WK1 Valley @ Portsmouth

coop
SEOPS

WK1 Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by coop »

The Indians and Trojans kick off the season on a Thursday night, should be a big crowd and fun atmosphere. Indians return a lot and look good, but this was a close one last year.

battlecats
JV Team

Re: Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by battlecats »

Watching the game last year, I thought the Trojans really should have won but the experience and winning attitude of Vallet prevailed. Looks like Valley has a good group again so I think it will be close until the 3rd and Valley begins to wear PHS down. I just cant see the Trojans overcoming the new coach, system, etc. to beat a very solid and well coached Indians team this year.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

I don't believe it will be close this year.
Valley is very strong and P-town has lost a lot.

I would suspect things to be much more even next year.

Good luck to both teams.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

My thought on last year's game was that tackling was atrocious on both sides. Valley corrected it and Portsmouth did not.

Valley wins by at least 2 TD's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's another interesting opening game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

these schools are smart to have a game on a Thursday or even Saturday. if the buckeyes play early. they should get a very diverse crowd. plenty of scouting opps.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:these schools are smart to have a game on a Thursday or even Saturday. if the buckeyes play early. they should get a very diverse crowd. plenty of scouting opps.
The Buckeyes don't play until the next Monday night (9/7) so that won't be an issue regardless of whether the game was going to be played on a Thursday night or Saturday night.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I look for Portsmouth to struggle out of the gate, to many questions that need to be answered, I think Coach DUncan will have this group prepared, and I expect improvement each week, that being said, I feel Valley has Portsmouth in a good spot and should control this one from snap one

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GoBucks1047 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:these schools are smart to have a game on a Thursday or even Saturday. if the buckeyes play early. they should get a very diverse crowd. plenty of scouting opps.
The Buckeyes don't play until the next Monday night (9/7) so that won't be an issue regardless of whether the game was going to be played on a Thursday night or Saturday night.
I was talking about anytime during the season. gives people an opportunity to see other teams. for example I live in lake white state park in waverly now. it would be awesome to watch ironton/burg one night and waverly/piketon a day early or a sat.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

This game will be close until kickoff. Valley wins big.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This could be one of those 68-14 type scores.

Valley is a lock for playoffs if they stay healthy.

Trojan Implosion continues.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:
I was talking about anytime during the season. gives people an opportunity to see other teams. for example I live in lake white state park in waverly now. it would be awesome to watch ironton/burg one night and waverly/piketon a day early or a sat.
Ah, gotcha. And that would be awesome for that to happen for you.

As for the Valley-Portsmouth game, I think Portsmouth will only be able to hang around for the 1st quarter, maybe up to halftime if they are lucky, but after that, Valley is going to run away with the game and the W.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

I don't see this being a huge blowout like some people are saying. Portsmouth will be athletic and fast and Valley typically struggles the first game of the year... I think Valley will win but it will be a fun contest to watch

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

i look for this game to be close like last year with valley winning because of their kicking game

LoveMyRedmen
Riding the Bench

Post by LoveMyRedmen »

Portsmouth 28
Valley 27

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth has no defense. This one may get ugly.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I think this will be close for about a half but may get out of hand in the 2nd half. Good experience game
Valley 48
Portsmouth 21

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If Portsmouth has learned to tackle a little better, they can keep it close for a while.

LoveMyRedmen
Riding the Bench

Post by LoveMyRedmen »

Coach Duncan, staff, and players will bring a lot of emotion to this game in 9 days.

I am looking forward to watching the Trojans get after the Indians.

I'd like to see 11 Bobby Bouchers out there on defense for the Trojans.

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

This game has been close for the last few years and I expect The Trojans to stay close in this one. Portsmouth has some talented kids but has failed to develop depth which always shows after a few weeks into the season. Yes defense has been poor but its the lack of depth that is hurting. Here's hoping AD can develop these backups a little better than the recent past and if he does, it could be the start of a turnaround for PHS. It could be a little rough starting out though. Based on the past few years Valley, West and The Burg is a very tough opening slate.

Return to “Football”