WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by RiverRatRay »

TTT, Bait, FIDO, Dutch, man what a ton of experience in those four. Good to see all you guys on here. Looks like old times again. I certainly don't want to take away from what the Burg will bring to this game. They are always tough as nails. I haven't seen them at all this year but I really don't need to see them. They are always ready for Ironton. I wouldn't expect this to be anything but a sloberknocker. Just putting on here what I saw at the Ironton practices and if it surprises some, join the crowd because it sure surprised me. One other thing, you won't see me pick scores. Never have never will but after the game my hand will be there to shake, win or lose.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This game will come down to the start of burg. Ironton will hold a size advantage but burg will be faster. If burg turns it over or stumbles on some drives, then ironton will lean on the pirates and wear them down. If it's a track meet like the past several games, then burg pulls out of tiger land with a victory.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

The word "Disrespect" came out of some keyboards or smarter than people phones (that's humor, btw)after my post. I just wanted to be clear. There was no disrespect from me. I had two intentions for my post.
1. change the subject back to the importance of the game.
2. Point out that from a distance (Florida), it is quite clear some passion has exited football as far as end result. Just a few years back, Both the burg & I 'Town would easily be mentioned as the best in the area, if not a state contender. Now it seems both Ironton & Burg have settled for less & gotten too comfortable with it. So, with those two points emphasized it's time to see:

Both towns, fans, & coaches push & promote these boys to not settle for what has been the outcome.... AVERAGE RESULTS!!!
Take it to the top again & rise up. Take a few minutes & look @ joe Eittel's site & The Coldwater Cavaliers schedule... What a conference...
There's no reason the SOC can't be that strong. & with The Big Changes in the OVC, the same.... In time.
The SOC already has those rivalries. The Mentality that Average Is Not enough & what happened with coldwater, Delphos St.john's, & Minster, all state champs & All 3 from the same area/conference & playing each other in regular season, made them rise up in time. Delphos & Minster have been tough since Ironton stood up in 79. I was a frosh then. I saw the rise happen @ Ironton. Watched it soooo close so many times. Watched both the burg & I'Town bring it home in 89.
I think in time, the OVC & SOC will bring this out of our boys, coaches, schools, & fan base again!
So, until then. Please quit arguing over a game with a bunch of BS'ing! The schools kids see this & they need our support. Not people 18 miles apart pulling each other apart.

Ok. Said it. It's off my chest now. Do what you can do to help'Em rise up.
What am I doing after 30 years away? Retiring early @ 20 years @ WDW. Selling my home in Orlando & moving home because it's home, not here. I'll take about a 20 k cut a year. But I'll be there within 1.5 years Watching practice. Supporting the tigers. Supporting whatever SE Ohio team is representing us in the playoffs. The team that rises & needs an extra positive voice in their corner. As long as it's GOD's will & the doors keep opening & I chose the right doors to walk through, I'll be there. See you there!
Gotigersgo!
Get the ball.
Get the ball.
Get the ball!!
Beat the Burg.
Clog the cannon!
Tank'em up!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:This game will come down to the start of burg. Ironton will hold a size advantage but burg will be faster. If burg turns it over or stumbles on some drives, then ironton will lean on the pirates and wear them down. If it's a track meet like the past several games, then burg pulls out of tiger land with a victory.
wasn't both games great games in 1st half ? 17-14 and 14-7 ( I think those was correct scores or something close to that) ironton fell apart in both 2nd half last year.
if this game goes to your track meet definition 42-35 I would say whoever has the ball last will WIN. turnovers will be key in this game cause whoever turns it over I am sure the other team will make them pay for it!!

look for burg to do the normal onside kick /short kick every time they get the chance and look for burg to do more short passes cause they know the longer pass will be covered and on 4th and anything look for burg to try any type of trick play!!

