SEOPS Hippo

Re: cg vs pleasant

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE GROVERS

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Coal Grove won't be sucking wind in the second quarter unlike recent memory. Other than that, not sure who Pleasant has back. Both teams will probably be going into this game with blinders on.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I don't know anything about Pleasant but I'll be rooting for them Hornets.

Good luck Hornets........

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

This will be the tell of for the whole season. If the Grove can come out with a victory then that will and should open the eyes of the OVC and the rest of our schedule. I can see great things from the Grove this year it is once again how bad do they want it.

I hope to see a great crowd for the first game, no matter how you feel about how things went with coaching and all of that these boys need and deserve to see that the whole community is behind them and we want them to succeed. I still feel that we can add another OVC trophy to our case this year, and with the full support of our community these boys will play their hearts out to win games.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Assuming Pleasant has some key players back from last year's team, they should win this one. This will definitely tell us where Coal Grove stands though. Absolutely brutal schedule this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Stats I found from an informative article in the Marion Star written last year around playoff time.

Pleasant apparently lost everyone on offense from last year's undefeated team. This includes RBs Cade Lawrence and Kyle Galyk who ran for about 1,200 yards each last year (Galyk also had about 1,000 receiving yards, as well). They also lost QB Ryan Maniaci, who threw for around 2,000 yards, ran for about 500 more, and was responsible for 25 TDs both passing and rushing. They also lost the entire offensive line. Their best returning player on offense is 6'4'' WR Nico Sansotta, who had around 700 receiving yards last year.

Pleasant has made the playoffs quite a few times in recent memory and so I don't know if it's too early to call this a "rebuilding year," but that's a huge amount of offense to replace.

http://www.marionstar.com/story/sports/ ... /19050529/

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Looks like Pleasant lost a lot of defensive production from last year as well.

Lawrence led the squad in tackles with 101 and he also picked off two passes.

McCurdy (a senior who was also a starting offensive lineman) recorded 92 tackles and eight quarterback sacks, senior Kevin Taylor notched 70 tackles, Galyk grabbed six interceptions, senior Bryce McDonald had 18 tackles for losses and an MOAC-high 12 QB sacks, senior Tyler Axline downed the quarterback four times, and Sansotta nabbed three pickoffs.

http://www.marionstar.com/story/sports/ ... 18690355//

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

A new era begins tonight.

Keys to the game: Coal Grove has to come out hitting on all cylinders from the start. Also, if the Grove gets a couple of scores down early no reason to go into panic mode and away from the game plan, we have done this for years now and it never works.

It is simple for the Grove tonight, a week one win against Pleasants and the path to the playoffs gets easier. I feel that they can do it so I am saying:

Coal Grove 34
Pleasants 28

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

pleasant is a lot like burg they don't rebuild, they reload, they have been in the playoffs over 20 times I think, they will come to win I hope the grove is ready.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Pleasant is a traditional power and the Grove is transitioning.

Pleasant by 20.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Good Luck Hornets

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Rooting for The Grove Pleasant seems tough fight to win but I think they could pull the win out with good execution.

Return to “Football”