Week 3: (2-0) Beechwood KY @ (0-2) Ironton

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3: (2-0) Beechwood KY @ (0-2) Ironton

Post by Senatorz10 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Valenth wrote:To be honest I dont remember the last time Ironton lost back to back home games.
2015 :lol:
LOL.. Before that! :lol:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

we have played 2 games I have seen both burg / Russell use multiple offense formations , players in motion, etc , etc !!!! Ironton pretty much 1 (a little more in 2nd game)

tigercannon this next 1 is for you since you are a fan of POWER RUNNING when ironton lines up like this that is a (PEE WEE FOOTBALL FORMATION)(burg pretty much had 9 within 5 yds but Russell on the other hand had ALL 11 r u going to continue to run the play or abort it to some other play?????

I realize this is high school football , I would think someone up top could see this and have a hot / goto play to use next time this is presented

either TE should been able to fake blocking and be wide open going down middle before the defense is aware of what happened

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

Have any of you seen the assistant coaches roster? Other than the "family"most have come from losing programs (Rock Hill, South Point, etc) and their only prior experience is coaching pee wee football. Their only qualification is friends with the head coach. That's a big reason the program is in the shape it's in. They have no high school football coaching experience and definitely no sense of "Fighting Tiger" football tradition. No conditioning, no discipline, no technique is what I've seen the last couple of years. Word I got was when the job came open after Lutz retired (the 2nd time) the Wayne coach was interested and was told the job was already filled. It was already set for Vass to take over. I feel for the kids that are playing and not getting the coaching they deserve to compete at the high school level. With this staff they will struggle to win in the OVC.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

whitwell wrote:Have any of you seen the assistant coaches roster? Other than the "family"most have come from losing programs (Rock Hill, South Point, etc) and their only prior experience is coaching pee wee football. Their only qualification is friends with the head coach. That's a big reason the program is in the shape it's in. They have no high school football coaching experience and definitely no sense of "Fighting Tiger" football tradition. No conditioning, no discipline, no technique is what I've seen the last couple of years. Word I got was when the job came open after Lutz retired (the 2nd time) the Wayne coach was interested and was told the job was already filled. It was already set for Vass to take over. I feel for the kids that are playing and not getting the coaching they deserve to compete at the high school level. With this staff they will struggle to win in the OVC.
now here is someone that calls It like it is also great post whitwell (sad if all that is true but im sure it is or you wouldn't have posted it) they let 1 slip by with the wayne guy that program is always competitive

game 3 will say everything for me and yes were playing a number 1 team from ky that is ranked 29th (in the entire state I think ) 4 to 5 TD'S Is a must

and last but not least please don't approach this game as I want to play keep away from the other team (that is so PEE WEE , childish , stupid , etc etc )

object is to SCORE

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:someone will end up hurt BAD if ironton don't toss the power RUN formation back into the stone age where it belongs (it don't work , WILL NEVER WORK , etc , etc )

this game is the tale /tale game on if VASS has control over this game if the offense don't put 30+ on board then same guy is calling plays and wasn't relieved of his duty's

KY MAX PREPS shows beechwood with a 18 person roster wonder who knows if this is true ???

I know they have freshman that START on varsity

They have 41 Players not couting Freshmen

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k ... /?id=46289

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:When is the last time Ironton started a season 0-4? If ever?....
1964 and 1965
I'll leave it to someone else to find out if it has happened more recently.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

they look solid on offense 3 key guys 14 slusher, 12 fieger, and 17 stringer a well balanced approach in that game of 181 rushing 172 passing!!

their defense looks puzzling to me to give up 144 rushing but 240 by passing

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Hopefully the injuries that were sustained against Russell were not serious injuries. Does anyone know who and how serious the injuries were?

Palladino, Young, who else?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:they look solid on offense 3 key guys 14 slusher, 12 fieger, and 17 stringer a well balanced approach in that game of 181 rushing 172 passing!!

their defense looks puzzling to me to give up 144 rushing but 240 by passing
Fieger is a 3 year starter at QB and started the last couple Varsity games as a Freshmen.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:we have played 2 games I have seen both burg / Russell use multiple offense formations , players in motion, etc , etc !!!! Ironton pretty much 1 (a little more in 2nd game)

tigercannon this next 1 is for you since you are a fan of POWER RUNNING when ironton lines up like this that is a (PEE WEE FOOTBALL FORMATION)(burg pretty much had 9 within 5 yds but Russell on the other hand had ALL 11 r u going to continue to run the play or abort it to some other play?????