Im still hanging on to 35-14 tiger win as tigers defense will be tremendous this time around

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

21-16 for first game but not sure on the last one but pirates were hardly stopped in the first two in the second half. I don't think ironton will reach 35 if they win. They are going to rely heavily on those backs which will grind clock, unless they can take a turnover to the house.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:This game will come down to the start of burg. Ironton will hold a size advantage but burg will be faster. If burg turns it over or stumbles on some drives, then ironton will lean on the pirates and wear them down. If it's a track meet like the past several games, then burg pulls out of tiger land with a victory.
wasn't both games great games in 1st half ? 17-14 and 14-7 ( I think those was correct scores or something close to that) ironton fell apart in both 2nd half last year.
if this game goes to your track meet definition 42-35 I would say whoever has the ball last will WIN. turnovers will be key in this game cause whoever turns it over I am sure the other team will make them pay for it!!

look for burg to do the normal onside kick /short kick every time they get the chance and look for burg to do more short passes cause they know the longer pass will be covered and on 4th and anything look for burg to try any type of trick play!!

Im still hanging on to 35-14 tiger win as tigers defense will be tremendous this time around

I was just getting ready to say that, and was looking at posts from last night. we better be dang practiced up on onside kicks.thank you cg/ironton for bringing that up.most of what we read from both sides is of course hype. we love our programs, and let's face it these are the 2 premiere long term programs on the river. I'd throw Portsmouth and coal grove in there as well, as I would valley of late. but I'm talking 30 years or more of dominance from these 2 programs. honestly what makes me feel great it hearing RRR saying he see's a difference this year. because he has been watching fighting tiger practices , him and turkey since the leather helmets came to town.if these to see an improvement, then I'd play the lottery on it. both teams sound like they'll be ready to rock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and what an awesome post from our die-hard buddy in Orlando. as big a fan as there is in tiger country.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and woby is right as well, ironton was always known for not wearing out. and working you over all 4 quarters. that was so stressed for years about being a second half team, and finishing strong. that has not been our calling card the last 5/6 years. we get that back. sounds like we have a line that is more fit. this could have the makings of an instant classic. I have no doubt burg will be ready and it sounds like the tigers may be as well.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Big changes in Region 17 this year some big teams out and some in.

2015 Region 17
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Martins Ferry
Union Local
Ridgewood
Amanda Clearcreek
Liberty Union
River Valley
Harrison Central
Wellston
Oak Hill
Buckeye Local
Edison
South Point
Fairland
Ironton
Rock Hill
Utica
Northridge
West Muskingum
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Minford
Northwest
Wheelersburg
Tuscarawas Valley
Sugarcreek Garaway

Hartley, Coshocton, St. Clairsville and Eastmoor Academy all to D IV

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

has this been revised??? they are suppose to be in middle of revising

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not sure.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Thanks Bait for the compliment...
Gotigersgo!!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

This will be a great southern Ohio game once again. I think these are the best 2 football programs since the 70's to present in the dirty south by far. If you have never taken in THE GAME you need to at least this year. hey you never know you could win free wings. lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Burgbball wrote:Big changes in Region 17 this year some big teams out and some in.

2015 Region 17
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Martins Ferry
Union Local
Ridgewood
Amanda Clearcreek
Liberty Union
River Valley
Harrison Central
Wellston
Oak Hill
Buckeye Local
Edison
South Point
Fairland
Ironton
Rock Hill
Utica
Northridge
West Muskingum
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Minford
Northwest
Wheelersburg
Tuscarawas Valley
Sugarcreek Garaway

Hartley, Coshocton, St. Clairsville and Eastmoor Academy all to D IV
sure will miss them last 4 -------------------said nobody.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

To me they were never SEO teams.. only put in reg 17 to make it a stronger region.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burgbball wrote:Going by what is posted on OHSAA

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/2015/2015FBDivV.pdf
This is being revised and is not official because of the recount. On the page before you get to this link, it shows the divisional breakdown for D5 being 200-150 boy students. Burg's original enrollment count was 152, which put them into D5. Burg's new adjusted enrollment count is 147, which could put them into D6. Until the divsional breakdown is updated, we don't know who is in each division.

Coshocton's updated enrollment is 165 so they are likely back down to D5, the other 3 mentioned still have enrollments above 200, so they will likely stay D4.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Really hope burg don't drop to d6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope ironton starts to grow as well, and go up instead of down. which would always likely mean more depth on sports teams.it doesn't matter how high or low you go. you still have those private schools that are loaded.that's the elephant in the room. you have to beat them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey 4th thanks for keeping everybody up to date on this stuff, you always have.

Return to “Football”