Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

Post by bluedevil21 »

thoughts on how this will play out
Last edited by bluedevil21 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

superblue
All Conference

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ Washington

Post by superblue »

We should know in two weeks how this will play out........lol..... believe we play river valley next....

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ Washington

Post by bluedevil21 »

my bad max preps did not have the river valley game on the page

kvnchambers
Varsity

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

Post by kvnchambers »

Well from what i saw from week 1 river valley has a huge edge in special teams. Kicking game and return game both looks very good. Otherwise think this will be a pretty good match up. It was hard to tell what river valley really has against a bad Rock Hill team. Did notice a lot of cut back runs so blue defense will have to stay at home and not over pursue. Think the blue devils will continue to improve this week. My guess is that it is a one score game going into the 4th quarter again. If Blue wants to have a chance to win. Must avoid the ply they have once in a while where they are just not ready.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis, 0-1, will hit the road again this week by traveling to Bidwell to take on county rival River Valley, 1-0, at 7:30 p.m. for a rare Saturday night high school grid game.

It will be the eighth meeting between the schools, and first since 2000. The Blue Devils lead the series with 7 wins against I loss. That one loss came in 1996 when Jimmy Gilmore, son of current GAHS Hall of Famer Jim Gilmore ran wild in a 21-0 Raider victory.

River Valley opened its 2015 season with a 26-0 win over Rock Hill. Gallipolis lost its opener 26-12 to host Meigs.
Here's the all-time series record between the two teams.
Year G M
1994 53 0
1995 38 8
1996 0 21
1997 23 7
1998 53 6
1999 43 7
2000 41 0
2015 ? ?
Totals 253 49
GAHS Won 7, lost 1.

Last Friday, Kaileb Sheets and Cody Bartrum led Meigs to a 26-12 win over GAHS . Sheets rushed for 207 yards in 16 attempts. Bartrum gained 30 yards in six tries. Both scored two touchdowns each. Kole Carter was Gallia Academy's workhorse with 107 yards in 31 attempts and scored two TDs.

Bartum completed 10 of 18 passes for 125 yards and one TD. Carter completed eight of 18 passes for 81 yards with two interceptions.

Total yards from scrimmage favored Meigs, 373 to 213. Meigs had 16 first downs to Gallipolis'11.Meigs ran 46 plays from scrimmage to Gallipolis' 57. Gallipolis was penalized 10 times for 105 yards. Meigs was penalized eight times for 50 yards. Meigs fumbled 3 times and lost3. GAHS did not fumble but had two pass interceptions.

Gallia's Anthony Sipple punted four times for 119 yards (29.8). Meigs punted one time for 30 yards.
The Marauders will play Amanda Clearcreek this Friday.

River Valley, former member of the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League and Ohio Valley Conference is now a member of the Tri-Valley Conference.

In the Raiders victory over Rock Hill last Friday, QB Dayton Hardway, grandson of the late Mickey Hardway, former Gallipolis athlete, led the Raiders. He was three of eight passing for 85 yards and one TD. Mark Wray led RVHS in rushing with 11 carries for 100 yards and one TD. The Raiders had 222 total yards on offense and collected 12 first downs.
Rock Hill totaled 258 total yards and had 12 first downs.
Last edited by jottings on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RV should win but they must contain Kole Carter. I was impressed with him Friday. He looked tougher than I remember him being. The Devils can do this. Penalties absolutely killed them on Friday. This will be a classic, but in the end I have to go with RV by a score.

RV- 28
GA-20

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

by BlizzardMan » August 30th, 2015, 5:50 pm

RV should win but they must contain Kole Carter. I was impressed with him Friday. He looked tougher than I remember him being. The Devils can do this. Penalties absolutely killed them on Friday. This will be a classic, but in the end I have to go with RV by a score.

"must Contain Cole Carter", LOL!! He averaged 3yds a carry! Was totally in effective after Meigs just started keying on him, we were never in that game! Who cares if your down 20 points and run your Qb every down? He never gives the ball to the RB that is not hard to "contain"! We have one player who is decent on defense that is Sipple, the rest can't tackle, trip over their feet in open field, get lost in coverage, take horrible angles. This is the worst defensive team I have ever seen at GA period. Line play is horrid. Why do we keep recycling the same coaches and changing the head Coach? I remember RV getting slammed for doing this a few years ago!

This will be RV 19- GA 13 imho we just don't seem to have a break away threat. RV kids have to downplay the hype!
Last edited by bevo on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Jottings wrote:Gallipolis, 0-1, will hit the road again this week by traveling to Bidwell to take on county rival River Valley, 1-0, at 7:30 p.m. for a rare Saturday night high school grid game.

