WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by Trojan_Pride »

whitwell wrote:" its called ATTEMPTS the QB is a stud he should be throwing 20 passes a game to 30 running plays."

lol...you really believe this?
110% if he played for burg / raceland / Athens and the list goes on he would be

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

That's a pretty lofty tag to lay on a player, what do you base your opinion on?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The problem is Ironton threw the ball when everyone knew they were going to throw the ball.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree with a previous post sooo much hype about the Ironton team and their play did not show it Friday night. Ironton guards need a great deal of work. They need to move the center they had for the last 2 years back to center and find some quick guards. When they ran outside the guards were behind the backs not in front of them. What happen to play action passes? If you are going to run the T your full back should touch the ball at least 15 times during the game. Counters play action come off the full back and by the way how many teams have 2 TE over 6'3" tall. Put both of them on the same side split out 22 on the other side and you have a match up problem. By the way place 85 in the slot position not out wide by himself. Who could cover a 6'5" TE that has speed and can jump? Last of all find some coaches that are not all related and that can coach. How many times did the football hit the ground on punts? The special teams for Ironton used to be special now they are fill in the blank ( ) yourself

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

OSU 77 wrote:I agree with a previous post sooo much hype about the Ironton team and their play did not show it Friday night. Ironton guards need a great deal of work. They need to move the center they had for the last 2 years back to center and find some quick guards. When they ran outside the guards were behind the backs not in front of them. What happen to play action passes? If you are going to run the T your full back should touch the ball at least 15 times during the game. Counters play action come off the full back and by the way how many teams have 2 TE over 6'3" tall. Put both of them on the same side split out 22 on the other side and you have a match up problem. By the way place 85 in the slot position not out wide by himself. Who could cover a 6'5" TE that has speed and can jump? Last of all find some coaches that are not all related and that can coach. How many times did the football hit the ground on punts? The special teams for Ironton used to be special now they are fill in the blank ( ) yourself

This poster summed it all up. Great observations. Would you like to be a coach? Ya never know....
This is not a jab @ you. It's a compliment.

I usually stay quiet & keep my MOUTH shut. I'm FAIR & am not critical, but obviously I've reached the PEAK & I feel like I could hit my head on a ROCK if I don't POINT it out!!!
IHS coaches: stand up!!! Or GROVE home!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm not saying ironton could have won without all the needless penalties, because wheelersburg had plenty as well.but I'd sure like to see it get cleaned up and find out.but every game it's the same thing. but we've been saying this how many years now. the discipline is not there as in the past.

let me make it clear I'm not one who is calling for a coaching change----------because I'm not. but somebody has to get a handle on this and be accountable for what's going on and correct it.you have lil on ladies sittin around saying they never did that all them years before. if they see it, we're all seein it.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:The problem is Ironton threw the ball when everyone knew they were going to throw the ball.

hey u got 1 right hahah lol

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

OSU 77 wrote:I agree with a previous post sooo much hype about the Ironton team and their play did not show it Friday night. Ironton guards need a great deal of work. They need to move the center they had for the last 2 years back to center and find some quick guards. When they ran outside the guards were behind the backs not in front of them. What happen to play action passes? If you are going to run the T your full back should touch the ball at least 15 times during the game. Counters play action come off the full back and by the way how many teams have 2 TE over 6'3" tall. Put both of them on the same side split out 22 on the other side and you have a match up problem. By the way place 85 in the slot position not out wide by himself. Who could cover a 6'5" TE that has speed and can jump? Last of all find some coaches that are not all related and that can coach. How many times did the football hit the ground on punts? The special teams for Ironton used to be special now they are fill in the blank ( ) yourself
amen!!!!!!!!!! 2 TWO TWO TWO 6 foot 5 players split same way and whoever the other way would cause ANY defense HUGE FITS im gonna say it again TWO TWO TWO

it would DEMAND a defense to use 4 players to cover that (or they would get burnt every time) that only leaves 7 defenders to 8 offense players left to STOP THE RUN
now we have a running game with lots of 1 on 1 matchups !!!!!!!!!!!!

if your going to continue to run run run run I suggest someone goes down to valley (prison) and bring back 7 of the meanest men in OHIO

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:The problem is Ironton threw the ball when everyone knew they were going to throw the ball.

hey u got 1 right hahah lol
:aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

tjhtygeverve wrote:

This poster summed it all up. Great observations. Would you like to be a coach? Ya never know....

I usually stay quiet & keep my MOUTH shut. I'm FAIR & am not critical, but obviously I've reached the PEAK & I feel like I could hit my head on a ROCK if I don't POINT it out!!!

I have tried to break into that coach staff but my last name does not start with a "B". By the way the theme to the Brady Bunch will be good for this coaching staff.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

OSU 77 wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:

By the way Logan used a 6'8" TE to run a jump ball play for TD's and EP's last couple of years Use youe assets!

I have tried to break into that coach staff but my last name does not start with a "B". By the way the theme to the Brady Bunch will be good for this coaching staff.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Was it Coach Vass that got the Unsportsmanlike Penalty on the next to last Drive? That Penalty pinned us deep to Punt and the Burg ended up with the ball at Irontons 41 to start the drive. I know the huddle just broke and the Players were headed to the line for the play when it was called.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Was it Coach Vass that got the Unsportsmanlike Penalty on the next to last Drive? That Penalty pinned us deep to Punt and the Burg ended up with the ball at Irontons 41 to start the drive. I know the huddle just broke and the Players were headed to the line for the play when it was called.
According to announcers it was the coach that got the penalty for being in the huddle without a timeout being called....Not sure of the validity of the announcers comment but that was what was said on the podcast.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It was on vass. It must be a point of emphasis for refs this year because I've never seen that called. Now if he was yelling at officials that's different. But you'd think a warning would come first, kind of like a sideline warning.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you would think so.as far as a warning.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

If it wasn't against the rules, it wouldn't have been called. The Bob Lutz days are over.

Return to “Football”