Division V, Region 17

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Then why you trying to put the "chest thumpers" out there like that? All you do is stir the pot man. I'm gonna start calling you Betty Crocker.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Then why you trying to put the "chest thumpers" out there like that? All you do is stir the pot man. I'm gonna start calling you Betty Crocker.
I just like to agitate burg folk

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Coshocton will be looking good if they held on for the win!!!
rv gonna be in huge trouble especially with Athens coming up!! and rv other 2 games they should win have very little L2 point value
rock hill, ironton , and oak hill these 3 teams need compared to see possible outcomes!!!

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i am still missing a few games from this region they may be saturday games. but through last night new week 10 minimum points are
1.zane trace 15.2
2,wheelersburg 12.89
3,alexander 12.5
4.harrsin central 11.20
5.rock hill 9.63
6.coshocton 9.62
7.ridgewood 9.20
8.river valley 6.74
9.oak hill 6.25
10.minford 5.33
11.tuscarwus valley 5.15
12.ironton 4.83

projections after week 10

1.wheelersburg 25.71
2.zane trace 21.8
3.alexander 18.7
4.harrison central 17.39
5.ridgewood 15.6
6.coshocton 15.51
7.ironton 13.66
8.rock hill 13.42
9.river valley 11.68
10.minford 10.29

later i can run any scenario anyone wants

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Quick Thoughts on a Saturday Morning...

River Valley has a lot of 2nd level points available in their final 3 games

The Rock Hill/Ironton game on 10/16 is essentially a playoff game. If Rock Hill wins, they are in, Ironton has to win out and hope River Valley, Oak Hill, and Minford have a loss in the last three weeks.

Minford most likely won't win all three (two are against Valley and Burg)

Oak Hill could run the table

I dont know much about ridgewood or coshocton

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ironton will not make the playoffs. Even if they do, they will get slaughtered by whomever their first-round opponent could be. What's funny is Ironton has a losing record right now (3-4) and some of their fans are talking of winning a playoff game. They won't even get in.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:Last year our Indians won a regional title and played 14 games. We lost to the 2 time defending state champions that were a late blown lead away from 3-peating. Out of those 14 games, Wheelersburg was the best team we played.

This year, the Burg will play at least 14 (IMO) games and I feel for the first 13 of those, Valley will be the best team they play.

I will set the total at 20.5 total points Burg gives up in the Regional tournament.
Jackson will be the Best Team the Burg plays in regular season this Year, Valley would be a close second ...
does that mean when valley beats them by 14 there is a huge flaw ??????? :lol:

watch game 1 film valley it clearly shows burgs weakness!
Yeah, go ahead and watch week #1's game film and see what that gets you Valley. lol

SMH!!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:That's all I said I agreed with "capable" ironton has a long way to go before even thinking of burg
I believe this is the smartest post you have ever made..... :roll:

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I think the bottom line is this Region is not very good. I posted in late August/early Sept. that an above average team would win this Region because of how down it was. As the season has played out that is what is going to happen. The top two teams are above average teams in comparison to teams in that area over the past 10 years.

When the OHSAA realigned this region, they made it one of the weakest in the state by eliminating the Columbus schools. People can no longer complain that the "OHSAA screws southern Ohio teams". It is the easiest way to the Final Four.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

This region is not very loaded at the top. but the middle to lower part of this region is better then in most years.
oak hill has virtually no shot at a playoff spot. minford has to beat valley or burg to have a shot. river valley has to beat athens to get in. Rock hill will be in with out a major upset.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

had nothing to do with where the schools were from it was about where playoff games were played.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Oak Hill is currently sitting in the 10th spot of this region at 3-4 and Minford is in the 9th spot at 4-3. Coshocton will probably lose another game, Rock Hill will most likely lose to Ironton, Alexander may lose to Trimble (it's a possibility), and the top two (Wheelersburg and Zane Trace) will most likely win out in the regular season. Oak Hill has a great possibility of winning out and making it in at the 7th or 8th seed. If Oak Hill can beat East, they will win out and make it in. Granted, playing Zane Trace or Wheelersburg won't be any fun; however, after starting out 0-3, making the playoffs would be a HUGE accomplishment for Oak Hill.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

