Notre Dame @ Manchester predictions???

streetballer
Varsity

Notre Dame @ Manchester predictions???

Post by streetballer »

Who wins???

niholly
Freshman Team

Re: Notre Dame @ Manchester predictions???

Post by niholly »

Until Manchester can prove they can man up and beat Notre Dame in the trenches, have to go with Notre Dame. Manchester can have all the horses in the stable they want but if you can't block and you can't game plan to beat a more physical team then you'll always find yourself on the losing end of that battle.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Going with the boys down the river in this one. Cook has the Greyhounds ready to beat nd.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

ND.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Hounds

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Greygoose wrote:Until Manchester can prove they can man up and beat Notre Dame in the trenches, have to go with Notre Dame. Manchester can have all the horses in the stable they want but if you can't block and you can't game plan to beat a more physical team then you'll always find yourself on the losing end of that battle.

I think this is the game that Manchester does in Notre Dame. Should be a good game. But I'll take Manchester.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

pmow3 wrote:
Greygoose wrote:Until Manchester can prove they can man up and beat Notre Dame in the trenches, have to go with Notre Dame. Manchester can have all the horses in the stable they want but if you can't block and you can't game plan to beat a more physical team then you'll always find yourself on the losing end of that battle.

I think this is the game that Manchester does in Notre Dame. Should be a good game. But I'll take Manchester.
Oh, I'm not saying Manchester can't beat them. Simply going off last couple years where they thought they could handle them and got manhandled in the trenches until they can prove otherwise that they're ready to go toe to toe with them it's Notre Dames game. Game plan is simple for Notre Dame our front 5 are better then your front 5 toss in a blitz every down, Manchester's game plan is simple I have more playmakers and they're better then your playmakers. Question is which strategy holds true and which coach makes the adjustment if his game plan isn't working.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I agree...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like to see the Hounds go 2 and 0 but it will be difficult.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

get er done dame

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Did they call the game to be finished tomorrow? Or are they playing it tonight?

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Controversial ending but ND pulled off the win with a last second fg..a lot of questionable non calls which effected the game alot..but job well done by Manchester

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Game ending FG, ND-55, Manchester-54

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Coach from ND runs a play then decided to say before he ran the play that he had called a time out..once u run a play u can not call a timeout but yet the refs give it to him..most bogus ending to a game I've ever seen

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Referring in this game was at best a 2 out of 10. They kept the game in their hands most of the night. Notre Dame shot itself in the foot after being up 2 TD's and turning the ball over late allowing Hounds to take the lead.

If a coach does call timeout, there is no way he can go out and say he called timeout and get a do-over, so saying the refs gave it to him after the fact is false. Sometimes calling timeout may be seen as soon as the play goes off and they blow a whistle late, this is more likely the case.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Quit complaining about the refs in a game that ended with a game ending FG for the win. Score was 55-54 hardly doubt the referees played some huge aspect in this game. Instead of applauding both teams for their performance you want to criticize the one thing you can't control. ND ran a play called a TO after the play final timeout runs FG unit on kids makes FG. Don't diminish what Manchester accomplished on that night you're looking at a team that has had it handed to them over the yrs again ND and sounds like they clawed their way within just seconds of winning it.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Were you at the game? If so, then you would see how bad it was both ways. A ref should not be a deciding factor in a game, and the calls they were making on each team seemed like they were trying make notice that they were there. Some unsportsmanlike conducts on both teams that were pretty petty stuff were getting called, a few pass interference, etc. but that is the game I guess.

Did I take away from either teams performance? Want me to pat them on the back and say "great job"? Would that make you feel better?

Notre Dame was up 2 TD's, they fumble and an interception on what looked to be a blown route or qb confusion that resulted in 2 scores by Manchester that gave them the lead. So you tell me, is that not shooting yourself in the foot? Notre Dame didn't punt the entire game, and scoring came often to both teams. If you don't fumble the ball and score, we're not even discussing this as a close game. But I didn't say that at all. Seems like you want to put words into my mouth as if I'm bad mouthing the Hounds.

Notre Dame calls timeout with 4 seconds left on the clock and they end up with 2 seconds left to kick. Sorry you are not making any sense about the timeout situation.

Why are you so hung up on me diminishing Manchester and what they accomplished? Those words never came out of my mouth ever.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

JS7_22 wrote:Were you at the game? If so, then you would see how bad it was both ways. A ref should not be a deciding factor in a game, and the calls they were making on each team seemed like they were trying make notice that they were there. Some unsportsmanlike conducts on both teams that were pretty petty stuff were getting called, a few pass interference, etc. but that is the game I guess.

Did I take away from either teams performance? Want me to pat them on the back and say "great job"? Would that make you feel better?

Notre Dame was up 2 TD's, they fumble and an interception on what looked to be a blown route or qb confusion that resulted in 2 scores by Manchester that gave them the lead. So you tell me, is that not shooting yourself in the foot? Notre Dame didn't punt the entire game, and scoring came often to both teams. If you don't fumble the ball and score, we're not even discussing this as a close game. But I didn't say that at all. Seems like you want to put words into my mouth as if I'm bad mouthing the Hounds.

Notre Dame calls timeout with 4 seconds left on the clock and they end up with 2 seconds left to kick. Sorry you are not making any sense about the timeout situation.

Why are you so hung up on me diminishing Manchester and what they accomplished? Those words never came out of my mouth ever.
Wasn't talking about you, but since you mention it you believe ND shot themselves in the foot?? Guess the 2 turnovers Manchester means had they not turned it over it definitely would've been a different outcome then. Everything ND did to shoot themselves in the foot, Manchester done the exact same things. Everything goes back to wasn't talking to you, sorry to burst your ND bubble.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Who Did let the Dogs out ?

Return to “Football”