WHEELERSBURG FRESHMAN

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WHEELERSBURG FRESHMAN

Post by fbnut »

Only 1 player on that freshman team thats ready to move up, I mentioned back in the summer that he could help varsity this year. I am guessing if they are moving him up he's going to be seeing a lot of playing time on friday nights.

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Yes Callie, that's right

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Final preps tonight for the Wheelersburg-Jackson Freshman game tomorrow night at 6PM at Ed Miller Stadium in Wheelersburg. Both the Jackson and Wheelersburg teams have been undefeated for 3 years each. Going to be a good one! GO BURG!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:With burg moving the best freshman player up to varsity this game could go in Jackson's favor
Jackson is known to move freshman up. Does anyone know if they have this year.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

As far as I know, Jackson has not moved any Freshmen up this year. I have not seen any play during Varsity games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I don't believe the burg freshman is varsity ready. He's very talented with speed and height, but he could use some muscle. I can understand why the coaches made the descion. He can stretch the field vertically. Hopefully he can withstand physical play, I'm sure the coaching staff has a plan on how to utilize him.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

noreply66 wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:With burg moving the best freshman player up to varsity this game could go in Jackson's favor
I believe I saw Matt Humphreys on a couple of the kick coverage teams last week against Chillicothe, but I have noticed anyone else and didn't notice if he was in other than on special teams.

Remember that name, the kid is a football player.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
I believe I saw Matt Humphreys on a couple of the kick coverage teams last week against Chillicothe, but I have noticed anyone else and didn't notice if he was in other than on special teams.

Remember that name, the kid is a football player.
What was that name again?

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Any score updates from this game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson Ironmen 28
Wheelersburg pirates 10

Just another day at the office for these young Ironmen .

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Ironmen domination !!!!

More to come in the future........

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Did The burg freshman play that moved up?

Did Jackson lead start to finish?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:This freshman class has never lost since they started junior high. They are a very talented group of kids!!
Well......can't say that anymore.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:Did The burg freshman play that moved up?

Did Jackson lead start to finish?
No Jackson didn't lead start to finish but they should have, turnovers killed them. they physically dominated the ballgame. The freshman that moved up didn't play, don't know if burg could have won with him but I think he would have been the best player on the field.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Badboy wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:This freshman class has never lost since they started junior high. They are a very talented group of kids!!
Ok so I can't say they haven't lost... but I can still say they are a very talented group of kids.. I know a lot of people like you badboy. Just a young kid looking to say something smart but fail every time. Congrats to the young ironmen!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

The 8th grade Burg group got the better of Jackson's 8th grade group in a scrimmage at the beginning of this season.

So this year's 8th/9th grade Burg squad will be a handful when they are 10th/11th and 11th/12th grade as will the Jackson teams which are pretty good from middle school through high school. Should make for some great games if we continue this series between both schools which I think will happen. Both travel extremely good.

My guess is this years Varsity Burg/Jackson match-up at home will be our second biggest gate behind the Wellston game.

Congrats to both schools and their fans they will have some good football to watch in the years to come.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Ok so I can't say they haven't lost... but I can still say they are a very talented group of kids.. I know a lot of people like you badboy. Just a young kid looking to say something smart but fail every time. Congrats to the young ironmen!!
A young kid? lol. Try again.

When you put a little cockiness out on the table, dont get mad when someone laughs when you fall on your face.

And I didnt fail. You cant say that anymore (at least without lying).

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgs comment was a compliment not a cocky statement. Furthermore your post did fail, it was a poor attempt at sarcasm. A better reply would have been "if only that were true"

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Badboy, I have read a lot of ignorant post on here.. however you take home the trophy. My statement had nothing to do with cockiness, I stated two facts. You're correct I can no longer says they are undefeated.. however they are still extremely talented. Your attempt at sarcasm was pathetic to say the least. But that's ok. I simply came on here to once again congratulate the ironmen and to say good effort burg. Both teams played hard and have nothing to hang their heads about.

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Freshman team on their victory tonight. Nice rebound win after last week's loss against a great Jackson team. Wheelersburg defeats Russell 49-0.

Return to “Football”