Varsity

Re: Week 3: Portsmouth West @ Coal Grove

Post by Buckeye24 »

West won 8-6.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

lostcause wrote:Coal grove will not win a game this year with offensive play calling like that. . Horrible. .they didn't even play there best players . Stupid . Just plain stupid.
I absolutely agree. I like Coach Kidd, he needs to give up play calling to someone else.

Amended: I agree on the play calling part. But I know many players were hurt and banged up. Someone said Dolan had a sprained ankle, but still played defense.
Last edited by linedrive on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Great job West. They showed alot of heart tonight.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I thought both teams looked bad. When Coal Grove scored in the final few minutes I thought we had lost. It was a relief to have it taken back.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

dreamweaver wrote:I thought both teams looked bad. When Coal Grove scored in the final few minutes I thought we had lost. It was a relief to have it taken back.
Of course you would. I would expect nothing different. Your dream of an 0-10 season is lost.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Way to go Senators. Way to represent in the SOC. Maybe not your best season but put it together for a good win tonight.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Westfan wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:I thought both teams looked bad. When Coal Grove scored in the final few minutes I thought we had lost. It was a relief to have it taken back.
Of course you would. I would expect nothing different. Your dream of an 0-10 season is lost.
Of course you have to criticize anyone that sees it different than you.Too bad for Berry, but the young QB is good too.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Obvious one sided officiating in the first half.
Loose a senior for the year last week.
Loose your senior quarterback in the first half.
Have 3 other starters leave the game.
Battle and beat a pretty decent team on the road and all you can say is both teams looked bad. I wonder why :roll:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Good Job West.

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

This game was not very pretty but im relieved to see west come out with the win. Even tho IMO they probably shouldnt have but a couple bone headed plays from coal grove gave em a chance and they took it. With the long coal grove supposed touchdown until the player extends the ball at the 5 in celebration. That gave west the game right there. Also the tipped ball by the coal grove defense for the 2 pt conversion. Turned out to be the difference. West will have to have to clean up a bit before SOC play. And i think they will. On to the next week!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Team showed emotion tonight. Hadn't seen that all year. Great defense all game.

Games are gonna be low scoring and kinda ugly for us to win and that's fine. Other than Job (who played phenomenal), we just don't have alot of game breakers. Which is fine, win with defense.

Either way teams better get West now, because these freshmen and sophomores are gonna be outstanding.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

sportsman678 wrote:This game was not very pretty but im relieved to see west come out with the win. Even tho IMO they probably shouldnt have but a couple bone headed plays from coal grove gave em a chance and they took it. With the long coal grove supposed touchdown until the player extends the ball at the 5 in celebration. That gave west the game right there. Also the tipped ball by the coal grove defense for the 2 pt conversion. Turned out to be the difference. West will have to have to clean up a bit before SOC play. And i think they will. On to the next week!
I agree with you. You could tell Coal Grove is young and inexperienced both on the field and coaching. West has some seniors I think always play great. Kegley, Davis are always solid and along with Jobe. We will take the win however ugly.

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

Westfan wrote:Team showed emotion tonight. Hadn't seen that all year. Great defense all game.

Games are gonna be low scoring and kinda ugly for us to win and that's fine. Other than Job (who played phenomenal), we just don't have alot of game breakers. Which is fine, win with defense.

Either way teams better get West now, because these freshmen and sophomores are gonna be outstanding.
Great post. Cant agree more

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Westfan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

If Coal Grove can't beat the beat up Pointers next week they might not win a game this year.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to West. In reading the post it appears West overcame a lot to get the win.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The Oaf wrote:
Westfan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good to have you back

Return to “Football”