Division V, Region 17

hammer89
Freshman Team

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by hammer89 »

Burg is the class of the Region, then about 4 or 5 teams pretty equal I think.

Other observations:

Zane Trace will more than likely beat Paint Valley, and probably by a comfortable margin.
Coshocton will be in with a victory over Meadowbrook and could slip into the top 4 if they beat Dover. (possible, Dover is way down this year)
If Ridgewood beats Garaway and finishes 9-1 they will more than likely host come Week 11. If they lose to Garaway, probably in around the #6 range.
Harrison Central will lose to Saint C, and possibly Indian Creek. Regardless, they should still host. Probably around #2 or #3 seed.
#1 seed will be close between Burg and Zane Trace.
Ironton is in around #7 if they win out.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Burg will be #1 regardless if Zane Trace is 10-0.
SVC teams get hurt because of a seven game league schedule.
The Pioneers also play McClain who has not won for two years.
Zane Trace will host at 10-0 or 9-1 though.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I agree that Burg will be #1 regardless of what Zane Trace does. Burg will get the #1 seed even if they finish 9-1
As far as Zane trace hosting. The way it stands now, they will host at 10-0 but may not if they stumble 1 time.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Region 17 playoff berth probabilities
Updated 10/1/2015 9:03 AM
Week 5 complete
F50 region 17 home
Region 17 Harbin projections
Eitel region page

Locks or near-locks (99%+)
1. Wheelersburg (5-0) (seed range #1-#5)
2. Chillicothe Zane Trace (5-0) (need 7-3)
3. Harrison Central (5-0) (need 6-4)

Likely playoff teams
4. W. Lafayette Ridgewood (4-1) 98% (bubble if 7-3)
5. Albany Alexander (4-1) 95% (need 6-4)

Contenders
6. Ironton (1-4) 60% (need 6-4)
7. Coshocton (3-2) 57% (need 7-3)
8. Bidwell River Valley (4-1) 54% (need 7-3)
(Top 8 earn a playoff berth)
9. Ironton Rock Hill (3-2) 36% (need 6-3)
10. Wellston (3-2) 28% (need 7-3)

Longshots
11. Portsmouth (2-3) 17% (need 7-3)
12. Minford (3-2) 14% (need 7-3)
13. Oak Hill (2-3) 11%
14. Belmont Union (3-2) 11% (need 7-3)
15. Nelsonville-York (1-4) 6% (bubble if 5-5)
16. Tuscarawas Valley (3-2) 5% (bubble if 7-3)
17. McDermott Northwest (3-2) 3% (bubble if 8-2)
18. Sugarcreek Garaway (2-3) 3%

Not realistic contenders (<2%)
19. Portsmouth West (1-4)
20. Martins Ferry (1-4)
21. Piketon (2-3)
22. Richmond Edison (1-4)
23. South Point (2-3)
24. Liberty Union (1-4)
25. West Muskingum (1-4)
26. Williamsport Westfall (1-4)
27. Proctorville Fairland (0-5)
http://fantastic50.net/r17pct.html

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Burg cruises
Zane Trace wins in OT.
Harrison Central gets bombed by St. Clairsville. Most teams do.
Ridgewood and Coshocton win by 7.
River Valley and Alex win. Play next week.
Minford loses another tough one. This time 3 OT's.
Rock Hill continues to surprise.
Ironton has some "point" games coming. 6-4 and they are in.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

How does Ironton get in at 6-4 in the OVC? with that league having 2 winning teams?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Bevo wrote:How does Ironton get in at 6-4 in the OVC? with that league having 1 winning team?
region is weak and ironton will have enough L2 points they will start climbing next 3 weeks if they win

another loss will knock them out

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Yes, Ironton can get in at 6-4. Nothing less.
Coal Grove win tonight will help also on down the road.

Week 6 playoff predictions.

1. Wheelersburg
2. Zane Trace
3. Ridgewood
4. Harrison Central
5. Alexander
6. Rock Hill
7. Ironton
8. Coshocton

River Valley could be right in there if they beat Alex next Friday.
Alex has four pretty tough games left.
Rock Hill should go no worse than 6-3.
Last edited by nice guy on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Bevo wrote:How does Ironton get in at 6-4 in the OVC? with that league having 1 winning team?
region is weak and ironton will have enough L2 points they will start climbing next 3 weeks if they win

makes no sense they beat 2 teams both with losing records, lol and the league is sorry!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Bevo wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

makes no sense they beat 2 teams both with losing records, lol and the league is sorry!
lol they have to finish the season at 6-4

