WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great comment ray. as another poster said. enormous turnout for d5.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Well after seeing the OVC preview I think there will be some wins by some teams that most folks on here had written off as dead. I think the OVC is up for grabs if all stay healthy. I sure hope they do but that's not likely. I got a feeling it may just come down to Ironton and the Pointers the last game of the season..wouldn't that be a hoot.. Good luck to everyone and go OVC.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

If the OVC is up for grabs then changes need to happen in Ironton Tiger land. Too much experience and talent for any OVC losses .I can't believe this could be true. Ironton should dominate every OVC team.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Well ur about to find out in two weeks what they got when they play Burg. If they play anything like they did this past Saturday their going to get the crap beat out of them again. I listen to you folks talk on here about how big and strong they were going to be this year and above all in the best shape they have been in in years. I didn't see it Saturday. Look about like the team they had last year just a year older. I have driven all over the watch the tigers play but have to say it's getting old seeing a well known team not looking any better than they did Saturday. Yeah I know it was only a preview but get in a habit of not caring about winning or doing your best when you take the field and that habit will become the norm.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

knightruner wrote:Well ur about to find out in two weeks what they got when they play Burg. If they play anything like they did this past Saturday their going to get the crap beat out of them again. I listen to you folks talk on here about how big and strong they were going to be this year and above all in the best shape they have been in in years. I didn't see it Saturday. Look about like the team they had last year just a year older. I have driven all over the watch the tigers play but have to say it's getting old seeing a well known team not looking any better than they did Saturday. Yeah I know it was only a preview but get in a habit of not caring about winning or doing your best when you take the field and that habit will become the norm.
You mean to tell me that these guys are blowing smoke again? I am shocked :122246

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I sat through all four of the preview games Saturday evening and I really didn't see anything remarkable out of anyone. Nothing that I would sit here at this keyboard and brag about. Ironton never once spread the field or ran out of the "I", or threw to their best pass receiver. The best QB was dressed in blue and red. The fastest runner wore purple. The weakest team well I'll let someone else tell you that. The team in green put the ball on the turf more than all the others put together. When the team in white sent in #22 he always got the ball. One teams kicker had gold shoes. Like I said nothing spectacular. Just 4 scrimmages to entertain us football fanatics.All in all a fun night even though it was a little warm. Thank you Lord football season is upon us!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we'll see how we look against columbus eastmoor Saturday. see if we are ready to rock n roll.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK FIGHTING TIGERS

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bait when the bleachers are full of coaches from opposing schools he isn't going to show a whole lot and you know that. I had a row full of Wheelersburg folks sitting in front of me at the OVC Preview and some had clipboards. I took them to be scouts. All I can say is get in line, wait your turn and may the better man win. By the way I saw some of our Portsmouth buddies down at the Big Boy after the Preview. They say they are glad they play on Thursday opening week so they can see the Ironton Burg game. Looks like The Tank will be rocking on the 28th. Just a little info for you on Ironton from Saturday night. Barker didn't dress due to a tweaked ankle. Young was wearing a soft cast on his right arm and only carried the ball about 3 times. I don't think we threw to Campbell at all. Vass tried to get Carey involved to get him the experience and he looks to be the guy we need at that other end. Palladino had over 100 yards but 79 was on one carry. Young had the other TD of 4 yards. The ones played the first quarter and a little bit in the second. The announcer had Palladino carrying the ball in the 2nd quarter once when it was actually Isaiah Brickey Scott. He finished the game with just about all freshmen. I think we have 16 freshmen so we will have a freshman team. We also have 16 Seniors so after this year it's back to the drawing board.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

That is all crazy. When do you the starters get reps to smooth the offense out against opposing teams? Never? That is what scrimmages are for and why teams get better. :? Last I checked anyway.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Supposedly all injured parties will be dressed and ready to play Saturday.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Eastmoor scrimmaged Hartley Saturday but I haven't heard how that came out. They were 8-2 last year if I'm not mistaken and finished 9th in our Region. They won't be any slouch by any means. It will be interesting.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

What time is the scrimmage Saturday?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

7:00 PM

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I know who was out and Barker is the best man on the team to me but he is not going to make up for all the stuff I seen and everyone else seen that knows anything about football. Ironton starters were in the game with about 2 minutes to go. Maybe I was just expecting more in the way of being in shape. Hopeing to see some team from the SE in the finals this year. Already got my tickets. Good luck everyone..

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

Its so funny to read what excuses people come up with. So tell me this....who knows if sp had all of thier starters playing? Everyone assumes they was all healthy and all varsity players. Y dont u check that tid bit out! Hillarious!!!! This is true infotainment

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

RiverRatRay wrote:I sat through all four of the preview games Saturday evening and I really didn't see anything remarkable out of anyone. Nothing that I would sit here at this keyboard and brag about. Ironton never once spread the field or ran out of the "I", or threw to their best pass receiver. The best QB was dressed in blue and red. The fastest runner wore purple. The weakest team well I'll let someone else tell you that. The team in green put the ball on the turf more than all the others put together. When the team in white sent in #22 he always got the ball. One teams kicker had gold shoes. Like I said nothing spectacular. Just 4 scrimmages to entertain us football fanatics.All in all a fun night even though it was a little warm. Thank you Lord football season is upon us!
great post RRR
TIGERS will be fine come AUG 28

Rv BallerBoy
Waterboy

Post by Rv BallerBoy »

[quote="buckeyes41"]Its so funny to read what excuses people come up with. So tell me this....who knows if sp had all of thier starters playing? Everyone assumes they was all healthy and all varsity players. Y dont u check that tid bit out! Hillarious!!!! This is true infotainment[/quote]

South point had Devon Leonard out cause he had a heat stroke he is arguably there beast player on defense and a solid running back.
Matt Kenny did not play any. I don't know why he didn't play (he could have just not been getting any playing time) but if he gets playing time this year he is a solid running back and a solid de/lb.

Rv BallerBoy
Waterboy

Post by Rv BallerBoy »

[quote="mufan95"][quote="buckeyes41"]Its so funny to read what excuses people come up with. So tell me this....who knows if sp had all of thier starters playing? Everyone assumes they was all healthy and all varsity players. Y dont u check that tid bit out! Hillarious!!!! This is true infotainment[/quote]

South point had Devon Leonard out cause he had a heat stroke he is arguably there beast player on defense and a solid running back.
Matt Kenny did not play any. I don't know why he didn't play (he could have just not been getting any playing time) but if he gets playing time this year he is a solid running back and a solid de/lb.[/quote]

That's just the ones I know of.

Rv BallerBoy
Waterboy

Post by Rv BallerBoy »

[quote="mufan95"][quote="buckeyes41"]Its so funny to read what excuses people come up with. So tell me this....who knows if sp had all of thier starters playing? Everyone assumes they was all healthy and all varsity players. Y dont u check that tid bit out! Hillarious!!!! This is true infotainment[/quote]

Matt Kenny did not play any. I don't know why he didn't play (he could have just not been getting any playing time) but if he gets playing time this year he is a solid running back and a solid de/lb.[/quote]

*best

Return to “Football”