Vinton County Vikings 2015- New Coach, New Offense, New Era?

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: Vinton County Vikings 2015- New Coach, New Offense, New

Post by Eaglepapaw »

louie_15 wrote:How did the Vikes look in their scrimmage? Against Huntington-ross?
Heard Vikings won 18-0.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to VC

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Varsity had 3 turnovers in the first half but the defense stepped up to hold Huntington scoreless.

Varsity first half:
VC-18
Huntington-0

Final:
VC-18
Huntington-0

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

The Vikes defense looked strong. Still need to clean up the run game, but it was evident that the huntsmen were intent to stop the run. They loaded the box wit 8 all night. The passing attack looked good for the most part as two TD's came off of passes. Also had some missed opportunities to score off of turnovers. The VC offense had the ball on about the huntsmen 10 yard line after an int and left some points out there. Over all the Vikes looked good just need to sure some things up on "O" , and they will be very competitive. This is definitely a new coach new era Vikes team. It was apparent that VC has a take what is given philosophy on "O". If any team out there feels like they will take away the run then they will they will throw the ball around and vise versa. Look out for the new look Vikes!

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

3 turnovers Dundas? I remember 1 fumble lost near or in the red zone, what other turnovers did VC have in the first half?

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

Correction 33 fumbled but his forward progress had been stopped so VC maintained possession. No turnover. No turnovers in the first half that I remember. However I am getting old may have missed something. Go VC!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Think he meant change of possession. Where we came away without points. We punted after penalties killed the first drive, turned over on downs after the pick "should have been" six :lol: , and I believe we were stopped and had to punt again befor half time. But we got a pick and scored again right before the half.

The one that I hated to see was after the int when #3 tripped in the red zone on like the 9 yard line. Offense has to score! That's the killer mentality that we have to get! Points off turnovers are huge! To our kids credit it happened right before the half.

Return to “Football”