center and 2 rb. On the def side of the ball, they only return 4. left DE, NG, linebacker and safety.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:cannon is an official and it's possible somebody told him something he could take to the bank.

He also said a few years ago that be can benchpress 300 lbs and run the mile in under 10 minutes.

It all lines up as................hog wash.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Well, geesh folks, it seems as thought the battle of the Johnson's has started earlier than normal...My back is bigger than yours and my line can kick yours into the twilight...Oh yes, two irrelevant high school teams doing battle week one and the zipper has been unleashed and the comparison begins anew...Ironton is thumping chest even though for the past decade they have been a bunch of jelly belly softies...No one fears them and some of their ardent supporters seem to relish in yesteryear as though it'll bring them some sort of dwindling to nonexistent respect....the schedule has been watered down so the looney fans can tout the great return of the Tigers but in reality the schedule isn't worth the price of a one ply toilet tissue. For the idiots...it's as soft a schedule you can have in Southern Ohio....The burg is as good fundamentally as any team in the south..they'll be a force as they've always been and unlike Ironton's recent history, they'll be conditioned to play 4 quarters....The burg will win because they are the tougher, mentally and physically, team.

dang fido tell us what's really on your mind. and most of what you said is true to some extent. bringing out the weak schedule part though is worthy of a 15 yarder and loss of down. nobody south of Columbus has scheduled like the fighting tigers the last 40 years.you are right about the conditioning or lack there of.that must improve. you have the entire off season to prepare for that grind.calling these 2 teams wheelersburg and ironton irrevelant is insane. nobody in these parts have been to more playoffs. and both have state championships.for deades ironton was the kings of execution and didn't shoot themselves in the foot. same with the burg. the past few fighting tiger teams have killed themselves with personal fouls and lack of discipline, and it shows.as far as the schedule, they were basically forced to league up. this league overall will be just as strong as the soc.and great point about the burg being fundamentally sound and that has showed as well when we have faced them.i'm not chest pumping about anything. I see plenty that needs corrected, and I hope that's the direction I hope coach vass is taking. some of the stuff that has been allowed even in coach Lutz's last yeas, and continuing under coach vass now would have never flown. there is a discipline problem , and lack ofdiscipline. hopefully getting tough in the heat, getting in game shape is the goal now. both are opening with what could be make or break games as far as playoffs. I applaud them, it's a great rivalry. but burg has had the better team the last few years. time to knuckle down in fighting tiger country, and get this series switched back to some big fighting tiger wins. both are perennial playoff teams, and always have tough schedules. nothing can be done about the new league. it is what it is. we'll see if it has teams battled tested for the playoffs. but these are not 2 irrelevant teams, and this is a huge game for each to start the season. and finally it has become a bitter rivalry again. you'll see both squads playing week 11. count on it. and it's as big as games get in these parts. and Ashland, Russell and beechwood are all quality opponents as far as out of conference. but hard to call ironton's schedules of the past as anything shy of awesome as it was filled with Columbus powerhouses and private schools. nobody I mean nobody has done that like the fighting tigers through the past 4 decades.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and I think what tiger fans are saying is hopefully we have the horses now to see if we can do just that. start beating up on people again.i think our coaching staff is on the hot seat somewhat, and must prove they can get er done now, if in fact the kids are there that can get it done.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Badboy wrote:

He also said a few years ago that be can benchpress 300 lbs and run the mile in under 10 minutes.

that ain't no hair off'n ole baits rearend. I was just making the point he may have overheard something official , it'll all come out in the wash.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and finally after a long snowy winter and a monsoon spring and summer we are back to jawin about our teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SO BRING IT ON, I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Badboy wrote:

How many years ago does that go back? Cause 300lbs is my warm up now. The mile thing is wrong now though I'm more like 13-15 mins depending on how my legs feel that day. So it's all good I'm glad you are keeping track for me.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Well, geesh folks, it seems as thought the battle of the Johnson's has started earlier than normal...My back is bigger than yours and my line can kick yours into the twilight...Oh yes, two irrelevant high school teams doing battle week one and the zipper has been unleashed and the comparison begins anew...Ironton is thumping chest even though for the past decade they have been a bunch of jelly belly softies...No one fears them and some of their ardent supporters seem to relish in yesteryear as though it'll bring them some sort of dwindling to nonexistent respect....the schedule has been watered down so the looney fans can tout the great return of the Tigers but in reality the schedule isn't worth the price of a one ply toilet tissue. For the idiots...it's as soft a schedule you can have in Southern Ohio....The burg is as good fundamentally as any team in the south..they'll be a force as they've always been and unlike Ironton's recent history, they'll be conditioned to play 4 quarters....The burg will win because they are the tougher, mentally and physically, team.

dang fido tell us what's really on your mind. and most of what you said is true to some extent. bringing out the weak schedule part though is worthy of a 15 yarder and loss of down. nobody south of Columbus has scheduled like the fighting tigers the last 40 years.you are right about the conditioning or lack there of.that must improve. you have the entire off season to prepare for that grind.calling these 2 teams wheelersburg and ironton irrevelant is insane. nobody in these parts have been to more playoffs. and both have state championships.for deades ironton was the kings of execution and didn't shoot themselves in the foot. same with the burg. the past few fighting tiger teams have killed themselves with personal fouls and lack of discipline, and it shows.as far as the schedule, they were basically forced to league up. this league overall will be just as strong as the soc.and great point about the burg being fundamentally sound and that has showed as well when we have faced them.i'm not chest pumping about anything. I see plenty that needs corrected, and I hope that's the direction I hope coach vass is taking. some of the stuff that has been allowed even in coach Lutz's last yeas, and continuing under coach vass now would have never flown. there is a discipline problem , and lack ofdiscipline. hopefully getting tough in the heat, getting in game shape is the goal now. both are opening with what could be make or break games as far as playoffs. I applaud them, it's a great rivalry. but burg has had the better team the last few years. time to knuckle down in fighting tiger country, and get this series switched back to some big fighting tiger wins. both are perennial playoff teams, and always have tough schedules. nothing can be done about the new league. it is what it is. we'll see if it has teams battled tested for the playoffs. but these are not 2 irrelevant teams, and this is a huge game for each to start the season. and finally it has become a bitter rivalry again. you'll see both squads playing week 11. count on it. and it's as big as games get in these parts. and Ashland, Russell and beechwood are all quality opponents as far as out of conference. but hard to call ironton's schedules of the past as anything shy of awesome as it was filled with Columbus powerhouses and private schools. nobody I mean nobody has done that like the fighting tigers through the past 4 decades.

AS I WAS SAYING..............

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OKAY --- GUILTY AS CHARGED THEN,IT'S COOL THAT WE HAVE SO MUCH RICH HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL HISTORY TO TALK ABOUT THEN. I PREDICT MORE OF THE SAME.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

That's the thing YTB, we are weeks away from the teams every starting fitness. All we know about them is what we hear or see from the weightlifting or what we remember from last season. We don't have a lot to talk about till we actually see our teams in practice and scrimmages so neither set of fans know what either teams have so why not talk a little about the past since both teams have that rich history and why not talk about what we would like to see the teams do and get back to. That's what this forums about during the offseason our fantasies of what we want our teams to be. Everybody that is on here has an idea that their team will go 10-0 and make playoffs and a deep playoff run till they actually see their team in pads and playing. I mean it's all in fun. Some people take it way to seriously on here.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Some would rather wallow in the past than focus on the future....It's the same dribble year after year scattered all over this forum....Bring something new to the table...You can tell how the mighty have fallen just by reading what some members post...

@YTB...If I wanted to single you out I would have done so....you know what they say about (assume) ass-u-me..........

Return to “Football”