WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by wobycat »

FalconFan wrote:People jumped all over me when I suggested Wheelersburg and Ironton aren't amazing this year.

Ironton is a strange team to figure out. So many returning TALENTED players and this is the product? You can have a great stable of backs but if the blocking isn't there, it doesn't matter. The line play is pathetic.

Bash the staff all you want, the players play and they know how much talent they have. I've seen good teams with a bad coaching staff before and you can still win ball games.

Some would argue Portsmouth did it for years!
You contradict yourself with not amazing and so many talented players. First Russell is a good team this year, that was noted earlier. Second Palladino is a threat everytime he touches the ball. Take him out and you can pin your ears back. Third this staff reacts poorly to adversity.

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Post by queenofhearts »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I could smell the horrible coaching through my iPhone in Orlando. @ least I had the balls to call for a new coach last week. Listening, The coaching was the worst i could have ever imagined.They've gotta finish out the season with enough to field a team &@this point, that looks like a tall task. Penalties & 5 turnovers in second half was just pathetic. It will take 6-years with a new coach to rebuild IHS to a consistent winning team. I don't care who that pisses off, as it needs to be addressed & acted upon.
Several posters have mentioned they don't have the correct last name to be on the coaching staff. I don't get that hint with their name not starting with a "B". Maybe it's because I'm to far away in Florida? There's coach Vass. Toby Schreck, & Tim Thomas in some capacity. I cannot find the complete list anywhere. I would love to find a link. I'd also would like to know what coach we list to Rock Hill.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark lutz is the coach that's now at RH.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
fbnut wrote:One ironton poster predicted 2 ironton wins to start the season by a combined score of 70-0. It's taken 2 weeks to wipe out 3 months worth of hype.
That's nothing it's taken 2 years to wipe out 40 years of a powerhouse winning tradition team.
Are you the same person that work hard running off Coach Triplett and his staff? I tried to tell you that Ironton had the right coach but no not you!! I guess you are still in the stands with your Mom eating your nacho's.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

ironton defense deserves a A+ no team can stand for being on field defending your own goal as many times as ironton did to give up 14 pts to burg and 18 to Russell should tell any HEAD COACH WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE!! IRONTON SHOULD BE 2-0 RIGHT NOW

the problem isn't stupid penalty's (and yes the hit on QB at end was stupid) nor is the problem injurys!! the ONLY problem with this team is OFFENSE PLAY CALLER (not vass from what im told) you have 0 football knowledge whoever you are I think you and the announcer must been watching more of the Alabama / Wisconsin game than you was IRONTON/RUSSELL GAME. you had atleast 2 td's had you had a hot/goto (audible) play called when you lined up in that god awful formation u call a (t , I , power formation pee wee league football stuff , when Russell seen this formation they had ALL 11 PLAYERS within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage if you aint smart enough to call either tight end pass play on a play action pass then there is no help for you!!!

what should vass due its simple
1. tell ______ thanks for your time and services but you WILL not call another play for my OFFENSE as long as im still head coach you can finish out the year as sideline bystander or whaterver or go do whatever but you are DONE PLAY CALLING.

2. if vass cant do that or don't see OFFENSE PLAY CALLING is the problem then he as a head coach should be done also
3. promise yourself that from game 3 on you WILL RARELY LINE UP IN THAT PEEWEE FOOTBALL FORMATION YOU CALL POWER RUNNING (SOME1 IS GOING TO GET HURT BAD IN THAT FORMATION)

TO SCORE A TOTAL OF 20 PTS IN 2 GAMES SUMS UP THE PROBLEM AGAIN THE OFFENSE PLAY CALLER MUST VACATE IMMEDIATELY HE HAS 0 0 0 0 FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE

THE POWER RUNNING FORMATION NEEDS ABANDONED IMMEDIATELY ALSO ITS FROM THE STONE AGE AS IN FLINTSTONES GET RID OF IT

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

zebra77 wrote:Ironton's biggest problem is not Vass, IMO he's a good manager, it's his staff that he is saddled with that's like an anchor around his neck, get rid of family members and find some knowledgeable football people that can teach the game and the technics needed to play a competitive game. And teach these kids some discipline during practices to cut down on the penalties, and if they can't be disciplined cut their booty from the team, no matter how good of a player they are, quit babying them and toughen them up I've never seen so many players that can't play because of a freakin' bruised ego.
I agree with this post but I am still not sure Vass should be head coach but lets see what changes he makes next year. Might be a new address LOL