It will be the eighth meeting between the schools, and first since 2000. The Blue Devils lead the series with 7 wins against I loss. That one loss came in 1996 when Jimmy Gilmore, son of current GAHS Hall of Famer Jim Gilmore ran wild in a 21-0 Raider victory.

River Valley opened its 2015 season with a 26-0 win over Rock Hill. Gallipolis lost its opener 26-12 to host Meigs.
Here's the all-time series record between the two teams.
Year G M
1994 53 0
1995 38 8
1996 0 21
1997 23 7
1998 53 6
1999 43 7
2000 41 0
2015 ? ?
Totals 253 49
GAHS Won 7, lost 1.

Last Friday, Kaileb Sheets and Cody Bartrum led Meigs to a 26-12 win over GAHS . Sheets rushed for 207 yards in 16 attempts. Bartrum gained 30 yards in six tries. Both scored two touchdowns each. Kole Carter was Gallia Academy's workhorse with 107 yards in 31 attempts and scored two TDs.

Bartum completed 10 of 18 passes for 125 yards and one TD. Carter completed eight of 18 passes for 81 yards with two interceptions.

Total yards from scrimmage favored Meigs, 373 to 213. Meigs had 16 first downs to Gallipolis'11.Meigs ran 46 plays from scrimmage to Gallipolis' 57. Gallipolis was penalized 10 times for 105 yards. Meigs was penalized eight times for 50 yards. Meigs fumbled 3 times and lost3. GAHS did not fumble but had two pass interceptions.

Gallia's Anthony Sipple punted four times for 119 yards (29.8). Meigs punted one time for 30 yards.
The Marauders will play Amanda Clearcreek this Friday.

River Valley, former member of the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League and Ohio Valley Conference is now a member of the Tri-Valley Conference.

In the Raiders victory over Rock Hill last Friday, QB Dayton Hardway, grandson of the late Mickey Hardway, former Gallipolis athlete, led the Raiders. He was three of eight passing for 85 yards and one TD. Mark Wray led RVHS in rushing with 11 carries for 100 yards and one TD. The Raiders had 222 total yards on offense and collected 12 first downs.
Rock Hill totaled 258 total yards and had 12 first downs.

Jottings,

This is actually, I believe, the 11th match-up and first since 2001. They also played in 92, 93 and 2001, with GAHS winning all 3 of those.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

You are right This will he the 12th meeting. I could not find those three scores from my files in the attic. GAHS leads the series with 10 wins and one loss. Scores should be on file at the Gallipolis Library.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I didn't play football at RVHS, I was a senior the one year we beat GAHS.
This remains as one of my greatest high school memories.
The entire week leading up to the game, it just felt different than the previous year's.
The night before, we had a bonfire pep rally, and I think everyone went away from that with the thought that we would win that Friday night.
I can recall everything from that night. That the score was only 21-0 was a gift, as Gilmore very nearly scored (he scored, but ref wasn't on the goal line to see the plane get broken) on 4th down near the end of the 1st half, and the Raider defense tackled GAHS runners in the end zone at least twice, but forward progress was given.

I'm happy to see the two schools playing again, and hope that the seniors of the Class of 2016, will be able to look back in 19 years and remember their victory over GAHS!

Go Raiders!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Would appreciate scores of the 1992, 1993 and 2001 grid scores between GAHS and River Valley.

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

rv 28-15

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

GA.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

GA wins in a close one.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Wow I'm a little torn on this one..... On a limb the TVC pulls this out ... RV by 6

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

If you can't make it to the game Saturday night, you can listen to the River Valley Radio Network crew streaming live over the internet!

Eric Whitt, Jerrod Roberts, and Carl DeWitt will bring you all the action live from Bidwell!

You can listen online or download the free Ustream app and listen on your phone!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

GO RAIDERS!!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Cole Carter might have averaged less than 4 yards a carry, but the ability and talent is there for him to really break free from time to time. I give Meigs credit for "containing" his ability last week, and i do believe RV will need to contain him this week if they want to win. Sipple is and will remain the backbone of the GA defense throughout the year. I look for GA to show signs of improvement this week. I am going to give GA the edge but not by much, 18-12 Final.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

Going to be a large crowd and a great game. This is a gsme thst will set tone for both teams rest of the way

Go blue

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Closest game of the series will occur this week. I'll take the Academy de los Gallia 16-15.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Will this game be broadcast on Big Country Friday night?

Return to “Football”