WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

courier
All Conference

Re: WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by courier »

My comments weren't directed at you The Burg has been given very little credit for stopping the state bound Ironton Tigers, as some have tried to trump up since early summer. This site is full of whining and excuse making from Tiger land. it's all about the woulda, coulda, shoulda and ifs. Now, i'd bet my last dollar and three retirement checks there will be posters come on here and tell us how the mighty TIgers have turned things around after they have knocked off the powerhouses in RH, SP, CG, Chessie Portsmouth,Ashland and Russell. Do you care to make a wager?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd like to think my posts aren't whiny---I try to be as honest and accurate as I can. painful er not.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:I'm not whining. Our coaches had horrible play calling and are lacking in a lot of ways. Burg beat us straight up, but intentionally going after a player in the manner the Burg backers did is wrong and needs to be addressed.
Remember this is the same poster that after week 12 game last year stated that Ironton was 5tds better than burg, not only that he stated burg fans told him that Ironton should have been a 5td favorite. I think he also stated the late hit, horse collar 8 yds deep in end zone that broke the burg kids ankle wasn't a cheep shot.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

FIDO I guarantee there will be and we know who they are.

They were and that wasn't a cheap shot unnecessary yes and he did get penalized for it. It wasn't a horse collar either. You just don't pay attention to the game do you.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

tigercannon71 wrote:FIDO I guarantee there will be and we know who they are.

They were and that wasn't a cheap shot unnecessary yes and he did get penalized for it. It wasn't a horse collar either. You just don't pay attention to the game do you.
Yes, I know, and I'm just joshing you a little.. :mrgreen:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:FIDO I guarantee there will be and we know who they are.

I actually have it paused right now on my tv and it appears to be a horse collar.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Back to the Ironton- Russell game. I sure wish the Tigers would learn how to field a punt.

Last week the same thing, let the punt hit the ground and roll 20 to 25 yards every time.

That puts them in terrible field position.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

We haven't been able to field a punt forever. Fundamentals used to be the foundation of Ironton teams now we find ourselves lacking in those areas. In this game we need to just forget all the fancy crap go out and hit somebody and get back on track. Forget passing forget sweeps. Line up in the T or I and run the 50 series straight at Russell and get our line some work blocking people.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Finals

Ashland, KY ---------------- 26 (2-0)
George Washington, WV - 25

Beechwood, KY -- 48 (2-0)
Somerset, KY ---- 14

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

no sense in cheap shots anywhere by anyone!!! you guys( BURG) are 8-2 or 7-3 at best and take this to the bank A EARLY EXIT IN PLAYOFFS REGARDLESS WHO YOU PLAY

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

sports junkie wrote:Back to the Ironton- Russell game. I sure wish the Tigers would learn how to field a punt.

Last week the same thing, let the punt hit the ground and roll 20 to 25 yards every time.

That puts them in terrible field position.
put 2 guys back if no threat of fake punt

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:My comments weren't directed at you The Burg has been given very little credit for stopping the state bound Ironton Tigers, as some have tried to trump up since early summer. This site is full of whining and excuse making from Tiger land. it's all about the woulda, coulda, shoulda and ifs. Now, i'd bet my last dollar and three retirement checks there will be posters come on here and tell us how the mighty TIgers have turned things around after they have knocked off the powerhouses in RH, SP, CG, Chessie Portsmouth,Ashland and Russell. Do you care to make a wager?
I give Burg all the credit for the win.
They performed when necessary Ironton did not.
Coach Vass never said they lost to Wheelersburg do to none calls and I agree.
Ironton did not execute when needed.
Wheelersburg is a very good team and will win a lot of games this year I look forward to meeting them again in the playoffs and do hope the results will be different when and if they do meet in the playoffs.
Till then I wish Wheelersburg and it's fans nothing but the best and pray they remain injury free and may the teams they play also remain injury free.
Till Next time Ironton and Burg meet good luck.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Finals

Ashland, KY ---------------- 26 (2-0)
George Washington, WV - 25

Beechwood, KY -- 48 (2-0)
Somerset, KY ---- 14
Ashland is going to be a beast this year as well as Beechwood but right now Russell is the focus and they will not go to easy

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

maniac66 wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:My comments weren't directed at you The Burg has been given very little credit for stopping the state bound Ironton Tigers, as some have tried to trump up since early summer. This site is full of whining and excuse making from Tiger land. it's all about the woulda, coulda, shoulda and ifs. Now, i'd bet my last dollar and three retirement checks there will be posters come on here and tell us how the mighty TIgers have turned things around after they have knocked off the powerhouses in RH, SP, CG, Chessie Portsmouth,Ashland and Russell. Do you care to make a wager?
I give Burg all the credit for the win.
They performed when necessary Ironton did not.
Coach Vass never said they lost to Wheelersburg do to none calls and I agree.
Ironton did not execute when needed.
Wheelersburg is a very good team and will win a lot of games this year I look forward to meeting them again in the playoffs and do hope the results will be different when and if they do meet in the playoffs.
Till then I wish Wheelersburg and it's fans nothing but the best and pray they remain injury free and may the teams they play also remain injury free.
Till Next time Ironton and Burg meet good luck.
Nothing directed at you or the majority of ironton folks...As I said, SOME on here are living in fantasy land.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I can't believe this stuff is still being discussed. Will think about that if there is a re-match like last year!
There's more post in here about the past than the actual Russell game about to start. BS

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Let's go tigers! Get it done!!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Show'em how to play the game, TIGERS! Any updates?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Show'em how to play the game, TIGERS! Any updates?

1st QTR 3:39

Russell - 6
Ironton - 0

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Ironton run game not working at all, no threat of a pass to be seen.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Russell is the more physical team!

Return to “Football”