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

OSU 77 wrote:
zebra77 wrote:Ironton's biggest problem is not Vass, IMO he's a good manager, it's his staff that he is saddled with that's like an anchor around his neck, get rid of family members and find some knowledgeable football people that can teach the game and the technics needed to play a competitive game. And teach these kids some discipline during practices to cut down on the penalties, and if they can't be disciplined cut their booty from the team, no matter how good of a player they are, quit babying them and toughen them up I've never seen so many players that can't play because of a freakin' bruised ego.
I agree with this post but I am still not sure Vass should be head coach but lets see what changes he makes next year. Might be a new address LOL
THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLER IS MAKING VASS LOOK LIKE A FOOL

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
OSU 77 wrote:
THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLER IS MAKING VASS LOOK LIKE A FOOL

I agree Vass should take control!!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Amazing.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Holding burg to 14 is not a big deal ,burg dontHAve a great offense and no passing game at all except for short pass they had 2 more scores against Ironton with a good QB tigerz just not good either valley would wax both teems

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I could smell the horrible coaching through my iPhone in Orlando. @ least I had the balls to call for a new coach last week. Listening, The coaching was the worst i could have ever imagined.They've gotta finish out the season with enough to field a team &@this point, that looks like a tall task. Penalties & 5 turnovers in second half was just pathetic. It will take 6-years with a new coach to rebuild IHS to a consistent winning team. I don't care who that pisses off, as it needs to be addressed & acted upon.
Several posters have mentioned they don't have the correct last name to be on the coaching staff. I don't get that hint with their name not starting with a "B". Maybe it's because I'm to far away in Florida? There's coach Vass. Toby Schreck, & Tim Thomas in some capacity. I cannot find the complete list anywhere. I would love to find a link. I'd also would like to know what coach we list to Rock Hill.
someone told me the guy you mentioned " Toby Schreck" he is the play caller ????

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:Holding burg to 14 is not a big deal ,burg dontHAve a great offense and no passing game at all except for short pass they had 2 more scores against Ironton with a good QB tigerz just not good either valley would wax both teems
We will see soon..

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

gametime wrote:
Gus wrote:
tigerfan98 wrote:talented ironton team potential unlimited but, bad coaching, fumbles, tons of penalties, special teams is horrible, play calling passing with 6 minutes left and the lead, Russell put that conley at rb and ran qb sneak every play we couldn't stop it, yes key injuries, but we gave them the ball in our territory the whole game. Bring Hammer back, to at least run the offense
He will be Rock Hills next head coach.
Why bring Rock Hill into this
Because Rock Hill has been begging for a new coach for 5 years now. Take the compliment, you all are getting a good one!

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: CG-Ironton fan. Can I pick em or what. I respect the tigers but their expectations were way to big this yr

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: CG-Ironton fan. Can I pick em or what. I respect the tigers but their expectations were way to big this yr
I knew you was right on I have read some of your post!!! LOL perhaps you could ESP the offensive coordinator about his HORRIBLE play selections!!!

expectations never high from me, a state championship is almost impossible to win , but on the other hand a week 11.12.13 game with a burg or someone else should be par for the course!!!

more than likely ironton will not see week 11 but you never know the region is so WEAK (some big team loss this week ) ANYTHING is possilbe

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Head Coach - Mark Vass

Assistan Coaches

Tanner Duty
Red Burcham
Daniel Murphy
Mike Freeman
Brian Bowling
Joe Rowe
Clark Collins
Trent Carpenter
Brett Thomas
Tobey Schrec

Mark Lutz is at Rock Hill now, JR High Coach

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
ROY MUNSUN wrote:Holding burg to 14 is not a big deal ,burg dontHAve a great offense and no passing game at all except for short pass they had 2 more scores against Ironton with a good QB tigerz just not good either valley would wax both teems
We will see soon..
see I knew all along roy was a Portsmouth guy. so he'll get to see Friday I spect.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
We will see soon..
see I knew all along roy was a Portsmouth guy. so he'll get to see Friday I spect.
Well I just find it funny that he thinks burg has no passing game.. haha we were 6-10 & 8-9 in our 2 games. I think burg is just fine in that area. Not to mention we have arguably the best receiver in southeastern ohio (chasen burk).

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well good luck to Portsmouth because of being ovc. but this might get shall I say ugly.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The passing game will evolve Roy. Can't hang your hat on 2 games where the running game was all that was needed. Burg's O is definitely different than years past however, they still have the threat to stretch the field at any time. Burg has a quality schedule and they will be battle tested by the time the Indians are on the radar.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:The passing game will evolve Roy. Can't hang your hat on 2 games where the running game was all that was needed. Burg's O is definitely different than years past however, they still have the threat to stretch the field at any time. Burg has a quality schedule and they will be battle tested by the time the Indians are on the radar.
hey jolly I know you don't like me LOL but its that other burg dude that has me worried hes going to expect me to walk to burg mcdonalds LOL

I have a legit burg question does your jr high / freshman USE multiple formations on offense ?

Return to “Football”