WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bait he isn't right, cause burg gonna win by 3.......... tds! Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we'll just toss it all out there grad and see what happens and may the best team win. hope for a safe,injury free, good officiated game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but shine has been hit in the head a lot as well.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Bait he isn't right, cause burg gonna win by 3.......... tds! Lol
burg will be LUCKY if they see the endzone 3 times!!!!

and im counting when they get off the bus as 1 viewing of it!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

So I'm really curious who the game changers are for the Tigers this season? Palladino was un-impressive at best last season against burg. I know your receivers can't out man our db's... and your tight ends will be smashed off the line.. so please tell me who the game changers are. Don't get me wrong I know all those players did very well outside of both burg games, but ironton had no success twice against the pirates last season...

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:So I'm really curious who the game changers are for the Tigers this season? Palladino was un-impressive at best last season against burg. I know your receivers can't out man our db's... and your tight ends will be smashed off the line.. so please tell me who the game changers are. Don't get me wrong I know all those players did very well outside of both burg games, but ironton had no success twice against the pirates last season...
I do believe you will see TD'S from palladino , young , barker , campbell, and carey in this game :122246

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

This isn't last season :12224

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Man, A lot of BS'rs on this post. All I know is both teams are two of the better programs on average each season lately. (Athens/ Jackson have reigned) Whoever is average will lose! Just like the fighting Tigers did these past couple of seasons. Neither have done much outside of the region in a while, so that's average. Hoping to listen to a great season. Have a feeling tigers get in shape & clog the cannon.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Have been to a couple of the Ironton practices and the thing that stands out most to me is the shape that the team is in at the present time. I guess what I mean is, the looks of the linemen and the team physically. Those kids have been doing something over the winter in the weight room. For example, Dez Young, I ask someone if that was him and that told me it was. All I could say was "Oh my god". The kid is 6'3" and 245 and nothing but chiseled. He looks like a college kid out there. And to top it off the line is big and the slop has disappeared. A remarkable change from the past. Now if this equates into performance remains to be seen. All three backs look to be in the 200 lb range. Everyone talks about Young and Palladino but you put 40 lbs on Barker the way that kid ran at 160 lbs last year, holy smokes, this could be interesting.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

"Oh my god, chiseled, pure muscle". Are we talking football or a magic mike movie? Some of the comments are very revealing on here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RiverRatRay wrote:Have been to a couple of the Ironton practices and the thing that stands out most to me is the shape that the team is in at the present time. I guess what I mean is, the looks of the linemen and the team physically. Those kids have been doing something over the winter in the weight room. For example, Dez Young, I ask someone if that was him and that told me it was. All I could say was "Oh my god". The kid is 6'3" and 245 and nothing but chiseled. He looks like a college kid out there. And to top it off the line is big and the slop has disappeared. A remarkable change from the past. Now if this equates into performance remains to be seen. All three backs look to be in the 200 lb range. Everyone talks about Young and Palladino but you put 40 lbs on Barker the way that kid ran at 160 lbs last year, holy smokes, this could be interesting.
great summary my friend.ole bait is excited.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Man, A lot of BS'rs on this post. All I know is both teams are two of the better programs on average each season lately. (Athens/ Jackson have reigned) Whoever is average will lose! Just like the fighting Tigers did these past couple of seasons. Neither have done much outside of the region in a while, so that's average. Hoping to listen to a great season. Have a feeling tigers get in shape & clog the cannon.
What? Jackson had A good year last year. They didn't make it far in the playoffs but yet they reigned? What? Is average going to the regional championship 2years in a row? I am confused.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

RiverRatRay wrote:Have been to a couple of the Ironton practices and the thing that stands out most to me is the shape that the team is in at the present time. I guess what I mean is, the looks of the linemen and the team physically. Those kids have been doing something over the winter in the weight room. For example, Dez Young, I ask someone if that was him and that told me it was. All I could say was "Oh my god". The kid is 6'3" and 245 and nothing but chiseled. He looks like a college kid out there. And to top it off the line is big and the slop has disappeared. A remarkable change from the past. Now if this equates into performance remains to be seen. All three backs look to be in the 200 lb range. Everyone talks about Young and Palladino but you put 40 lbs on Barker the way that kid ran at 160 lbs last year, holy smokes, this could be interesting.
After attending several practices I have to agree with you Ray.............folks will see on the 28th what you mean by chiseled and for wobycat I can promise you ,it will be a lot more entertaining than a Magic Mike movie...............

