Itonton & Burg

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Itonton & Burg

Post by TrojanXplosion »

After watching this one, I have no clue what to take from it.

First game jitters? Both seemed very down.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Neither team is down. Both teams are very talented. That's the best I've seen Palladino run. He's explosive. Also young is a beast at linebacker. Too many penalties for both teams and it was well officiated.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Officials missed way to many procedure calls, irontons backs were jumping the snap a lot more than it was called.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

You could tell it was the first game for both teams. I still don't understand Ironton's play calling.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Ironton should of won. They got out-everythinged by Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I thought they could have, yes. But should have, no. Burg made the plays, when ironton didn't.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

game day wrote:You could tell it was the first game for both teams. I still don't understand Ironton's play calling.
Evidently the guy calling the plays didn't either..............

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

local superstar wrote:Ironton should of won. They got out-everythinged by Burg.
not sure how you can come up with "ironton should have won" when they were "out everythinged"

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

As I see it The Wheelersburg offense has an identity crisis. The zone read option offense is not this teams strength. I think the Wheelersburg coaches will figure it out but the run threat from the QB is not like it has been the last few years. They must tailor the offense around his strengths. He is more of a drop back passer, throws a great ball. For the Pirates to be productive they will need to rethink the zone read offense. Defense will carry them until the coaches figure it out. Great win for the Pirates.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

fbnut wrote:
not sure how you can come up with "ironton should have won" when they were "out everythinged"

LOL! That is funny right there Fbnut. I agree........

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

then what i think you have an identity crisis. makes no sense what you said about the offense. great play calling from the coaches. ironton has a very talented team. the coaches and players game planned to our strengths at the appropriate times in the game. we played smart. your posts are funny though.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

then what wrote:
fbnut wrote:

LOL! That is funny right there Fbnut. I agree........
I don't believe they were out everythinged except where it counted, the score.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 82ead.html

---------------W I

First downs 12 14

Total Yards 178 246

Rushes-yards 33-128 41-205

Passing 50 41

Comp-Att-Int 6-10-0 6-12-1

Fumbles-Lost 1-0 2-1

Penalties-Yards 12-95 9-70

The bottom line, both Teams have some things to work on and both Teams have the potential to be really good come Playoff time.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Ironton has the players to win Ballgames. What a lot of coaches wouldn't give to have this group of players. JMO and I stand by what I said.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Are those penalty stats from the paper above correct? Everyone is talking about without the mistakes Ironton would have won but based on those stats the burg won despite having more penaltys and more penalty yardage. Give the burg kids and coaches some credit I beleive their team motto this year is "find a way" and that's exactly what they did.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

eddie wrote:then what i think you have an identity crisis. makes no sense what you said about the offense. great play calling from the coaches. ironton has a very talented team. the coaches and players game planned to our strengths at the appropriate times in the game. we played smart. your posts are funny though.

Our offense struggled all night is all I'm saying. The stats show it 176 total yards is not very good. Yes we won at Ironton and we did get yards when it counted however changes to the offensive has to happen. Throwing the ball 10 times is not going to cut it. The Howard kid did not get the ball in space enough. What we ran Friday is full of tendencies. The coaches are great and will figure out the best way forward. I will be a great year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fbnut wrote:Are those penalty stats from the paper above correct? Everyone is talking about without the mistakes Ironton would have won but based on those stats the burg won despite having more penaltys and more penalty yardage. Give the burg kids and coaches some credit I beleive their team motto this year is "find a way" and that's exactly what they did.
I would have thought the Penalty/yards were just the opposite. I thought Ironton had way more penalties than that, seemed like they had about that many on one Drive.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Stats from the Ironton Tribune

http://www.irontontribune.com/2015/08/3 ... -mistakes/

-------------Wh--Irn

First downs 11 14

Rushes-yards 36-142 40-251

Passing yards 42 42

Total yards 184 293

Cmp-Att-Int 6-10-0 6-13-1

Fumbles-lost 1-0 2-1

Penalties-yards 10-75 10-92

Punts-average 3-38.0 2-33.5

Individual Leaders

RUSHING —Wheelersburg: Jordan Howard 19-119 2TD, Chasen Burk 6-18, Kyle Davis 9-minus 12, Xander Carmichael 2-7; Ironton: D’Angelo Palladino 20-141 TD, Andrew Barker 10-28, Desmond Young 4-14, Jake Isaac 6-26.

PASSING — Wheelersburg: Kyle Davis 6-9-0 42; Ironton: Jake Isaac 6-12-1 42.

RECEIVING — Wheelersburg: Chasen Burk 5-38, Jordan Howard 1-4; Ironton: Travis Carey 4-25, Andrew Barker 2-17.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

fbnut wrote:Are those penalty stats from the paper above correct? Everyone is talking about without the mistakes Ironton would have won but based on those stats the burg won despite having more penaltys and more penalty yardage. Give the burg kids and coaches some credit I beleive their team motto this year is "find a way" and that's exactly what they did.
where did u learn math ? china?????????

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Stats are useless , go to the bottom line and see who the winner was. Except for the big run and it was a good one. Ironton never really threatened all evening long.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
where did u learn math ? china?????????
I could be wrong but I looked at the stats from the herald dispatch article above I went straight down under the W side beside the penalties-yards 12-95. I then went under the side with the I, went straight down beside the penalties-yards 9-70. wasn't really much math to it.

Return to “Football”