Varsity

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by bevo »

Did Fairland drop back into div 5?

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Bevo wrote:Did Fairland drop back into div 5?
The first post in this thread would indicate YES.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Bozo wrote:The OHSAA stuck three SVC schools in Region 18. Piketon, Westfall and Zane Trace.
That region has the likes of CHCA, Jamestown Greenview, Versailles, Roger Bacon and Anna.
one more fail by the ohsaa

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Bozo wrote:The OHSAA stuck three SVC schools in Region 18. Piketon, Westfall and Zane Trace.
That region has the likes of CHCA, Jamestown Greenview, Versailles, Roger Bacon and Anna.
one more fail by the ohsaa
How exactly is this a "fail" by the OHSAA? What was the OHSAA gonna do? Do you feel they should be included in Region 17?

The furthest possible trips for any of the SVC teams in Region 18 are Piketon going to Anna (144 miles) and Versailles (141). Had Piketon been put in Region 17 (Which I am assuming you think should have been done) possible trips include Edison Richmond (202 miles), Buckeye Local (197), Tusky Valley (189), and Garaway (164).

If the SVC folks are upset because they feel they got a tougher draw from a competition standpoint, then that is fine. But to say the OHSAA "failed" here would just be way off.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I think the SVC schools, especially Zane Trace, have a better chance of making it in Region 18.
Now, as far as winning some playoff games, I don't know.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

I'm surprised by the JJHUDDLE preview that they don't really have West in the playoff discussion, With the coaches they now have, I believe that they will be more competitive than predicted. As it turns out, they have Garaway winning the region, b/c of what the QB did as a freshman. IMHO, there will be one surprise team in this region making the postseaon.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:I'm surprised by the JJHUDDLE preview that they don't really have West in the playoff discussion, With the coaches they now have, I believe that they will be more competitive than predicted. As it turns out, they have Garaway winning the region, b/c of what the QB did as a freshman. IMHO, there will be one surprise team in this region making the postseaon.
It's all about whoever replies back to their constant emails about stuff to put in the magazine.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have a sneakin suspicion this may be the year the ironton fighting tigers break back through.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

formerfcfan wrote:
Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:I'm surprised by the JJHUDDLE preview that they don't really have West in the playoff discussion, With the coaches they now have, I believe that they will be more competitive than predicted. As it turns out, they have Garaway winning the region, b/c of what the QB did as a freshman. IMHO, there will be one surprise team in this region making the postseaon.
It's all about whoever replies back to their constant emails about stuff to put in the magazine.
I figured that they would do more research these days.....at least more than just who's coming back and who they trust as "sources".

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:I figured that they would do more research these days.....at least more than just who's coming back and who they trust as "sources".
With over 700 high school football teams in Ohio, that would be extremely tough.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

If your not a northern school then most likely you dont get too much recognition!

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

PirateFan2 wrote:If your not a northern school then most likely you dont get too much recognition!
Yea, it's been that way for years, although there has been a little more recognition from some of the "southern" teams, such as Wheelersburg, Athens, and Jackson.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Wheelersburg

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

[quote="D-5"]Wheelersburg[/

It could very well be another repeat of last season, with a different team winning of course. I believe the Ironton vs Burg game will most likely be replayed sometime in the playoffs in 2015. Ironton seems to have too much this season JMO. I believe whoever wins will have to face Youngstown Mooney. Ironton has had success against them in the past, it won't be an easy division to win this year for sure. Only two years ago Mooney was Division 3.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton beat Youngstown mooney, I believe in the only time they met. I was there. I'm thinking in Zanesville in 99. not sure. how does a team drop 2 divisions in a couple years. crazy ain't it.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Wouldn't that be sweet! A back to back years of playing each other the first game of the season and for one team....the last game of the season!

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Looking over this Region I would have to believe it is finally Wheelersburg's year. With no Columbus teams or private schools in the entire region, an above average team can win this Region. By what I read on SEOP, Wheelersburg is not as good as years past but some times it has to do with what the other teams have. Time will tell!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I'm hearing Garaway is the Team to beat, I guess we'll see.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

After Zane Trace's overtime win against Logan Elm last night, I don't see them going anything less than 8-2.
I predict they go 9-1, if they stay healthy.

Return to “Football”