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

i was just saying Jackson & Athens would have motored over burg /tigers. Regional championships don't come as easy anymore, do they? So , that's "average"!!!
Time to step into the final four more often or the kids take two playoff wins as the new normal/ "average"!!so, now they must take that a bit farther & change that "average "state of mind.
I thought the burg might have a shot at the final four last year. After they went out, I thought they rep'd SE Ohio well, but when I saw what happened to Hartley & what coldH20 did, everyone else was just "average"...
State champs with a Big L, to way above "average". Are you clear now?if not Re-visit Joe's site for a refresher....
Coldwater Cavaliers

Coldwater, OH
Mercer County
OHSAA Division 5, Region 16
Coldwater 2014 Football
8/29 A Kenton (11-3) [4:12] W 24-2
9/6 H Bishop Hartley (11-3) [5:17] W 26-14
9/12 A Minster (12-3) [6:22] W 28-17
9/19 H St Henry (6-4) [6:22] W 23-0
9/26 A Anna (5-5) [6:22] W 34-21
10/3 H Parkway (1-9) [6:22] W 41-0
10/10 A Marion Local (15-0) [7:26] L 0-20
10/17 H Versailles (7-5) [6:22] W 35-0
10/24 A St John's (4-7) [7:24] W 49-0
10/31 H New Bremen (0-10) [6:22] W 47-0
11/8 H # Chippewa (9-2) [5:16] W 50-9
11/15 N # Huron (10-2) [5:16] W 40-14
11/22 N # Liberty-Benton (12-1) [5:16] W 28-7
11/29 N # Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (13-1) [5:18] W 34-3
12/6 N # Canton Central Catholic (14-1) [5:15] W 62-21
# - Ohio playoff game
Unofficial Region 16 Standings

Official OHSAA Standings

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Tiger Lady wrote:
After attending several practices I have to agree with you Ray.............folks will see on the 28th what you mean by chiseled and for wobycat I can promise you ,it will be a lot more entertaining than a Magic Mike movie...............

Not really sure who Magic Mike is but my wife assured me all the ladies know but I am talking football and not anything else. If you don't think the weight room isn't part of football well time to think again. I don't know if this will help the performance on the field but it sure can't hurt.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

There has been a ton of bullship from both sides on this thread. I know RRR and he has no reason to BS, so I believe what he says. Now will that translate into a Tiger victory is yet to be seen. It amazes me the lack of mutual respect for both programs on here.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

You would think Wheelersburg would have a big advantage with two scrimmages (Chillicothe & Gallia Academy) and Ironton only having one against a poor team in South Point. Unless lronton picked up another.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:There has been a ton of bullship from both sides on this thread. I know RRR and he has no reason to BS, so I believe what he says. Now will that translate into a Tiger victory is yet to be seen. It amazes me the lack of mutual respect for both programs on here.
Good to see the ol timers out on this rhread gotta tell it like it is Dutch and Ray...........like u said Dutch no mutual respect for 2 of the premier programs in southern Ahia.......after I see the Burg pllay the Blue Devils I will have an opinion on the outcome of the Tigers ---Pirates...........but I look for another classic battle in the Tank.. :!: :!: :!:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I do too mr. mayor. look for this to be a goodun.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:There has been a ton of bullship from both sides on this thread. I know RRR and he has no reason to BS, so I believe what he says. Now will that translate into a Tiger victory is yet to be seen. It amazes me the lack of mutual respect for both programs on here.
Good to see the ol timers out on this rhread gotta tell it like it is Dutch and Ray...........like u said Dutch no mutual respect for 2 of the premier programs in southern Ahia.......after I see the Burg pllay the Blue Devils I will have an opinion on the outcome of the Tigers ---Pirates...........but I look for another classic battle in the Tank.. :!: :!: :!:
The voices of reason. Spoken/written like true gentlemen. If RRR says it is so, you can take it to the bank!

Return to “Football”