Week 3 Meigs vs. Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 3 Meigs vs. Logan

Post by noreply66 »

Smith kicks a good ball on the Xpt.....blocking is the problem.

You would think someone could kick further on the kick off......But if Smith can place the ball in the right spots his kicking will be fine.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

moonshine wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:FWIW - Logan soccer isn't bad. In fact, they just got beat for the first time this year on Saturday (2-1 by Newark, Newark is 4-1).

Also, while Logan doesn't have a great "kicker," they have more problems than that. The two blocks by Teays Valley were direct result of a man coming through untouched for the block.

Right now Logan needs to be better at snapping, holding, protecting, and kicking. Smith isn't bad at PATs if he gets the first three.

Now, I'd love to recruit a soccer player to kick. Maybe even look at the girls team? Teays Valley had two girl kickers on their roster. One of them kicked an extra point as a freshman last year.
All this mentioned above are special teams problems It start with coaching and practicing.
Just like Coach Perry said, There are Three phases of football! Offence, Defense and Special Teams.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

You would think with 55 players on the roster the kicker should already be there! Shouldn't even need a soccer player with that many people to chose from.I agree i think Smith will be alright for the x points.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You have hit on an answer -- get a girl from the soccer team to kick for the Chiefs. Warren Harding did it several years ago. She was good and accurate for X-pt kicks and short FGs. Big hit with the fans too. Thats cheap of a coach to restrict athletes. Yet some schools do it until formal complaints are raised with the administration.

At least for this game it won't make a difference as Logan will stomp Meigs. However, the Jackson & DeSales games have moved from losses on my outlook to toss up games . Best get a kicker as it might be the difference .

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:You have hit on an answer -- get a girl from the soccer team to kick for the Chiefs. Warren Harding did it several years ago. She was good and accurate for X-pt kicks and short FGs. Big hit with the fans too. Thats cheap of a coach to restrict athletes. Yet some schools do it until formal complaints are raised with the administration.

At least for this game it won't make a difference as Logan will stomp Meigs. However, the Jackson & DeSales games have moved from losses on my outlook to toss up games . Best get a kicker as it might be the difference .
I for one am just glad Logan ran from competition by dumping Lancaster from the schedule. This would certainly be a different start if they would have suffered that beating in week one. :mrgreen:

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Very few Lancaster fans had anymore interest in playing Logan. They instead played DeSales, which was cool because you have some parents of current football players that did play against DeSales in the early/mid 90's. And DeSales was probably better competition for Lancaster.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ground Buck wrote:
Paladin wrote:You have hit on an answer -- get a girl from the soccer team to kick for the Chiefs. Warren Harding did it several years ago. She was good and accurate for X-pt kicks and short FGs. Big hit with the fans too. Thats cheap of a coach to restrict athletes. Yet some schools do it until formal complaints are raised with the administration.

I for one am just glad Logan ran from competition by dumping Lancaster from the schedule. This would certainly be a different start if they would have suffered that beating in week one. :mrgreen:
Grounded chuck is talking out his buck again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

noreply66 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

Grounded chuck is talking out his buck again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
Figured it wouldn't be long before one of the Paladin groupies would post. The truth and reality both seem to sting you girls when you get slapped in the face with either one. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Just a note, if things go well, lol.... Logan may have a soccer kid kicking field goals. I will know more when I get home.... And yes, the soccer coach makes the players choose between one sport or the other "stupid rule", last year iT cost him his leading senior soccer scorer because he chose football...

Rooting for the Chiefs, but I'm not so sure that a blow out is on hand... Meigs is better than what I thought, however, Logan will wear them down and probably win by 2 TDs..

GO CHIEFS!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What Columbus showed of this game Meigs look very good. Just don't really know what AC has.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Besides a RB, I don't think AC has a lot. I do know that they have a top tier back.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

anyone know how good the meigs wr's are? or how big?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

They have played Gallia which is struggling and AC they are in a rebuilding mode! I look for a tight game in 1st qtr then at the end of the 2nd qtr look for Logan to bust the game open and will put up 40-50 points to Meigs 21.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

My brother broke down the film for Meigs. Theyre good. Have some good skilled players. They will be greatly improved from last year.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Good skill players avg. line better than last year but the Chiefs are better also!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

As much as it pains me to say Logan may very well go 10-0 this year...DeSales and Jackson neither one have shown they are that good yet, plus they are several hundred boys larger than either one so they should compete well.

Should destroy NY which they should 350 boys or so larger than them.

400 more boys than little ole Shadyside, the biggest, baddest school in the weak SEOAL really stepped up their schedule this year adding this D7 school.

Warren and Gallia doesn't appear to have much in the weak SEOAL.

Week 11 looks like a certainty for Paladin's Chiefs.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I get annoyed by the numbers argument so much!! Not every boy at Logan plays football!! They have just as many kids on the team as both Jackson and DeSales. And DeSales can recruit. Sorry but they can. Just bc you have 1000 boys doesnt mean you have 900 on the team. I hate that analogy.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Overlook ole Dandy Don, he's not the brightest decoration on the Christmas tree. He needs to keep his low intelligent comments on the Bottle Rocket thread.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Paladin wrote:I don't see this one being close at all. Logan is big and bad this year. Meigs is going to get stomped.
Not exactly a Strength of schedule game... Huh Pal... :razz: :razz: :razz:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote:As much as it pains me to say Logan may very well go 10-0 this year...DeSales and Jackson neither one have shown they are that good yet, plus they are several hundred boys larger than either one so they should compete well.

Should destroy NY which they should 350 boys or so larger than them.

400 more boys than little ole Shadyside, the biggest, baddest school in the weak SEOAL really stepped up their schedule this year adding this D7 school.

Warren and Gallia doesn't appear to have much in the weak SEOAL.

Week 11 looks like a certainty for Paladin's Chiefs.
Not :lol: so :lol: Handy :lol: dawn :lol: saying :lol: a :lol: lot :lol: of :lol: nothing :lol: again....sorry guys just can't stop laughing at this joker :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”