2015 Wellston at Jackson

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Re: WK1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

I've browsed these forums for a while and finally decided to get an account

I don't know much about Jackson this year, but as usual I am sure coach hall will have those boys ready to play and compete for another 8-2,9-1 or 10-0 season. He has built a steady competitor and it is only a matter of time before they become a consistent winning machine in the playoffs as well, but that is the future. I am a Rocket supporter I grew up in Wellston played for them and currently live there with no plans to leave. But I am a realistic fan, Wellston Vs. Zane Trace in the Jamboree game was a little tough to watch, Wellston has a large line with experience yet they looked slow and had no explosion off of the line they stood tall and had no leverage I felt like on pass plays that were a 3 step drop for the QB turned in to a 5 step sprint and run around (which led to most of Wellstons big plays). they were dominated up front by a much smaller and quicket ZT line. on 6 possessions in the first half, The rockets were only able to muster one score on a heave down the far sideline (I was sitting on the home bleachers) with busted coverage. They have speed at the skill positions don't get me wrong but if it wasn't for that, the Rockets largest gain would of been on a run back and forth for there lives play from the first series of the game on there first play from scrimmage. The defense looked good at times their tackling is much improved over the past few seasons which is good to see, Yet there were times where they lapsed. I feel with a few good practices and the right game Wellston could explode though which is what I hope for Saturday, because they for sure have to talent to be deadly along with what I believe is a great coaching staff with a great offensive and defensive plan a but the biggest spot is the line and that is what I believe it will come down to. My prediction is:

Wellston 21
Jackson 28 or 35

This is a rivalry game and anything can happen just like 2011. Good luck to both teams and hopefully they will both remain injury free. Hopefully history will repeat itself when it comes to week 1 and a new coach.

Dream score:

Wellston 35
Jackson 7

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Gusmacker11 wrote:I've browsed these forums for a while and finally decided to get an account

I don't know much about Jackson this year, but as usual I am sure coach hall will have those boys ready to play and compete for another 8-2,9-1 or 10-0 season. He has built a steady competitor and it is only a matter of time before they become a consistent winning machine in the playoffs as well, but that is the future. I am a Rocket supporter I grew up in Wellston played for them and currently live there with no plans to leave. But I am a realistic fan, Wellston Vs. Zane Trace in the Jamboree game was a little tough to watch, Wellston has a large line with experience yet they looked slow and had no explosion off of the line they stood tall and had no leverage I felt like on pass plays that were a 3 step drop for the QB turned in to a 5 step sprint and run around (which led to most of Wellstons big plays). they were dominated up front by a much smaller and quicket ZT line. on 6 possessions in the first half, The rockets were only able to muster one score on a heave down the far sideline (I was sitting on the home bleachers) with busted coverage. They have speed at the skill positions don't get me wrong but if it wasn't for that, the Rockets largest gain would of been on a run back and forth for there lives play from the first series of the game on there first play from scrimmage. The defense looked good at times their tackling is much improved over the past few seasons which is good to see, Yet there were times where they lapsed. I feel with a few good practices and the right game Wellston could explode though which is what I hope for Saturday, because they for sure have to talent to be deadly along with what I believe is a great coaching staff with a great offensive and defensive plan a but the biggest spot is the line and that is what I believe it will come down to. My prediction is:

Wellston 21
Jackson 28 or 35

This is a rivalry game and anything can happen just like 2011. Good luck to both teams and hopefully they will both remain injury free. Hopefully history will repeat itself when it comes to week 1 and a new coach.

Dream score:

Wellston 35
Jackson 7
You've had an account since 2005 lol

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Gusmacker11 wrote:I've browsed these forums for a while and finally decided to get an account

Wellston 21
Jackson 28 or 35

Dream score:

Wellston 35
Jackson 7
You've had an account since 2005 lol
Yea no I really haven't lol I don't know why it says that actually just got my setup email a few days ago :122248

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

With the schedule Jackson has, if they struggle then it will be a long year for them. However I do not believe they will struggle with Wellston. My prediction is 49-0 Jackson.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ironmen44 wrote:With the schedule Jackson has, if they struggle then it will be a long year for them. However I do not believe they will struggle with Wellston. My prediction is 49-0 Jackson.
Dandy Don is an expert and he says Jackson doesn't stand a chance cause they haven't been putting in any work this summer. You better get with him so he can set you straight on your prediction!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Orange and Brown wrote:Dandy Don is an expert, so I've changed me prediction!

Wellston 54
Jackson 8

Wellston is primed for the biggest turn around in the history of high school football!

FEAR THE YELLOW ROCKETS!
Dandy seems to believe this one will be over after 1 quarter so I'm gonna have to amend my prediction....

The Wellsville yellow bottle rockets 70
The lowly non off season working Ironmen 6

FEAR THE YELLOW BOTTLE ROCKETS!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Ironmen44 wrote:My prediction is 49-0 Jackson.
Can someone alert the state, county and local officials there has been an accidental meth release affecting the city of Jackson please.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Dandy Don wrote:
Ironmen44 wrote:My prediction is 49-0 Jackson.
Can someone alert the state, county and local officials there has been an accidental meth release affecting the city of Jackson please.

Your 34-14 prediction of a Wellston win tells me its affecting all of Jackson Co.
Jackson-34
Wellston-6 (I predict this score will be in garbage time)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

DandyDilDoe wrote:I wish people would quit saying that the only good thing about me is that Jackson is written on my license plate. It really hurts my feelings :aaaaa18 .

Reality is sometimes the truth is hurtful. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

POP

Was that the Wellsburg rocket going off this Friday night?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

noreply66 wrote:POP

Was that the Wellsburg rocket going off this Friday night?
:mrgreen: fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :mrgreen:

I think that was it :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This will be a "mercy rule" game. Jackson rolls.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Uncle,Uncle please Uncle Jack.............son

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to both teams, hope no one gets hurt.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Here's the good and bad for Wellston Saturday night. The good is they will run clock when your down 30 and Jackson will use lots of underclassman on special teams and sub early and next year you get the gate. The bad Wellstons best football player will be standing on Jackson's sidelines and your playing The Jackson Ironmen

Pol pot
SE

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by Pol pot »

Dandy Don wrote:
BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:Hey Dandy Don....How'd those Rockets look in their scrimmage vs Zane Trace? The fact that you have yet to be on here speaks volumes about your ridiculous predictions.
Looked pretty good against the likely SVC champs actually, thanks for asking.

Hate to tell you but ZT is the 3rd best team in the SVC, Paint Valley (defending champions) return everyone for the most part and Unioto returns intact. ZT will battle for 3rd.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote:This will be a "mercy rule" game. Jackson rolls.
Have to agree!

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

What time is the game? Is parking an issue? Thinking about heading over from Charleston and wondering what time I should get there. Since I moved to WV 20 some years ago I have been to the Jackson-Wellston games at Wellston but never at Jackson because it was always on a Friday.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

moonshine wrote:
Paladin wrote:This will be a "mercy rule" game. Jackson rolls.
Have to agree!
Jackson by 40 plus!

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

buckeyes3645 wrote:What time is the game? Is parking an issue? Thinking about heading over from Charleston and wondering what time I should get there. Since I moved to WV 20 some years ago I have been to the Jackson-Wellston games at Wellston but never at Jackson because it was always on a Friday.
Game starts at 8. Parking is not an issue Jackson has nice Facilities other than the small Mount Everest you have to walk up if you park down around the old high school... Not sure if they still run the buses as a shuttle for folks if they have to park down there? I would recommend getting there a little early though.

Return to “Football”