Freshman Team

Re: WK1 Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by callie11 »

Are you kidding me? 0 and 10

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It's definitely a possibility. I've seen them play.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

That is by far the worst Portsmouth team that valley has played in this series lots of athletes but no identity on offense

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

izladoom wrote:That is by far the worst Portsmouth team that valley has played in this series lots of athletes but no identity on offense
They had some decent skilled players. And their defense looked better than the past few years. They tackled better. Their offensive line just seemed to struggle all night.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

8/27 H Valley (0-0) [6:21]
9/4 H Portsmouth West (0-0) [5:17]
9/11 H Wheelersburg (0-0) [5:17]
9/18 A Fairland (0-0) [5:17]
9/25 A Ironton (0-0) [5:17]
10/2 A Rock Hill (0-0) [5:17]
10/9 H South Point (0-0) [5:17]
10/16 H Chesapeake (0-0) [6:21]
10/23 H Dawson-Bryant (0-0) [6:21]
10/30 A Waverly (0-0) [4:14]

I have seen A LOT worse teams than Portsmouth looked tonight... i see them being competitive against Fairland, South Point, Rock Hill, Chesapeake and having chances against Coal Grove and Waverly... pretty sure they will win some of those games

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I just hope Portsmouth gives Aaron Duncan and this staff a chance to do something. There is no way in hell you could turn this program around immediately. It's been that far off for a while. But they have had a few athletes to fill in and make it 3-7, 4-6 or whatever. Aaron is the best chance this town has (in my mind) to turn it around. This is gonna sound wrong perhaps. And it's not at all meant to!!! But all the areas of Portsmouth have to get behind and play on this team... The Ville... Sunrise.... East side..... All of it...!! The best coach for that task is Aaron. He is a good person. A good football mind.. And NOBODY could have a bigger heart or treat people with more respect than he can. If you're Portsmouth, you better either get behind this guy or forget it. Because he is the best chance you have. Great job tonight Indians!! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

lineman7 wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Did both teams come away healthy? Did reserves get quality game time? Congrats to the Indians and best of luck to the Trojans.
Surprisingly valley played starters till the very end.

The running clock was the reason. Valley ran the kickoff back and then only got maybe 2 offensive possessions the whole second half? and one of those ended after 3 plays with the tipped INT... The whole second half last maybe 40 minutes total
I fully understand if they only had 2 offensive series. Pleased to hear there weren't any significant injuries and I'm hoping that's the case with both teams.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

First of all, a very good and focused effort out of a senior-led Indian team. They came out did exactly what they needed to do. This offense is flat out explosive and will only get better. Weapons everywhere and depth on the fronts. I loved what I seen out of the Indians last night.

As for Portsmouth, anyone predicting 0-10 is just being nuts and obviously has not seen any OVC football lately. The Trojan team I seen last night could line up in the Power I (Like they did last night) and run it down the throats of 3 teams on their schedule. Is Portsmouth a good football team? No they aren't. But using a game against a team with the experience and talent that our Indians have as proof that 0-10 could be in the cards is just flat out crazy. Portsmouth will be just fine and will win 3-4 games and compete in several others.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO OUR OVC BROTHERS , THE PORTSMOUTH TROJANS.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I saw all of the ovc teams in preview and they will struggle in every game except fairland. Offensively they are more sound but they are not going to push anyone around. The defense looked very soft. A strong valley team easily handled a weak team. On a further note, I agree in the Duncan Assesment. I think he will do a great job there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oops, I forgot that game was last night. I figured this would be the outcome. but I said go Trojans cause pmow was rootin for dem dang pesky pirates.
wow what has happened to Portsmouth. and valley has made themselves into just an awesome program under crabby.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I spect a bunch of you sowdy county boys will be at the tank rootin for them dang pirates won't you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well it hain't gonna help them. ironton wins this one.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote:I saw all of the ovc teams in preview and they will struggle in every game except fairland. Offensively they are more sound but they are not going to push anyone around. The defense looked very soft. A strong valley team easily handled a weak team. On a further note, I agree in the Duncan Assesment. I think he will do a great job there.
I'll give you Rock Hill and 14 points. Avatar bet? I'll rock the Pirate if Portsmouth doesn't win by two scores and you sport the Indian head if they do?
:12223 :12223

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey how's my ole corn hole partner crab's brother.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:hey how's my ole corn hole partner crab's brother.
Living the dream, Bait. Think I'm coming up to watch your boys tonight.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Crab's brother wrote:First of all, a very good and focused effort out of a senior-led Indian team. They came out did exactly what they needed to do. This offense is flat out explosive and will only get better. Weapons everywhere and depth on the fronts. I loved what I seen out of the Indians last night.

As for Portsmouth, anyone predicting 0-10 is just being nuts and obviously has not seen any OVC football lately. The Trojan team I seen last night could line up in the Power I (Like they did last night) and run it down the throats of 3 teams on their schedule. Is Portsmouth a good football team? No they aren't. But using a game against a team with the experience and talent that our Indians have as proof that 0-10 could be in the cards is just flat out crazy. Portsmouth will be just fine and will win 3-4 games and compete in several others.

Exactly how I see it. Someone with some sense. Trojans will win a few.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Crab's brother wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:hey how's my ole corn hole partner crab's brother.
Living the dream, Bait. Think I'm coming up to watch your boys tonight.
we'd love to have ya'll brother.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm very proud of valley's program. just such a complete turn around, great facilities. great parking. now if we can just get that pesky Trojan bunch back on track. looking for more Trojan/tiger wars. I would love to see a valley/ironton series sometime as well.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I saw two things last night. 1. Portsmouth has improved from last season, but still have a long way to go. They should win a couple games this season. 2. Valley is good! Oline blocks very well and the qb is outstanding. Personally I think valley is just as good now as they were at the end of last season.

Return to “Football”