Division V, Region 17

elam
Waterboy

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by elam »

Being a fan from the north. Garaway is the real deal and should go 10-0 and get a home playoff game. Ridgewood should be 9-1, 8-2. Coshocton got moved into this region late and could get to 7-3 but had a tough break in their opener. Hearing Harrison central could make some noise, but don't know anything about them. Hope the info helps.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I was at the zane trace and logan elm game
I dont think teace is that good I think logan elm is really down
#2 qb for trace is what they have..ran alot of keepers around the ends
Good speed .

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Wow!!! After two weeks of the season, Region 17 might be down more than I even expected. And .... I thought it was going to be down a lot. Out of Region matchups have not been good for Region 17 teams. Garaway, Ridgewood and Martin Ferry got beat. An average team will win this Region.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

A down logan elm that put up 54 this week with their qb going out after the zt game is kind of shocking.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

A lot of early losses by some top contenders in the first two weeks.
Wheelersburg, Zane Trace and Harrison Central look to have an early advantage.
Ironton 0-2, but they will win at least seven and get in.
Garaway, Ferry and Ridgewood have lost one early.
Nelsonville pulled off a big win against Trimble, then lost in OT to Newark Catholic.
Minford is 2-0 and has a tough one with Paint Valley coming up.
Still a long way to go.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

this region is wide open someone should take a stab at naming the 8 contenders LOL

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Until someone grabs some attention out of this region, I see burg winning it. A team like ironton at full strength could be dangerous if they get in.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:Until someone grabs some attention out of this region, I see burg winning it. A team like ironton at full strength could be dangerous if they get in.

I think that's a fair statement its burgs to lose!!!

I just seen some stuff in that 1st game that would had me concerned, but it was the 1st game so 9 chances to improve, so who knows LOL

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I don't think there is any doubt this Region is very (very) down. I would agree that Wheelersburg should win this Region.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Garaway has lost their QB for awhile with a concussion.
Zane Trace and Wheelersburg should be a lock to host even if they lose one.
Watch out for Coshocton. They could surprise and get in after losing their first two games.
Harrison Central-Union Local game this week will go a long way.
I still think Ironton will get in if they go 6-4.
Minford needs to beat somebody with a good record to get in.
Garaway is 1-2, but should finish no less than 7-3.
Nelsonville is 1-2, but still have a chance to get a bunch of points.

Long Range Predictions:

1. Wheelersburg
2. Harrison Central
3. Zane Trace
4. Union Local
5. Nelsonville-York
6. Garaway
7. Ironton
8. Coshocton

Long way to go!

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

I still see you guys betting ironton in. that won't happen by beating up on the lonelys like rock hill,south point and fairland

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:I still see you guys betting ironton in. that won't happen by beating up on the lonelys like rock hill,south point and fairland
http://www.fantastic50.net/team425.html

Playoff chance
63% now (need 6-4) (control own destiny)
23% chance of a home game
94% with a win in next game, and 47% with a loss

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:I'm surprised by the JJHUDDLE preview that they don't really have West in the playoff discussion, With the coaches they now have, I believe that they will be more competitive than predicted. As it turns out, they have Garaway winning the region, b/c of what the QB did as a freshman. IMHO, there will be one surprise team in this region making the postseaon.

Staff and team having some early season issues.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ironton won't make it in; 5-5 at absolute best. The reality is they may only win three or four games, not unless they homer some OVC teams at home. Chesapeake is a better team than they are and so is Ashland. That puts them with six losses right there.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Ironton won't make it in; 5-5 at absolute best. The reality is they may only win three or four games, not unless they homer some OVC teams at home. Chesapeake is a better team than they are and so is Ashland. That puts them with six losses right there.
That would be 5 sir. Yes I had to double check with my 7 year old and he confirms.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

By the way things are shaking out Burg will be a lock in the 1 spot and probably some weak competition 2-8. Ironton healthy would be a tough haul again but they have to win a game before we can talk about the chances of that happening. Minford could sneak in if they could get the SOC 1 off of that schedule. It looks like it's all up for grabs. We will all know what Burg is made of next week. When they come out of Jackson with a W, there will be no need to play the region. Just give it to them.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Look for Ironton to snatch the 8 spot thereby setting up another 12-page Week 11 thread between Wheelersburg and Ironton lol.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

and then ironton gets beat again and Burg goes on to play some real competition. LOL jk

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:By the way things are shaking out Burg will be a lock in the 1 spot and probably some weak competition 2-8. Ironton healthy would be a tough haul again but they have to win a game before we can talk about the chances of that happening. Minford could sneak in if they could get the SOC 1 off of that schedule. It looks like it's all up for grabs. We will all know what Burg is made of next week. When they come out of Jackson with a W, there will be no need to play the region. Just give it to them.

you might want to look at Nothwest a little closer. by the end of the year they will win 6-8 games. that's alot of L2 points for Minford. I think they win 7 games. that's 28 L2 points

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Burg will be first in the region. I can't see Peake beating Ironton.

Return to “Football”