oak hill highest possible average 12.55
coshocton will be at 13.45 even if they lose to dover this week.
rock hill will finish at 13.42 if they beat fairland and south point
alexander average will be 15.55 even with loss to trimble.
minford has to beat wheelersburg or valley to even be in the discusssion.
what hurts oak hill is that loss to rock hill every time they win they give rock hill more points. oak hill needs ironton to lose to have any real chance.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

kvnchambers wrote:i am still missing a few games from this region they may be saturday games. but through last night new week 10 minimum points are
1.zane trace 15.2
2,wheelersburg 12.89
3,alexander 12.5
4.harrsin central 11.20
5.rock hill 9.63
6.coshocton 9.62
7.ridgewood 9.20
8.river valley 6.74
9.oak hill 6.25
10.minford 5.33
11.tuscarwus valley 5.15
12.ironton 4.83

projections after week 10

1.wheelersburg 25.71
2.zane trace 21.8
3.alexander 18.7
4.harrison central 17.39
5.ridgewood 15.6
6.coshocton 15.51
7.ironton 13.66
8.rock hill 13.42
9.river valley 11.68
10.minford 10.29

later i can run any scenario anyone wants
hey I looked at this also and RV must beat ATHENS(not sure what that does cause I didn't check cause I think they lose)

the 1-2 is pretty much depending on valley / burg game
and I have rock hill finishing 7 ( as long as they win last 2 )
ironton 8 (as long as they win out)
oak hill is the team needing miracle of win out and every L2 point must come through for them and im still not sure if that is enough

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i have wheelersburg being the #1 no matter what happens at valley game but it will be very close if they lose. alexander could be the 2 if they would win out which is not out of question but i would bet against it. if ironton wins out i have them barely above rock hill but it is within 2 second level points. i mean it is still possible for others to crash the party but it will take some upsets. now if ironton loses once then the 8th spot wide open.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

IBTT, wake up your dreaming again.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

demaniac1 wrote:CG, are u serious? U can predict what one run in week 1 can be the deciding game changer in week 9?
all I am saying is when valley wins this game by 14 what are burg people going to say ???? u know maybe Jackson had a bad night when you guys beat them

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:CG, are u serious? U can predict what one run in week 1 can be the deciding game changer in week 9?
all I am saying is when valley wins this game by 14 what are burg people going to say ???? u know maybe Jackson had a bad night when you guys beat them
maybe the burg had an off night week one and the real burg team is the one that manhandled a very good jackson team

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

After Week 10 prediction

1. Wheelersburg
2. Zane Trace
3. Alexander
4. Harrison Central
5. Ridgewood
6. Rock Hill
7. Coshocton
8. Ironton

Big point games left:

Burg-Valley
Trimble-Alexander
Coshocton-Dover
Alexander-Meigs
Rock Hill-Ironton
Ironton-Chesapeake
River Valley-Athens
Harrison Central-Indian Creek

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BB #26 wrote:I think the bottom line is this Region is not very good. I posted in late August/early Sept. that an above average team would win this Region because of how down it was. As the season has played out that is what is going to happen. The top two teams are above average teams in comparison to teams in that area over the past 10 years.

When the OHSAA realigned this region, they made it one of the weakest in the state by eliminating the Columbus schools. People can no longer complain that the "OHSAA screws southern Ohio teams". It is the easiest way to the Final Four.
just out of curiosity from you or anyone who has seen zane trace play, I can only base things on numbers cause I have not seen them play but zane trace is sitting there with 3 games of victories of 6, 7 , and 3 points unlike! burg pretty much whopping the schedule!

so what makes zane trace so good ???

Return to “Football”