Division V, Region 17

IBTT
All Conference

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by IBTT »

There were 93 yards of penalties and numerous turnovers or burg would have lost game 1. Game 2 would be a good contest as the first game was. If burg didn't get the give me touchdown Ironton Is within 1. If Ironton is healthy come that time I believe burg will have their hands full.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
fbnut wrote:I just hope no one in this region talks to ol cg because he knows the burgs one weakness which will ultimately lead to the burgs downfall. :lol:
thank you for making that clear !! it is 2015 not 13 not 14 :lol:

u guys was at full go week 1 wasn't u ?????? LOL I mean practice all summer , and game 1 is a must

it will arise again when the situation presents itself for whichever team exploits it
I actually think the burgs staff does an excellent job to make sure they are not the same team in week 2 as in week 1 or the same in week 3 as in week 2 and so on. I personally don't think you have clue but if what you think might have been a weakness in week one, with this staff it might be a strength by week 11.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote:There were 93 yards of penalties and numerous turnovers or burg would have lost game 1. Game 2 would be a good contest as the first game was. If burg didn't get the give me touchdown Ironton Is within 1. If Ironton is healthy come that time I believe burg will have their hands full.
I must have missed that"give me touchdown" :lol: if Ironton has proved one thing this year it's that they are not a very smart football team, and they are going to commit a lot of stupid penalties.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

IBTT wrote:There were 93 yards of penalties and numerous turnovers or burg would have lost game 1. Game 2 would be a good contest as the first game was. If burg didn't get the give me touchdown Ironton Is within 1. If Ironton is healthy come that time I believe burg will have their hands full.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a joke.....

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

There are some if's. But, if Ironton gets their offense in gear they will be a tough out.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ok. Which one of these team queens scream team girls gonna b slapping first?
Iron/CG
Or
Jolly /
???

Take dat!
No, you take dis!
U so crazy!

@oh no shee dontdidnt

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

IBTT wrote:There are some if's. But, if Ironton gets their offense in gear they will be a tough out.

IF Granny had balls she would be pappy!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

fbnut wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
fbnut wrote:I just hope no one in this region talks to ol cg because he knows the burgs one weakness which will ultimately lead to the burgs downfall. :lol:
thank you for making that clear !! it is 2015 not 13 not 14 :lol:

u guys was at full go week 1 wasn't u ?????? LOL I mean practice all summer , and game 1 is a must

it will arise again when the situation presents itself for whichever team exploits it
I actually think the burgs staff does an excellent job to make sure they are not the same team in week 2 as in week 1 or the same in week 3 as in week 2 and so on. I personally don't think you have clue but if what you think might have been a weakness in week one, with this staff it might be a strength by week 11.
As an outsider this is true. Wheelersburg tends to change their scheme from week to week. The long touchdown that Palidino had to start the second half was because Wheelersburg changed their front and didn't get line up properly. For years they've been a big play defensive team. Sometimes this works against them. Lutz with his style was successful against Wheelersburg because when Burg made a big play the damage was minimized by the straight ahead style of Ironton. If Burg guessed wrong and was out of position, it was a big play Ironton. The best way to attack a fast aggressive defense is to go straight at them.

At least one possession this year Ironton ran to the red zone, had one bad play and changed what got them there. Ironton isn't a passing team. If they go double tight-T formation and stay in it they can play with Wheelersburg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree with the ironton big play remark, however lutz knew exactly when to counter or throw that stinking pop pass to the tight end. I hated that play. Ironton has many more flaws then just being patient on offense.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I think Wheelersburg will win this Region. But what Id travel to see (IF it happens) is Wheelersburg vs Coldwater... THAT would be a physical battle.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sport Fan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a joke.....
I don't think any touchdown is a "give me". That's ridiculous. Even if it is a battle in game 2, how will Ironton hold their composure? I think it will be the same as the last 2 games.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Valenth wrote:I think Wheelersburg will win this Region. But what Id travel to see (IF it happens) is Wheelersburg vs Coldwater... THAT would be a physical battle.
I want the burg to bring home the gold. I'm truly a rooter for who ever is representing SE OHIO. When IHS was still competitive @ final four level, I flew in for all final four's & finals. That's since I moved to Orlando in '92, so many heartbreakers.!!!I'm sure all of us know the power of a strong region & this seventeen is not it. None of them really are, except Coldwaters! I study those regions daily & research who has beaten who, the score, their playoff scenario etc. I've been doing this since we became a computer nation. If the burg had a chance, it would be this year. Jonathon alder, huron', valley view, Kettering bishop alter, Hamilton Badin, Y Cardinal Mooney, ASVSM, Clinton Massie, st.Clairsville,
URSI, ottawaw Glandorf, bishop Hartley, etc.are all gone, the path is much clear & easier.

