WK1 Piketon vs. Waverly

Omega
SEOPS H

WK1 Piketon vs. Waverly

Post by Omega »

Have not seen a topic on this Pike County match up. Does the court house stay in Waverly or does it move to Piketon?

toast
All State

Re: Week One / Piketon Versus Waverly

Post by toast »

This game is scheduled for Friday, August 28 at 7:00. This will be the first football game played on Waverly's new turf field. As most people know last year our field was beyond terrible. We now have one of if not the nicest fields in Southern Ohio. The entire complex is beautiful! New lights, restrooms, stands, lockers, concessions, fencing, etc…. The difference a year can make :) And a BOE that values all facets of public education.

As for the teams maybe someone can enlighten us. Both lost some key players to graduation and both return a nice nucleus. Waverly defense did look good in their scrimmage against Miami Trace. Expect a big and enthusiastic crowd for this season opener.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it looks awesome from the pictures I seen smurray put up. and ole bait lives here at the bayou now, but I go to a church full of redstreakers and tigers. so I better just stay neutralized here. but I gotta feelin---------------------

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I see Waverly being much improved from last year. After watching Piketon in a scrimmage, they have size but lack speed.

I will go with

Piketon 14
Waverly 28

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

The Tigers take this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

After getting manhandled by Miami Trace last year either the Tigers are a much better team and way more physical then last year or Miami Trace is not near as good as a year ago. I conclude the Tigers are much better.
Waverly looked pretty good against the Panthers and will only get better before the Piketon game. Tiger defense is playing way more physical and aggressive. Tigers with good size and team speed.
Offense will be lead by two very capable and talented athletes in Junior Logan Cottonbrook and Soph Clayton Howell. Two completely different styles of QB. The Tailback position is in good hands with Junior Drew Harris with at least 2 nice back ups. Tigers with at least 3 good receivers in Senior Mason Chapman, Junior Cade Marquez, and Junior Tariq Gilbert. All three with great hands.
Of course it all starts up front with as the Buckeyes call them, the slobs. Waverly is as deep on the line as they've been in recent years and should they stay healthy these guys should get better and better as the year goes along. 4 of last years starters on the line return and they are another year bigger, stronger, quicker, smarter, and hungrier. The key is keeping these guys healthy. Tigers have suffered too many injuries the past couple years.
Don't have any idea what the Streaks bring to brand new renovated Raidiger Field but the Tigers will be ready and prepared.
The Tigers are ready to welcome you to the JUNGLE!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Is there a Web site I could go to and see pics of the new stadium? BTW Waverly wins this game!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BurgGrad_06,
I have somewhere around 1,500 photos on my Facebook, lol. Friend request me and you can check them out.
Steve Murray

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The Streaks have several starters back from last year, I'd say 6-7 on each side of the ball. Have to replace skill positions on offense. It will take a team effort to make the long drive home down Route 23 with a 1-0 record. GO STREAKS!!!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

smurray, would you bring a copy of Waverly's roster to church on Sunday? I'll be helping with the radio broadcast for 100.1 Thanks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

see what I mean , I'm plumb smack dab in the middle of redstreaks n tigers in my church pew.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You got it Mike

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How'd the Streaks look Friday night? Tigers went through the motions in the first half. Received an "adjustment" at halftime and played with great intensity and passion in the 3rd quarter.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Good recap of the Southeastern game smurray.

The number one takeaway for Waverly from Friday's game should be they can't come out "flat" and hope to be successful. I have no idea what took place at halftime but the Tiger team that played the second half didn't even remotely resemble the team that played the first half! Their demeanor and energy were completely different and that lead to a totally different result. Hope we have some senior leaders who step up and make sure the team is ready to play with intensity and emotion each game.

I like this team. Both QB's bring something different to the table and both are very good. This should be the best defense we've had since we went 19-1 over two seasons a few years ago. The first game on Waverly's new turf is going to be special. I hear Piketon is big and physical. Better get there early or plan on standing.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

This game will be close, (only 1 game has seen more than a 11 point difference in 6 years). Waverlys speed on D is good, Piketon has some big boys up front. You want the keys to this game, whoever makes the least big mistakes (turnovers, major penalties etc.) wins this one! With that, Go Streaks!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good luck everybody.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Waverly won 34-6 last year.. I don't know, (with all the returning starters for Waverly) that Piketon can make this close. I'm not seeing it..... Waverly team speed will be the difference

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

How did Piketon look on their scrimmage against Portsmouth east ?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Wow that field looks awesome! I am really going with the Tigers now to win big. Thought they were going to win already but I think the boys will be so fired up to defend their house and make a good showing that they will play their butts off! Tigers by 3 scores!!

Return to “Football”