I realize this is high school football , I would think someone up top could see this and have a hot / goto play to use next time this is presented

either TE should been able to fake blocking and be wide open going down middle before the defense is aware of what happened

Yea that passing thing worked when we got in shotgun and snapped the ball over the QB's head for a Russell touchdown.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I'm with you whitwell. I brought it up last week & will again. The coaching staff has got to go. It's been ear planted , quite soundly by now. Clean the offense coach out!!!! NOW!
I know the players lost are good, but what good are they back injury free led by those monkeys. Put the ad out now!!!! "Complete gutted staff needs replaced"!!!
Sorry young fighting tigers. You've done you're best & im sure you've had to form your own weight lifting off season practicing & own coaching these past two games. You deserve a great deal of respect for wearing the orange & black.
The burg commenter poking @ future losses for the tigers needs to stay zipped. We've all congratulated you. Show some class & move out & on!
Oh, & if you come up with some bs lines like its a free speech forum, I can say what I want... Etc...
Then go ahead, it will prove my point, that you are classless!!!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The season is young and there are a ton of points left on the table...A talented team with their backs against the wall is a dangerous team. If nothing else, rally around the players and save the criticism for week 15. I'm sure many players are reading what is written on this site about the coaches and the team. JMO Realistic Expectations....

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:we have played 2 games I have seen both burg / Russell use multiple offense formations , players in motion, etc , etc !!!! Ironton pretty much 1 (a little more in 2nd game)

Yea that passing thing worked when we got in shotgun and snapped the ball over the QB's head for a Russell touchdown.
When your 1st team center goes down you don't put the second team center in and have him snap it in the shot gun. By the way he would be the 3rd team center on my team or would play a different position nothing against the kid. I would move the center that played that position for 2 years back to center. Move Webb back to guard and move the other tackle over to Webb's side now you have a strong running game. But that would make to much sense.

Cpeake740
Waterboy

Post by Cpeake740 »

Soooooooo, any predictions on this game?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Cpeake740 wrote:Soooooooo, any predictions on this game?

My prediction? Pain!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I'm with you whitwell. I brought it up last week & will again. The coaching staff has got to go. It's been ear planted , quite soundly by now. Clean the offense coach out!!!! NOW!
I know the players lost are good, but what good are they back injury free led by those monkeys. Put the ad out now!!!! "Complete gutted staff needs replaced"!!!
Sorry young fighting tigers. You've done you're best & im sure you've had to form your own weight lifting off season practicing & own coaching these past two games. You deserve a great deal of respect for wearing the orange & black.
The burg commenter poking @ future losses for the tigers needs to stay zipped. We've all congratulated you. Show some class & move out & on!
Oh, & if you come up with some bs lines like its a free speech forum, I can say what I want... Etc...
No bs here say what you want. You may want to go back and reread some of the posts however because for ever Ironton poster that congratulated the burg you had another that refused to give Burg any credit for the W, they were to busy blaming the loss on burg coaches teaching cheap shots and burg kids playing dirty. Heck you had one poster say Ironton had twice the talent as the burg. Some might say the way some Ironton posters are totally trashing the Ironton kids and coaches might be described as "classless".

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Fbnut, that's the best post I've ever read!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

fbnut wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:I'm with you whitwell. I brought it up last week & will again. The coaching staff has got to go. It's been ear planted , quite soundly by now. Clean the offense coach out!!!! NOW!
No bs here say what you want. You may want to go back and reread some of the posts however because for ever Ironton poster that congratulated the burg you had another that refused to give Burg any credit for the W, they were to busy blaming the loss on burg coaches teaching cheap shots and burg kids playing dirty. Heck you had one poster say Ironton had twice the talent as the burg. Some might say the way some Ironton posters are totally trashing the Ironton kids and coaches might be described as "classless".
I'm a grown man, if I post in a past oopponents topic, it's to congratulate them & move on, there's no reason to read their team's future posts. I could careless. I'm speaking for myself here. I may go into your playoff topic &swish you well, & exit. When there's a poster riding you/us in a topic not concerning me/you, I realize it's a HS poster, stirring the pot. Not someone I've seen for 8- years posting as a pirate, that's this case. This is a time where your complete program is seeing a dark uncertain time, but go ahead & Yak & prove my point, it doesn't matter:

YOU,have proved my point:

Open mouth insert foot.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

I heard two stories on Desmond; one was heat exhaustion and the other was a pretty serious concussion.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Palladino was held out during scrimmage because of the same thing Friday. I wonder if there's something not detected.

Return to “Football”