peake would be 8-2 , rh 6-3 , and cg 5-5 that's a lot of l2 points

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

At least 2 big games next week
River Valley/Alex
Ironton/Coal Grove

Good stuff

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Region 17 is playing out as I thought. Unfortunately for football fans, this region is as weak as I've ever it in the past 15 years. If Wheelersburg does not win this Region, it will be a huge (HUGE) upset. Without the Columbus schools or private schools in this Region, it is going to take an above level team to win this Region. Wheelersburg is the only team that falls in that category. I think the Wheelersburg fans will finally get to see week 14.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BB #26 wrote:Region 17 is playing out as I thought. Unfortunately for football fans, this region is as weak as I've ever it in the past 15 years. If Wheelersburg does not win this Region, it will be a huge (HUGE) upset. Without the Columbus schools or private schools in this Region, it is going to take an above level team to win this Region. Wheelersburg is the only team that falls in that category. I think the Wheelersburg fans will finally get to see week 14.
Burg fans have seen week 14 before when we won in 1989 at 14-0. It's week 15 we are seeking out now.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
BB #26 wrote:Region 17 is playing out as I thought. Unfortunately for football fans, this region is as weak as I've ever it in the past 15 years. If Wheelersburg does not win this Region, it will be a huge (HUGE) upset. Without the Columbus schools or private schools in this Region, it is going to take an above level team to win this Region. Wheelersburg is the only team that falls in that category. I think the Wheelersburg fans will finally get to see week 14.
Burg fans have seen week 14 before when we won in 1989 at 14-0. It's week 15 we are seeking out now.

What he is trying to say is that Burg will be close to 3 TD favorites over every team in the region during the playoffs (maybe less vs. Ironton) and that if they don't get to the State this year when will they have another opportunity where they are so much better than the other teams in the region? The region is the weakest I have ever seen at D5

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

lineman7 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

What he is trying to say is that Burg will be close to 3 TD favorites over every team in the region during the playoffs (maybe less vs. Ironton) and that if they don't get to the State this year when will they have another opportunity where they are so much better than the other teams in the region? The region is the weakest I have ever seen at D5
I realize what he meant. I was just telling him we have been there before in case he wasn't aware.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
IMO I think Burg could make it even with Hartley in the region. They were the only other team in the region that was good. So everyone complained about it and now the region is weak because of it? You all are comical at best. Every time Burg takes the field they know they have a chance to win the game. Don't be surprised when they are playing Cold-water in Cbus.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Don't be surprised when they are playing Cold-water in Cbus.

Step 1: Win your region

Step 2: Beat the champion of another region

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

formerfcfan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Don't be surprised when they are playing Cold-water in Cbus.

Step 1: Win your region

Step 2: Beat the champion of another region
No way?! I didn't know about those two steps. Cmon, man.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I have looked at this after 6 weeks and came up with the following!! and yes you heard it 1st here LOL ( RH has a great chance to make playoffs even with loss to ironton)

1 zane trace (burg if they beat valley)
2 burg/zane trace

3-4-5-6(not sure of exact order too many variables)
Harrison central
ridgewood
rv (must win against either alexander or Athens) 2 loss = more than likely OUT
alexander (must win 1 of big 3 games left rv , trimble, or meigs ) lose all 3 and your OUT

7/8
ironton , rh (very close on points for these spots) (ANY ironton loss=OUT) (RH lose either of last 2 your OUT)

a Coshocton WIN over a 6-0 meadowbrooke would get them IN (highly unlikely) LOSE and you go back to mix at bottom

a 8-2 northwest would get them IN as long as alexander loses all 3 big games!!!! OR rv lose to both alexander and athens

if alexander loses all 3 big games it opens up spot for Coshocton or 1 of the teams I didn't look at

if RV loses to both alexander and Athens it opens up spot for Coshocton or 1 of teams at bottom

I didn't look at any of the following teams ( Minford , wellston, pwest, union local , oak hill , piketon , Tuscarawas valley,,garaway)

this is based on NO MAJOR UPSETS and some good guessing at L2 points

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:I have looked at this after 6 weeks and came up with the following!! and yes you heard it 1st here LOL ( RH has a great chance to make playoffs even with loss to ironton)

1 zane trace (burg if they beat valley)
2 burg/zane trace

3-4-5-6(not sure of exact order too many variables)
Harrison central
ridgewood
rv (must win against either alexander or Athens) 2 loss = more than likely OUT
alexander (must win 1 of big 3 games left rv , trimble, or meigs ) lose all 3 and your OUT

7/8
ironton , rh (very close on points for these spots) (ANY ironton loss=OUT) (RH lose either of last 2 your OUT)

a Coshocton WIN over a 6-0 meadowbrooke would get them IN (highly unlikely) LOSE and you go back to mix at bottom

a 8-2 northwest would get them IN as long as alexander loses all 3 big games!!!! OR rv lose to both alexander and athens

if alexander loses all 3 big games it opens up spot for Coshocton or 1 of the teams I didn't look at

if RV loses to both alexander and Athens it opens up spot for Coshocton or 1 of teams at bottom

I didn't look at any of the following teams ( Minford , wellston, pwest, union local , oak hill , piketon , Tuscarawas valley,,garaway)

this is based on NO MAJOR UPSETS and some good guessing at L2 points
RH only needs 1 win to get in. I look for them to maybe run the table. They demolished Ptown.

Return to “Football”