So, I truly think a healthy Burg will have a shot, but that shot ends with coldwater. I flew in last year for the weekend of championships, & what COLDWATER did was unbelievable. Shutting down CCC, who busted up the burg's eliminator, was unbelievable. 62 points on an undefeated team that had only given up 80ish points the prior 14 games was craziness.
I hope the burg gets there & pulls off the big 1. They say one game @ a time, but id be scouting now.

InDaGame
Waterboy

Post by InDaGame »

I tell ya what, Once the Burg fans on here get over that lack of confidence they all seem to have, the sky is the limit.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tjhtygeverve wrote:
Valenth wrote:I think Wheelersburg will win this Region. But what Id travel to see (IF it happens) is Wheelersburg vs Coldwater... THAT would be a physical battle.
I want the burg to bring home the gold. I'm truly a rooter for who ever is representing SE OHIO. When IHS was still competitive @ final four level, I flew in for all final four's & finals. That's since I moved to Orlando in '92, so many heartbreakers.!!!I'm sure all of us know the power of a strong region & this seventeen is not it. None of them really are, except Coldwaters! I study those regions daily & research who has beaten who, the score, their playoff scenario etc. I've been doing this since we became a computer nation. If the burg had a chance, it would be this year. Jonathon alder, huron', valley view, Kettering bishop alter, Hamilton Badin, Y Cardinal Mooney, ASVSM, Clinton Massie, st.Clairsville,
URSI, ottawaw Glandorf, bishop Hartley, etc.are all gone, the path is much clear & easier.

So, I truly think a healthy Burg will have a shot, but that shot ends with coldwater. I flew in last year for the weekend of championships, & what COLDWATER did was unbelievable. Shutting down CCC, who busted up the burg's eliminator, was unbelievable. 62 points on an undefeated team that had only given up 80ish points the prior 14 games was craziness.
I hope the burg gets there & pulls off the big 1. They say one game @ a time, but id be scouting now.
Hartley did lose 3 key players in that regional championship game against Burg. All that aside Cold-water blew the doors off CCC. I was very impressed by that. I think we will just play it all out and let the chips fall where they may.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Wheelersburg, Zane Trace, Alexander and Harrison Central all win big.
Rock Hill gets handled by Ironton in the second half. Big one for the Tigers next week with 7-1 Peake.
Coshocton loses to Dover 35-21, but could still slide in with two more wins.
River Valley is still hanging around. They have to beat Athens next week to have a chance.
Wellston could have made a bid for a playoff spot, but lost to Athens in OT.
Ridgewood plays Saturday and should win with ease.

Big games left:

Valley-Wheelersburg
Alex has Trimble and Meigs.
River Valley has Athens.
Harrison Central plays Indian Creek.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Expect a little shake-up. Rock Hill loses to Ironton, and Dover upsets Coshocton.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

It all comes down to three big games this Friday:
River Valley-Athens
Ironton-Chesapeake
Wheelersburg-Valley

The first two games will determine who gets in the #7-#8 position along with Coshocton who should win out.
The Wheelersburg game will determine #1 seed.

Week 10 projections

1. Wheelersburg
2. Zane Trace
3. Alexander
4. Harrison Central
5. Ridgewood
6. Rock Hill
7. Ironton
8. Coshocton

#3-#6 could switch around a little bit.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

after last nights game my week 10 projections are now
1.wheelersburg 25.76
2.alexander 22.1
3.zane trace 21.4
4.harrison central 17.39
5.ridgewood 15.5
6.rock hill 13.72
7.coshocton 13.45
8.ironton 13.25
oak hill 12.14
river valley 11.68

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

If Oak Hill makes it in at 6-4 an Ironton gets left out at 5-5. Then there is a major flaw in the system!!! If Ironton wins last 2 and ends up 6-4 it should take care of itself (i hope)

Return to “Football”